Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

brianon is just giving away stuff from his collection as a present if anyone has something they don't want but want to go into the Secret Santa.
    Pyongyang wrote: »
    I'd settle for a slice of that Fukushima cake from the last beers :D
    had it for my snack on the way home on the train, so lully, get Dinorex to into it and I'll fix it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

blag wrote: »
    You only have to revisit Skyview Temple, the rest of that section consists of completely new dungeons, which are really good!

I agree with the motion controls bit though, they're nice most of the time but there are times when I'd just like to plug in a GC pad and use the right stick for sword stuff.

Having proper control over the camera would be lovely too.

I really HATE that sound that's made when you hit the button to centre the camera behind yourself... **SHCLINK**

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oi, stop ****ting all over my Christmas Day dreams of Zelda!

In the absence of religion, it's Annual New Games day!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭paperwork

DinoRex wrote: »
    I really HATE that sound that's made when you hit the button to centre the camera behind yourself... **SHCLINK**

I totally disagree, the thing I love most about zelda and all nintendo games are how spot on the little sounds are. Text sounds, the little conformation noise when u press "A" during a conversation and the SHCLINK.
    The reason i never got into the 3D FF games was because I didn't get enough satisfaction from the beeps and bops...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Was browsing around for Chrimbo gifts and for some reason stumbled upon this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/186230825X

:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh Mario Kart 7 kicks botty by the way!
    A rather subtle 3d effect, not eye straining at all, even when the slider is all the way up.
    So, two outstanding 3ds games in as many weeks... about frakkin' time!
    I do want Cave Story 3d though, the Ace Combat game looks good too.

Played a spot of Aero Fighters 3 this evening, not cool, prefer the second one tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Trying to break up the stress of crafting a thesis proposal with bursts of Disgaea 4.

By the way, you're all coming to my - as of now theoretical - classic Japanese / South Korean film festival next year.

*shakes fist*

By the way, you're all coming to my - as of now theoretical - classic Japanese / South Korean film festival next year.
    me and Retr0 can get out our sailor fuku
    th_1308545966217s.jpg?t=1318976975
    Seriously though, would love to go, sounds fun :3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Ended up watching the second half of the toy show :o

They had an iCade on for a minute and a 9 year old girl with a unibrow.

That was about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My son and I had the traditional lemonade, crisps and sweets cuisine as we watched the show.
    It was great fun.
    Turbidy is not my favourite presenter but he was great with the myriad of kids.
    Videogame wise there was little bar a brief Kinect and Wii interlude.

I missed it. Did Tubs open the show in spectacular fashion by arriving on stage in a Silver Hawk ship accompanied by an extravagant Jean Michel-Jarre laser show and smoke machine before announcing after each segment that "this zone is complete, we are now rushing in to zone X" before a climactic video footage scene depicting an epic space battle between Tubs in the Silver Hawk and Brian Cowen in a rubber suit dressed as King Fossil played out at a cost of several billion Euro to the tax payer?

If not I'm not looking it up on RTE Player.

:)

p.s Were Mairead Farrell or Jennifer Maguire topless and wrestling in beans during any of it?

Nope, Tubs arrived in a olde style trunk dressed as Woody before, a little later, unveiling his Xmas jumper, which was a little too mainstream... But then it is Tubs.

No topless baked bean wrestling either come to think of it.

In actual fact I'm beginning to suspect that your expectations for the Late Late Toy Show are a little over-wrought, given it's typical content of cheesy dialog, earnest children and kids singing songs and doing dances.
    But it's an Irish tradition gods dammit, and one of the few that does not involve drinking into a stupor to enjoy!

Red lemonade, King crisps and some Star Mix are really the only way to go!

Darn! I had visions of it being broadcast live from somewhere absolutely epic, like, I dunno, Sligo or something.

Beamed live across the globe from a packed, 200,000 capacity table tennis stadium. Stars would be literally thrust on stage arriving on jet packs. A parade of helicopter gunships would toss hapless z-listers from Fade Street in to the seething, roaring, shouting mass of fans below. Topped off by a hologram show, beamed high in the air above the stadium depicting a meteor the size of Phibsborough crashing down in to a terrified crowd!

This would then cut to a calm, yet focused review on a new chess set released by Hasbro and covered in depth by Tubs, Peter Andre and a 6 year old from Letterkenny who's main interests include collecting Pannini stickers, sneezing milk through his nose and throwing stones at frogs.

Great telly!

Darn! I had visions of it being broadcast live from somewhere absolutely epic, like, I dunno, Sligo or something.

Beamed live across the globe from a packed, 200,000 capacity table tennis stadium. Stars would be literally thrust on stage arriving on jet packs. A parade of helicopter gunships would toss hapless z-listers from Fade Street in to the seething, roaring, shouting mass of fans below. Topped off by a hologram show, beamed high in the air above the stadium depicting a meteor the size of Phibsborough crashing down in to a terrified crowd!

This would then cut to a calm, yet focused review on a new chess set released by Hasbro and covered in depth by Tubs, Peter Andre and a 6 year old from Letterkenny who's main interests include collecting Pannini stickers, sneezing milk through his nose and throwing stones at frogs.

Great telly!

You've never actually been to Sligo, have you?
    Just wondering, I spent three years there in nurse training and I don't think the town would be quite up the challenge of hosting as epic an event as you suggest.

Now Bundoran on the other hand....

Actually I have been to Sligo!

Once.

I went to the toilet at a Texaco garage there then left.

I was driving to Kilkee about 6 years ago for New Years and took a wrong turn and ended up in Sligo before heading back down again. :)

I went to the toilet at a Texaco garage there then left.

I was driving to Kilkee about 6 years ago for New Years and took a wrong turn and ended up in Sligo before heading back down again. :)
    that sounds like something I would do! How did you manage that? Just one wrong turn?
    Also I love Kilkee, it's Limerick2 like Limerickponza.

Kerbdog and I, with his mates, went to a, well a Kerbdog gig in Belfast.
    Now, getting there was easy, just follow the big signs for Belfast.
    Getting home, was interesting...
    I dozed off in the car as we were leaving and I woke up some time later to find us still in Ulster.
    Turns out that the signs for Dublin from Belfast are not quite as big as the signs from Dublin to Belfast and judging my the time taken they must have been halfway to Derry/Londonderry before the error was noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

:(:( Heads wrecked everyone has Marioland3D & MK7 :(:(

I don't!
    Please send money, postal order or cheque to pdbhp's 3DS fund, Tallaght, Dublin 24.

Not to be confused with pdbhp's beer fund:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I've not been able to game properly in about 3 weeks due to a Wiimote finding its way right through the centre of my television.

Survival of the fittest, indeed.

Thus, have been rediscovering the joy of vacuuming up a lot of PC titles and promptly realizing my PC can't run them.

There's an FML entry in here somewhere.

• Advertisement

Where is Sparks these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You've never actually been to Sligo, have you?
    Just wondering, I spent three years there in nurse training and I don't think the town would be quite up the challenge of hosting as epic an event as you suggest.

Now Bundoran on the other hand....
    Bundoran could handle any event of any amount of epicness :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Just taught that I would make a quick puplic service announcement- STUDIO GHIBLI SEASON STARTING NEXT SATURDAY ON FILM4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ger' outra tha garden

1627699210.png

Doubled my old 25Mb for €2, can't go wrong there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pisses me off the way people advertise multiple games on adverts as seperate ads. Scroll scroll scroll all the same seller. Put them in one fugging ad & list them ffs

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    Just taught that I would make a quick puplic service announcement- STUDIO GHIBLI SEASON STARTING NEXT SATURDAY ON FILM4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all.:D

Make sure to check out Pom Poko if its on. One of the best but most underviewed of all Ghibli films.

They do them once a year, but it was great to be able to catch up on their catalogue after Spirited Away was released. Channel / Film 4 provided my first intros to Totoro, Mononoke, Naussica, PP and many others.

Also, just remember: if its dubbed, turn it off :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Where is Sparks these days?

Still around but studying like hell.

Probably going to do a degree after i get my A+ and then hopefully a job

The unbearably exciting Amazon 'feature list' for Final Fantasy XIII-2:
    • Just as the monsters appear on screen, a dial clock called "Mog Clock" appears in the middle of the bottom half of the screen and a red ring surrounds the player's character with a radius of about 3 meters.
    • The Crux system allows players to jump through various gates throughout XIII-2. Players will see a drastic change, based on their choices. This would also go towards the multiple endings of the game.
    • Players will be presented with a puzzle-like problem in a void between dimensions.
    • The player will be presented with a series of "dialogue trees" when talking to non-player characters (NPCs).

I wasn't going to buy it, but pre-ordered three copies as soon as I read about the red ring that surrounds the player's character with a radius of about 3 meters.

That about sounds intriguing, I mean, that could run to a centimetre or two, a lot can happen in there...
    But then that's the type of mystery Final Fantasy games excel at!

And the introduction of "Dialogue trees"!
    What an innovation!
    Next they'll have little blocks with "?" marks on that could contain coins or even better!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

A red ring with a radius of 3 meters?

That's a game changer right there. Videogames will never be the same again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement