Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic/chat thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

Fishie wrote: »
    I went to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition today, it was really good but a bit crowded

Is this any good? Was at the one last year and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

Is anybody feeling the Christmas spirit much earlier than usual? I think it's a mixture of the wintry fog and all of the Christmas lights everywhere. I'm really excited about seeing Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland, but I feel like I should hold off until it's actually December...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Fenny wrote: »
    Is anybody feeling the Christmas spirit much earlier than usual? I think it's a mixture of the wintry fog and all of the Christmas lights everywhere. I'm really excited about seeing Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland, but I feel like I should hold off until it's actually December...

I'm going to wait until December, and maybe even til there's some snow around. Really liked it there last year. Mulled wine ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Yeah, my Grinch is coming to the fore

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

My inner Grinch was being woken up bigtime due to family silliness, but I've managed to get that sorted.

These days Christmas for me means a bunch of decent Spanish cheese & charcuterie, some decent European beer, mulled cider, and the likes of the The 8 Bits Of Christmas or that old classic There's A Dead Man Up The Chimney. And who could forget classic Christmas films like Die Hard and In Bruges, or classic Christmas episodes of South Park like Mr Hankey The Christmas Poo, Red Sleigh Down, and The Woodland Critter Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

Only a month to Christmas day so even though I do agree that all things Christmassy should be left until December have cracked due to peer pressue and am heading to the Winter Wonderland tomorrow.

In fairness though I love Christmas so I did cave in quite easily :D

Now that it's December, I feel guilt-free in saying that I went to Winter Wonderland - and it was magical! :P Markets are expensive, but it's such a lovely place to just stroll around and take pictures of. It was unbelievably busy, though, try to go on a weekday if you can at all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Ooh, great! I'm definitely going there in the next week. Just need to set aside an evening that I'm not rushing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Will be leaving at Xmas! Just found out that the contract isnt being extended due to lack of funding so I'll be back in Newry in January... can you tell that I am excited? Can you feel the excitement?

.... I cant :(

Misticles wrote: »
    Will be leaving at Xmas! Just found out that the contract isnt being extended due to lack of funding so I'll be back in Newry in January... can you tell that I am excited? Can you feel the excitement?

Aw that sucks, you didn't even get a chance to get settled and enjoy the place
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Misticles wrote: »

I'm sorry, that must be really disappointing for you :( I hope I'll get to meet you before you leave, though I'm aware you probably have a lot to do if you're moving back
    Cheetara wrote: »
    Is this any good? Was at the one last year and really enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it anyway, I went with a friend who knows a lot more about photography than I do so she was exclaiming about lenses and focus and whatnot, I still enjoyed it though it's a lovely exhibition.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Feeling no xmas spirit at all, it's too bloody warm! Vic line is still like a sauna every day :(

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Feeling no xmas spirit at all, it's too bloody warm! Vic line is still like a sauna every day :(

It would usually be a good thing to say my office is nothing like the Victoria line, however for a moment when I read your post I wished it was, as my office was bloody freezing this morning. I've been wearing a scarf all day.

I'm not feeling very Christmassy yet either, but I put this down to the fact that I'm not working in retail anymore and haven't had Christmas shoved in my face for months. I've hardly even done any Christmas shopping, just the odd bit here and there!

Southwest Trains, you are the bane of my life.

Happy Christmas everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Happy Christmas everyone :)

And a Happy Christmas to you :)

Does anyone know anywhere in London/East Sussex that sells Bord na Mona firelogs?

Weird question I know, but it's for a colleague :)

Does anyone know anywhere in London/East Sussex that sells Bord na Mona firelogs?

Weird question I know, but it's for a colleague :)

IS there not a paddy shop in Dulwich that may have them

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

IS there not a paddy shop in Dulwich that may have them

The Irish shop in East Dulwich, on Lordship lane.

I've only been in the once but they most likely stock them, you can stock up on Red Lemonade while you're there!

Apparently now the Costa Concordia captain is saying he “tripped and fell” into a lifeboat...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

It gets better and better..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Some trip....
    It's my birthday... Eep!!:)
    Just started watching Twin Peaks.. Anyone watched it??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Some trip....

Happy birthday :)

Some trip....
    Happy birthday

Must go and sit down now, as you brought the matter of Laura Dern up

Some trip....

Happy Birthday LMB, have a great one! :)

edit - Twin Peaks is awesome. Brilliantly weird!

Some trip....

Happy birthday! :) Twin Peaks is so good! Completely mental but amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭flynninio

so glad this page is getting good repsonse. if anybody is interested in irish meet ups pm me. paddys day is coming soon so we will all be planning a good day as you can imagine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

flynninio wrote: »
    so glad this page is getting good repsonse. if anybody is interested in irish meet ups pm me. paddys day is coming soon so we will all be planning a good day as you can imagine. :)

We already have Irish meet-ups! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056503002

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Hi all,

im cranky (well not really, chose this name years ago and never got around to changing it)
    Moving over to London tomorrow with the other half.Will be staying out in Ealing at the start and then see what happens.We dont have any work sorted yet, so we're a bit/ VERY apprehensive.But looking forward to it all the same.

Ive never been to a boards meet up, so London might be a good place to start.....

I live in south Ealing. It's a nice place to live!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

cronin_j wrote: »
    I live in south Ealing. It's a nice place to live!!

We're in south ealing as well, it is a really nice place to live, although its a fair bit away from the nightlife of the city.But we're thinking of staying here for a while anyway until we get work and a proper feel of the area.

Advertisement