Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic/chat thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

Is accommodation expensive in London these days?

its true that its never known to be cheap, but depending on the areas and what your looking for. i was searching for a good while till i found somewhere decent, and good people. myrent is quite good considering the space of the house.

I used to live in dublin so the rent wasnt much of a suprise to me.

take your time and compare different places and look at what your looking for and your budget, is my advise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Any plans for this summer weekend?

Im thinking a lunch BBQ on Saturday as it gets dark early. maybe hit Richmond on Sunday and spend it by the Thames.

Anything else I could do with this weather?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I signed up for a 5 class deal at my local fitness boutique and tonight's the last one - spinning. I'm expecting to be in pain tomorrow as my body doesn't seem to like all the exercise It's been doing over the last fortnight.

I'd say I'll keep going to the kettle bell classes after this as they're fun and I don't feel like dying after!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Aer Arann have cancelled all their flights in and out of my local airport (ten mins from home) from Oct 3st- April..means by xmas flights have gone belly up..so annoyed :(

http://www.galwaynews.ie/22070-huge-blow-galway-airport-aer-arann-pulls-flights

Affects those of you going to Waterford too :(

oh no! hope this hasnt interfeared with your plans to go home soon.???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

OMG that's terrible! Can you book a Ryanair flight to Knock and make your way down instead?

What sucks more is that if you book a flight for the Christmas period the price may be more now than if you booked with Aer Lingus or Ryanair back when you booked the Aer Arann ones home. Have you travel insurance?

Mc Kenzie wrote: »
    oh no! hope this hasnt interfeared with your plans to go home soon.???

nope, thanks tho, but I am home for a week next week, right before the cut off date!! phew!
    OMG that's terrible! Can you book a Ryanair flight to Knock and make your way down instead?

What sucks more is that if you book a flight for the Christmas period the price may be more now than if you booked with Aer Lingus or Ryanair back when you booked the Aer Arann ones home. Have you travel insurance?

Pain in the backside. We'd used a voucher AA had given us for messing up our flights last year...so best they can do is renew the voucher for 6 months. Have booked Ryanair Luton-Dub, which was more expensive, means taking a day a/l and less handy than South End-Galway :(

Ach but at this stage it's just nice to have have it sorted, so 'over it' today!!
    Jewish hols again today and tomorrow..I love this time off!!!

My boss is Jewish so he's at home again while the rest of us are holding the fort in the office. Same again next week! Good thing about all these Jewish holidays is that he usually brings in cake after :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

what do you suppose the chances are of bumping into someone you know on the underground? I bumped into someone tonight, they finished work late I only ever travel on the tube on the weekends, we were going for same train, travelling from different places .... for me this was completely bizarre and frankly TERRIFIED ME!

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I assume it must but gosh it is weird!

That's my off topic chat for today

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Before I moved here I popped over to visit my brother a couple of times and on both trips ran into 2 or 3 people I knew at busy tube/train stations, so I assumed it happened all the time. In 4 years living here it's happened about 3 times since :|

It probably helps if you live/work near each other, though. Otherwise with a transport system that moves several million of people around each day it is kind of unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I once had some dude walk up to me while I was waiting for my train to work and ask me had I gone to UCC... Turns out he was in the year behind me in my course.

the people i see on the tube are the ones you see only once and you never see them again after that. ..Its kinda weird.

Tonight I'm going to be paid to secret shop a b@1.. Hmmmm being paid to drink some fancy cocktails.. Nice :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

the people i see on the tube are the ones you see only once and you never see them again after that. ..Its kinda weird.

So what you're saying is you've been killing off everyone who's ever been on the Tube at the same time as you?! :eek:

Fysh

Did you copy my sig or did I copy you.. Hmmmmm

Fysh wrote: »
    So what you're saying is you've been killing off everyone who's ever been on the Tube at the same time as you?! :eek:

Mwahahahaha :D

Mwahahahaha :D

Keep going like that and I'm not telling you where the next Beers is on :P

Speaking of which, must sort out the date for the next Beers...

:eek: how could you!!! im nice really :D...

I recomend Waxys !:)

Think I best be getting myself some wellyboots if this continues!! Or I'll be swimming home!

Hmm, today wasn't the best day to be wearing runners :(

On the plus side, Flogging Molly tomorrow night, David O'Doherty & Peter Serafinowicz on Saturday, and Devin Townsend next week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

Anyway else get absolutely soaked or was I the only eejit not to dress appropriately this morning???

Reminds me of Galway..except in Galway we get this 95% of the time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

Reminds me of Galway..except in Galway we get this 95% of the time!!!

Ah no Galway never has proper rain like this......always that misty rubbish so you hardly think it's raining then get absolutely soaked!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Christmas ice skating rinks are starting to open! Anyone want to go with me sometime?

I went to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition today, it was really good but a bit crowded

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Occupy LSX have moved into a UBS building :eek:
    It originated at St Paul’s Cathedral in the City of London, followed by a camp set up in Islington’s Finsbury Square and Occupy London announced at 10am this morning that the campaigners have taken over a large abandoned office block in Hackney which will be their third site. Protests took place last night against the eviction of the gathering outside St Paul’s and a Silent Scream was held at 6pm (above), meanwhile that evening, activists gained access to the building (belonging to investment bank UBS) and secured it, giving them a legal claim on the space which has been empty for several years. The ‘Bank of Ideas’ will open on Saturday 19 November with a series of events including talks from Palestinian activists, comedy from Josie Long and a session led by trader Alessio Rastani, plus rooms will be available to help people whose nurseries, community centres and youth clubs have been closed due to Government cuts. The new site is non-residential so leave your sleeping bags at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Was on a weekend away with my church out near Ascot in Berkshire this weekend. It's a really nice part of the world out there.

What did the rest of ye get up to?

Went for a walk around Kentish Town on Saturday evening. A few of us went for lunch followed by a trip to the cinema to see The Ides of March yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭greenexile

Hey, new to the forum...and London! Just wondering if there are any Irish clubs I can get involved with other than the GAA...nothing against it, just I'm not really good at sports!

greenexile wrote: »
    Hey, new to the forum...and London! Just wondering if there are any Irish clubs I can get involved with other than the GAA...nothing against it, just I'm not really good at sports!

Whereabouts do you live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭greenexile

I live in the Shoreditch area but spend most of my time up around Islington.

Advertisement