Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic/chat thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Stargal wrote: »
    OOH, ALSO! I have only just discovered the awesomeness of the Prince Charles cinema just off Leicester square. Sigh. I love it so.

Aaagh I love that cinema! I technically have a year's membership, but I haven't seen the card since I moved flat :( I want to go to one of their theme nights, I just haven't made it to one yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Rex Manning day, you say?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Fysh wrote: »
    A Yay/Boo Analysis (yes, it's a Thing, damnit) of today:

Boo:
    • It's 6:40something and I've already been awake for almost half an hour
    • I'm back to work today
    • It's not yet payday

Yay:
    • 4-day week
    • Tomorrow is payday
    • Shiny new toys are arriving this week
    • Pub quiz tomorrow
    • The weather is getting autumny and it'll soon be the time of year for shoofing through leaves in Hampstead Heath

On the whole I reckon the day and the week should be grand :)
    I also got paid today :D

But I thought I did yesterday :( It was such a kick in the balls to look up the internet banking and seeing 69P when you think you got paid..

Also Today dropped off the sister at Heathrow airport at 5am being the nice brother. Get a txt 10 mins later, 'ehhh I'm a bit early.... like 24 hours early' So had to pick her up before heading to work at 7am. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

Is it me or has London suddenly become quite cold!? I am freezing! ...that or my heart is slowly shutting down

Dr.Giggles wrote: »
    Is it me or has London suddenly become quite cold!? I am freezing! ...that or my heart is slowly shutting down

Autumn tends to arrive here with a bang alright (especially compared to Cork) \o/

See how you feel in a few months when you're at risk of frostbite in the middle of the London winter. Shiver...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Last winter was unreal, but I loved all the snow (except when it nearly prevented me coming home for Christmas)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Autumn tends to arrive here with a bang alright (especially compared to Cork) \o/

See how you feel in a few months when you're at risk of frostbite in the middle of the London winter. Shiver...

Do you think so , except for last year I find winters here very mild and I comes from Cork as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

The snow last year was fun, so much of it, not the slushy stuff you get at home..but yes, when it nearly stopped me going home..not cool..delays on trains in the freezing temp..not cool at all

Do you think so , except for last year I find winters here very mild and I comes from Cork as well

Maybe my tolerance for the cold is lower, but I'd definitely say winters here are frosty out in comparison to Cork. It's the wind-chill I reckon.

Maybe my tolerance for the cold is lower, but I'd definitely say winters here are frosty out in comparison to Cork. It's the wind-chill I reckon.

Wind Chill if you were working out in Tilbury I would grant you that, never seen a proper hoar frost like what be at home.

Then again I walks around in December in sandals and T shirt, and come out in Hives if stays above 30º C for more than 3 days in Summer

• Advertisement

I had to put my heating on last night, blanket for my ole knees and everything.I did discover a hole in the frame of my window. I am living the dream.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I had to put my heating on last night, blanket for my ole knees and everything.I did discover a hole in the frame of my window. I am living the dream.

Sounds like you may be living old mother hubbard's dream, which isn't ideal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

yea i def think its got colder!! it was boiling when i arrived here. here comes the winter.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Fishie wrote: »
    Aaagh I love that cinema! I technically have a year's membership, but I haven't seen the card since I moved flat :( I want to go to one of their theme nights, I just haven't made it to one yet!
    I was planning to rock up to the Big Lebowski Quote-Along last weekend but - predictably - it sold out in advance. Boo to other people having the same idea but yay to the fact that there's somewhere that actually *has* a Big Lebowski Quote-Along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

I'm really considering getting a little vespa or something, northen line rush hour is starting to get to me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Does your company do the bike to work?

I just got my own bike last week from it. It takes me the same time to cycle as it did with the bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭delta720

afatbollix wrote: »

I just got my own bike last week from it. It takes me the same time to cycle as it did with the bus!

Wait until you get knocked off, it will happen and it will hurt. Still the best way to get to work, but some drivers over here honestly try to bully ya off the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

afatbollix wrote: »

Its too far to cycle, I quit my job as a software developer a year ago to go to university for the first time up in Islington.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Happy Friday everyone! Any big plans for the weekend? I've to get a few last minute bits for my holiday but that's as exciting as it's going to be :)

Rugby starts again, so that is me happy

Shame first game is at the cess pit

• Advertisement

Got some visitors coming tonight, and also hoping to finish the Sopranos box set by Sunday..sweet!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

My weekend plans extend as far as going to the cinema tonight, then going for a cycle up to Hampstead Heath and a meal at the Czech restaurant called Czech Restaurant on West End Lane tomorrow. Sunday will be played by ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Would I be right in thinking that this thread is mainly aimed at women and womens stuff?

Would I be right in thinking that this thread is mainly aimed at women and womens stuff?

No, not really. What makes you think that?

Eh no! Boys can chat too...

Fysh wrote: »
    No, not really. What makes you think that?

I dunno, its just that a lot of ye seem to be doing stuff like cycling,going to the cinema,museums etc, whereas us men would be involved in more constructive things and pondering on weightier matters.

I dunno, its just that a lot of ye seem to be doing stuff like cycling,going to the cinema,museums etc, whereas us men would be involved in more constructive things and pondering on weightier matters.

Well this is the off-topic/chat thread so it's intended to be light-hearted in nature, and anyway what counts as a 'constructive thing' or a 'weightier matter' is subjective.

There are lots of lads in here :)

Yesterday my toes busted through one of my flimsy dolly shoes and I had to staple it back together. That made me feel very manly, It was followed by a strange urge to throw a sexy busty lady down and ravish her.

Yesterday my toes busted through one of my flimsy dolly shoes and I had to staple it back together. That made me feel very manly, It was followed by a strange urge to throw a sexy busty lady down and ravish her.

Good for you Dr, although I have those same urges most days.

• Advertisement

Hmmm. Sounds like you've got us confused with the Beer Guts & Receding Hairlines forum. I will admit to some interest in knowing more of the school of thought that views culture & history as some of the lighter and less brain-intensive subjects ;)

(That being said, applying the scientific method to the contents of my pants has verified that I am, at least at a chromosomal level, a man. What that says for either me in particular or the gender as a whole remains to be seen....)

Advertisement