Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic/chat thread

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

How are the suntans working out folks? :)

I have to admit I have been finding it funny seeing all these people flock to the parks in bikinis (women) and shirts off (men). Being a Galway girl and living by the sea the only time you ever did this was when you went to the seaside.. Juts find it funny considering there's no beach in sight. Odd little things, Im sure it's the same everywhere there isnt a beach, but still.

You're not the only one, I grew up by the sea and still find it kind of weird to see people sunbathing at the park. It just seems wrong somehow...
    London's parks are goregous though, without a doubt. Victoria Park last Saturday was packed but beautiful. Where'd ya all go?

Kilburn Grange for me over the weekend - great weather and there was a centenary festival on over the weekend with live music and food. A great day out was had by all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Regent's Park yesterday to the David O'Doherty open air gig. Was fantastic as was the weather of course. What a great venue that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

enda1 wrote: »
    Regent's Park yesterday to the David O'Doherty open air gig. Was fantastic as was the weather of course. What a great venue that is.

saw him in hever castle on thursday. probably the most spectacular comedy gig i was ever at. did he play the grand designs song yesterday??

saw him in hever castle on thursday. probably the most spectacular comedy gig i was ever at. did he play the grand designs song yesterday??

Yeah that was the highlight of the show! Fantastic piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Slightly singed

But yes, the parks are the best thing about London. I was down in Burgess Park, chilling with the Ecuadorians

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Last week I was sitting on a patch of grass during my lunch break, enjoying the sun, and the two girls sitting behind me took their tops off. Now maybe I'm just a massive prude but there's no way I'd sit in my bra in the middle of the City, sunshine or no sunshine!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Still pale and freckled, just slightly more freckles! Headed out to Southend with the OH at the weekend and had a lovely day out there.

Have been swimming in the lido on Hampstead Heath a bit too, but have started work now so not as easy to fit it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I really want to lido swim but reckon the one near me (London Fields) is jammers all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Where in London fields can one float in unless you mean the Canal??

frag420 wrote: »
    Where in London fields can one float in unless you mean the Canal??

The (heated) Lido

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

?

I wouldn't so far as to call it a suntan, but with the colour I am now, I'd be less inclined to get a 'you're looking very pale' comment from my mammy!

London Fields Lido is jammers all the time, my friends who live near there only ever go first thing in the morning, any other time and its just too busy.

i'm driving to dublin thursday and back saturday. anyone want some genuine monster munch??!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

i'm driving to dublin thursday and back saturday. anyone want some genuine monster munch??!!

I think you can get them here, but they sold the rights to the name so Mighty Munch is what you want to look for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I cycle past the Strata tower in El and Castle errrr day - does anyone know why the turbines never move? Are they just a ridiculous gimmick?

Fysh wrote: »
    I think you can get them here, but they sold the rights to the name so Mighty Munch is what you want to look for.

yeah but walkers dicked around with the flavours when they bought the name. the original stuff made by tayto is miles better.

must stop gazing out the window nostalgically!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I cycle past the Strata tower in El and Castle errrr day - does anyone know why the turbines never move? Are they just a ridiculous gimmick?

Check out the SE1 discussion forum for a long discussion on this from when it was opened. Undoubtedly a feature to promote acceptance of the planning scheme and some green washing. I've worked and/or lived in SE1 since 1996 and I still can't comprehend how they managed to sell Stata as a premium development. A poor location even within E&C, weird footplates for many of the flats, no outside space (communal or private) and features like the turbines which have the prospect of being costly (rather than generating power, they may simply have to be maintained).

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/65458/page=1

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/168930/page=1

yeah but walkers dicked around with the flavours when they bought the name. the original stuff made by tayto is miles better.

must stop gazing out the window nostalgically!!

I've seen the actual Mighty Munch stuff in at least a couple of shops here, but it may be the same as proper Tayto ie bloody hard to find :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Marcusm wrote: »
    Check out the SE1 discussion forum for a long discussion on this from when it was opened. Undoubtedly a feature to promote acceptance of the planning scheme and some green washing. I've worked and/or lived in SE1 since 1996 and I still can't comprehend how they managed to sell Stata as a premium development. A poor location even within E&C, weird footplates for many of the flats, no outside space (communal or private) and features like the turbines which have the prospect of being costly (rather than generating power, they may simply have to be maintained).

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/65458/page=1

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/168930/page=1

Thanks! What is it they're building next to it? What will they do with that horrible old estate opposite it? I'm just up the road in Camberwell now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I still can't comprehend how they managed to sell Stata as a premium development
    It's a fancy tower 15min by train from the city

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

weird footplates for many of the flats

Thats a residential building? I always thought it was an office block!

• Advertisement
Advertisement