Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

It'll be very interesting to see how the 'shareholders' react to Claire's admission on TV that they will all be on the hook for costs should the Case fail, and that this is something that they were all fully aware of before signing up.

Didn't seem that obvious to me when she told them at the meeting that if they were in before 14th October the fee was €200 but after that date once the Legal Team were engaged it was going to cost €500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Oh I completely agree that there is no company, as confirmed by the CRO, but then there were two people paraded out of the Four Courts (I presume), with what was said to be a summons or some sort of initiating document.

Who are they? If there is no company, was the action taken in their own names, or by a partnership, or a Business name, or a non-existent legal entity.

If an action has been initiated - costs are going to start mounting up, who's on the hook for those, and who's going to pay them?

According to Claire - last night - she has told all the "Shareholders", and they all understand, that the costs are their responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭jd

Looks like the Rodolphus "Trust" here

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/receiver-unable-to-take-over-premises-court-told-29698984.html
    In proceedings against the pub owner, John Murphy and his wife Teresa, the bank and Mr Tennant claim the receiver is being prevented from taking possession by the Murphys, and that the public house has been leased to a purported trust.

ACC and Mr Tennant, who say the lease agreement is not valid, are seeking orders from the court including injunction requiring the Murphys to hand over possession to the receiver.

jd wrote: »

But if the Place has been leased, I would have thought Mr. Tennant had a contractual right to possession. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It'll be very interesting to see how the 'shareholders' react to Claire's admission on TV that they will all be on the hook for costs should the Case fail, and that this is something that they were all fully aware of before signing up.

Didn't seem that obvious to me when she told them at the meeting that if they were in before 14th October the fee was €200 but after that date once the Legal Team were engaged it was going to cost €500.
    She tells them that separate legal personality will save them when they're going in, not so much when they're on the way out.

On Ben news, DDI is imploding around him. The Examiner says today that their Constitution names his as one of five permanent, named council members who can veto anything and pay themselves. Can't be all that bad because he's apparently tipping around in a current model 5-series. Naturally, DDI have decried the Primetime programme and fall back on the "we're only trying to help" line.

Top job by Primetime, they really managed to comprehensively skewer the trifecta of pseudo-lawyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ooter

Prime Time Report on Freemen starts about 14.43 in..
    Seems to be skipping the entire 2nd half of the show,have rte taken it off the player?:confused:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Yeah, it looks like it's been pulled. RTÉ afraid of their own shadow again.

Yeah, it looks like it's been pulled. RTÉ afraid of their own shadow again.

Why would they do that?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I was going to tweet them but I can't do it without defaming someone so can someone else ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

ooter wrote: »
    Seems to be skipping the entire 2nd half of the show,have rte taken it off the player?:confused:

AFAIK, Primetime is never put up on RTE player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    The entire broadcast was there, I just finished watching it (started streaming it earlier but got distracted so I had the pre-edit version loaded) - I just refreshed the page and it is now a 15 minute clip, presumably just the item on the Roma children is there.

Yes it is,I watch it on it all the time. The last 10 episodes of it are up on the player at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭jd

It'll be back again in an hour or so - I was told it's just a tech issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,907 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

If it was the whole ep that was gone I might buy technical difficulties but neatly edited like this?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

jd wrote: »
    It'll be back again in an hour or so - I was told it's just a tech issue.

It seems to be edited whereby it goes straight from Kathy Simmott to "that's all for tonight" and then credits. It would be some rather bizzare technical issue to cause this exact piece of the show to be edited out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

ooter wrote: »
    Yes it is,I watch it on it all the time. The last 10 episodes of it are up on the player at the moment.

Are you watching it via your computer or TV?

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Tomfoolery.

Are you watching it via your computer or TV?

PC/laptop.the UPC version of the rte player is not great at all.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Still not there...

It's so funny to me, after I told those DO folks to distance themselves from Ben poste haste - publicly, or they'd be lumped together in the media... it's so funny after that, that this happens....

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Just posted this on the Debt Options Facebook page:

"It's funny that, after I last posted here and was confronted by DO people, because - they claimed - Claire had ditched Ben - it's funny that I told them all, "if you don't want to be lumped in with Ben and the Freeman, Claire needs to publicly denounce Ben and apologise for promoting him in the media - OR - the media, and maybe even the Guards, will lump them together"...

That suggestion - and it was genuine - was met with derision...

And now, disaster.

It's not to late for Claire to make sure - if she's sincere - that everyone knows that Ben is not her, "legal adviser," "best friend" and "mentor" as she claimed."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭nompere

mrs vimes wrote: »
    I'm getting so much amusement from this thread - keep checking back here every day to see the latest insanity.

Here's one that strongly smells of the same bs - pmpv.net. Even the website looks the part, and when you click on a worked example the numbers are as insane as anything - I haven't done the sums but I think €170 per week for 50 years would more than pay off a 300k mortgage at 5%, although it's possible that the property price inflation will only happen to their disciples... not to mention their vagueness as to who will invest in their "bonds". Underpants gnomes again methinks.

€170 per week is equivalent to €8,840 pa, which is rather less than the interest on €300,000 at 5%. The interest is €15,000 in year 1, so compounding annually, after 50 years the amount outstanding is in the region of €1.6 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

Thanks nompere, my brain calculator was clearly switched off last night :-)

Still doesn't answer where they are going to raise the bonds to buy out the mortgages, and if you believe property prices will inflate at 5% pa for each of the next 50 years why not just pay the 170 off the mortgage and let general inflation do its bit to reduce the debt, you could even increase your payments in line with inflation and maybe even actually pay it off over time!

The fundamental problem with any of these schemes is that they are trying to be too clever and over-complicate things to try and convince their victims that they will get one over on the banks. The people who are actually getting one over on the banks are the ones who have a mortgage interest rate below inflation at a rate the banks can't access - but that's not clever enough for these conmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭joela

Has anyone else seen this? Rodolphus Allen Trust - for Dummies https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rodolphus-Allen-Trust-for-Dummies/589241181123474

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

...Went to watch Prime Time on RTE player...second half of the show is missing:confused:

Working again now, just watching :-)

• Advertisement

Surprisingly good programme on the issue, feel like RTE got a lot more information than they actually revealed so who knows what could come out yet! Debtoptions Facebook page not a happy place today. I also have to say I feel dreadfully sorry for those people hoodwinked by Gilroy, Allen, Debtoptions and any other of these hocus pocus groups. I can't find the supposedly business/company name on the CRO either despite claims by an individual that it was lodged on the 22nd of October 2013.

Advertisement