Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

Love this post by Debt Options on Facebook:
    Please keep all correspondence today with RTE legal, lawful and respectful. No abuse of language. Stay clear and honest and to the point. No accusations. Dont stoop to that legal please. We are better then that!

Jesus if only they actually followed that request!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

joela wrote: »
    Surprisingly good programme on the issue, feel like RTE got a lot more information than they actually revealed so who knows what could come out yet! Debtoptions Facebook page not a happy place today. I also have to say I feel dreadfully sorry for those people hoodwinked by Gilroy, Allen, Debtoptions and any other of these hocus pocus groups. I can't find the supposedly business/company name on the CRO either despite claims by an individual that it was lodged on the 22nd of October 2013.

Conmen are all the same... they'd lie to you about stabbing you in the chest WHILE stabbing you in the chest. If they can't lie successfully they are crap conmen.

Once you understand that they are willing to just lie to your face, then it all becomes clear. These guys are crooks. Simple.

Working again now, just watching :-)

Also just watched it.

The ONLY bad thing was that the background to all of this is a bit pithy.

There's endless evidence of people in the US pulling the exact same scams, and ruining people's lives, that is easy to get a hold of... and why not go to the trouble of interviewing either a US or Canadian (or even English) cop, who has a LOT of experience dealing with these guys - as crooks...?

All the "who knows if it will work" lark is a great disservice to the thousands that have already had their lives ruined in multiple countries by these sorts of scams.

Call a fish a fish and do your part to protect people... don't EVER pretend these SCAMS are potentially going to work or some of the blame will fall onto your heads when these people loose everything.

Anything other than, "these guys are crooks - this is an old scam that's hurt many people in multiple countries" is making RTE, at least a bit, complicit. IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

What's the scam with Debt Options?...As far as I could gather, they all chipped in to take a case to the High Court.

What's the scam with Debt Options?...As far as I could gather, they all chipped in to take a case to the High Court.

They're taking hundreds and hundreds from scared and freaked out people, promising a nonsense strategy can save them, and then leaving them to pick up the pieces once the scam unravels.

Common scam.

Google the Dorean Group and you'll get it.

• Advertisement

Sure, it's no different than those folks who charge thousands to give you secret cancer cures, which do nothing.

Though that's a better scam really, as the dead rarely sue.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭joela

Sure, the right-wing conspir-o-sphere is FULL of this crap.

Seriously, spend any time on CT forums and you'll be swamped with this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭joela

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Sure, the right-wing conspir-o-sphere is FULL of this crap.

Seriously, spend any time on CT forums and you'll be swamped with this crap.

I don't think I could bear to spend any time on CT forums simply because I'd probably have a stroke!

I don't think I could bear to spend any time on CT forums simply because I'd probably have a stroke!

That's probably true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kathy2

Interesting probably have a better chance if asked for 200 yen.

The jokes on us all buyers are from abroad snapping up bargains.

If you don't see anything wrong with this picture you will when your children asked you how the country was sold out for a pittance. Why they are slaves and why you helped the looters.
    :)

Who will be there to help you??
    I see that Allsop will be having a round of auctions next week in the RDS. This should be interesting because their website tells us...

"In order to gain access to this event we require you to register your details and to pay a refundable deposit of €200. Please note there will be a non-refundable administration charge of €15 which will be deducted from your deposit.

Upon completion of your registration you will be sent a confirmation email which will serve as your receipt. Please ensure that you arrive at the venue at least 30 minutes before bidding is due to start on your preferred lot.

Please note that in addition to pre-registration we require you to present a copy of your passport/ driving license and proof of address upon arrival at the venue.

Please note that each person attending will be required to complete the registration process and pay a deposit.

The lads may have to dip into their trust fund to be able to go to this :)

kathy2 wrote: »
    Interesting probably have a better chance if asked for 200 yen.

The jokes on us all buyers are from abroad snapping up bargains.

If you don't see anything wrong with this picture you will when your children asked you how the country was sold out for a pittance. Why they are slaves and why you helped the looters.
    :)

Who will be there to help you??

You just made me realise how much I miss Ðerry and his mad ramblings.

Not saying your ramblings are mad but your rhetoric is pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

You just made me realise how much I miss Ðerry and his mad ramblings.

Not saying your ramblings are mad but your rhetoric is pretty funny.

Careful or he set the 1926 King George Leinster House Constitutional Government on you....

You think its a scam??

Cool

based on what exactly or did you pull that thought out of your arse??

Time to learn Chinese!!!
    I will where possible :)

I always screenshot these sites (as they tend to be taken down when these idiots finally cop on that people are scrutinising them) and it's usually just easier to paste like this, but I can post the text when possible...

You think its a scam??

Cool

based on what exactly or did you pull that thought out of your arse??

Time to learn Chinese!!!

Based on a deep understanding of these conmen.

Do you know anything about the decades long history of the Sovereign Citizens/Freemen using "trusts" to scam money?

I do.

Do you realise that NONE of the freeman nonsense has EVER succeeded in a court, but has instead hurt many many people in multiple countries?

I do.

I could go on and on, but c'mere, until you can provide proof that this trust idea, which is exactly same as other scams run worldwide, isn't a scam, and that this disbarred solicitor, who Claire refused to even name, is providing good legal advice, well... maybe you should be checking your own arse.

Telling desperate people that a "trust" which costs hundreds to buy into, and which has ZERO chance of succeeding, and which is controlled by an anonymous group with no transparency, and advised by a disgraced solicitor, telling them that that is worth their money, is a scam.

Deleting all the comments from your website connecting you to Ben Gilroy, even though your still pushing his ludicrous ideology, is wildly suspicious.

Pretending that robbing desperate people is somehow an attack on banks is - if you believe it - self-delusional.

Sure it's easy enough to discover just however clued up kathy2 is:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78198394

What??

What trust??

A deep understanding eh??

Cool you talked a load of drivel not one substantiated fact just mad generalizations.

Maybe its your belief system that is the problem??

There is no point in giving out about con-men when you can't stick to the subject and go of on wild rants off topic, were you asleep at the wheel and got conned?? Do you know someone who was???

Or are you talking about some mythical un-named victims??:D

The great unwashed stupid people that could be conned but are not complaining them is it??
    Based on a deep understanding of these conmen.

Do you know anything about the decades long history of the Sovereign Citizens/Freemen using "trusts" to scam money?

I do.

Do you realise that NONE of the freeman nonsense has EVER succeeded in a court, but has instead hurt many many people in multiple countries?

I do.

I could go on and on, but c'mere, until you can provide proof that this trust idea, which is exactly same as other scams run worldwide, isn't a scam, and that this disbarred solicitor, who Claire refused to even name, is providing good legal advice, well... maybe you should be checking your own arse.

Telling desperate people that a "trust" which costs hundreds to buy into, and which has ZERO chance of succeeding, and which is controlled by an anonymous group with no transparency, and advised by a disgraced solicitor, telling them that that is worth their money, is a scam.

Deleting all the comments from your website connecting you to Ben Gilroy, even though your still pushing his ludicrous ideology, is wildly suspicious.

Pretending that robbing desperate people is somehow an attack on banks is - if you believe it - self-delusional.

LOL

Brilliant

if you go back a bit further you might find me looking for car parts or someone to tell me how to fix the garage door a major conspiracy.

On a board people can only judge you by what you do and what you say.

Megga fail dude!!

LOL

Brilliant

if you go back a bit further you might find me looking for car parts or someone to tell me how to fix the garage door a major conspiracy.

On a board people can only judge you by what you do and what you say.

Megga fail dude!!

Showing you are interested in these scams is extremely relevant. Showin you've no idea if they'll work is also relevant.

What??

What trust??

Cool you talked a load of drivel not one substantiated fact just mad generalizations.

There is no point in giving out about con-men when you can't stick to the subject and go of on wild rants off topic, were you asleep at the wheel and got conned?? Do you know someone who was???

The great unwashed stupid people that could be conned but are not complaining them is it??

Right. So you don't know the basic facts. That explains a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What??

What trust??

What on earth are you on about?

I'd note that a few threads of P.ie were recently flooded with Freemen and their supporters. Now we see this.

Seems like these crooks won't give up quietly. Kinda like a virtual version of the stud farm invasion. :/

Yes indeed

What any of us knew at the beginning of the crisis way back in 2008 when some one asked me that question and what we know now is so very different.

They are doing great your concern and love is so touching they still have all their properties and are still winning unlike the losers who rolled over.

But you have engaged in all this drivel and personal attacks and have yet to answer a my original question.

Maybe your naked??? OHHH the emperor has no clothes!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

What??

What trust??

Banners Brokers was proven to be a con, for years Bernie Madoff had no victims, we all know where that ended. If someone tells me that they have a way to defeat the claim of a lender, but will not tell me the argument behind that claim, if someone tells me that they can end my money worries for a very cheap price of €200.00, and they are backed by lawyers but cant tell me the lawyers names. If someone who tells me they can do all that, but then resorts not to the courts but to violence, then I know its a con. If any of these people believed in their claim, why have they evaded a High Court Order to appear before the High Court.

I have studied these freemen I know some of them, and I can tell you if it looks like a con, if it smells like a con and if it acts like a con then as sure as the sun will set tonight and rise tomorrow it is a con. I have studied law and practised law for a total of 20 years, and I can assure you none of the freeman stuff stands up to any scrutiny.

What??

What trust??

If anyone was "winning" we'd all be hearing about it... we wouldn't haven't to hear it second hand, with no details, on Boards.

If you'd like multiple examples of Freemen scamming people, I can happily provide that.

Yes indeed

What any of us knew at the beginning of the crisis way back in 2008 when some one asked me that question and what we know now is so very different.

They are doing great your concern and love is so touching they still have all their properties and are still winning unlike the losers who rolled over.

But you have engaged in all this drivel and personal attacks and have yet to answer a my original question.

Maybe your naked??? OHHH the emperor has no clothes!! :D

The common feature in everything you read from freemen is hyperbole and nonsense and off the point attempts at put downs. At least youve nailed that bit.

Come back when someone actually gets somewhere with this garbage. Cos to date, noone has.

Ah

So its this trust you are talking about. Nothing to do with me know nothing about it, it was however mentioned at a conference recently and a barrister mentioned trusts, I cant be sure it was the same one he was referring to but he said it was holding up possessions of homes so on the basis of what he said maybe a good thing for some. Give them time to educate themselves and find solutions.

About the Freeman scams and other gross generalizations you are making and this and that never works, I can assure you education works, hard work works, research works. Walking in like a lamb to the slaughter without a basic understanding of the court rules is suicide. Given how the world has gone what a lot of groups are doing now is encouraging people to know and understand the system that is failing them.

Saying they are wrong because some guy in brazil who was a freeman on the internet sold fake cancer potions is really neither here nor there.

Great fire power is derived by knockers of that trust, many quote the stud farm but the numbers are horrific, the banks in question no longer exist, the receivers fee is more than the value of the property. The farmer and his young family are tormented and a viable business that employed 20 people as been ruined at the tax payers expense.

You couldn't make it up, friendly fire shoots Irish family

Suppose some Asian investor buys it at a knock down price at Alstops, and Alstops pay themselves the legals and some of the receiver costs, who is the winner? The Banks no because they don't exist, the taxpayer no because they are funding the courts and most of the process. The future generations definitely not.
    The farmer, his family, his employees or his community not a hope for them. Some random punter on boards not a chance!!

What's all this about then?

If you think the country is better off by 20% of homes and 55% of commercial property being sold for small cash amounts for banks that have left or are leaving you need to start thinking.

The taxpayer loses on every single repossession pays the balance and gives tax relief on the loss.

If your solution is to cheerlead for the sell out and spout nonsense go right ahead knock yourself out.:D

Ah

So its this trust you are talking about. Nothing to do with me know nothing about it, it was however mentioned at a conference recently and a barrister mentioned trusts, I cant be sure it was the same one he was referring to but he said it was holding up possessions of homes so on the basis of what he said maybe a good thing for some. Give them time to educate themselves and find solutions.
    Agreed. Educate in terms of real solutions, not something that wont help.
    About the Freeman scams and other gross generalizations you are making and this and that never works, I can assure you education works, hard work works, research works. Walking in like a lamb to the slaughter without a basic understanding of the court rules is suicide. Given how the world has gone what a lot of groups are doing now is encouraging people to know and understand the system that is failing them.
    For the love of god, stop using so many clichés. The system is flawed. Freeman bolloxolgy is not the answer.
    Saying they are wrong because some guy in brazil who was a freeman on the internet sold fake cancer potions is really neither here nor there.
    People here are talking more local scammers. We dont need to import them from Brazil.
    Great fire power is derived by knockers of that trust, many quote the stud farm but the numbers are horrific, the banks in question no longer exist, the receivers fee is more than the value of the property. The farmer and his young family are tormented and a viable business that employed 20 people as been ruined at the tax payers expense.
    And how is a fake trust or mob rule going to cure a countrywide, nay, worldwide, problem?
    Oh god the clichés again.
    Suppose some Asian investor buys it at a knock down price at Alstops, and Alstops pay themselves the legals and some of the receiver costs, who is the winner? The Banks no because they don't exist, the taxpayer no because they are funding the courts and most of the process. The future generations definitely not.
    The farmer, his family, his employees or his community not a hope for them. Some random punter on boards not a chance!!
    Great, so everyone gets to keep stuff they haven't paid for. Brilliant idea! I can see that working out so well!

If you think the country is better off by 20% of homes and 55% of commercial property being sold for small cash amounts for banks that have left or are leaving you need to start thinking.
    The property bubble was the problem. Got a time machine to fix that?

If your solution is to cheerlead for the sell out and spout nonsense go right ahead knock yourself out.:D
    I thought that was you. Silly me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Ah

What's all this about then?

The taxpayer loses on every single repossession pays the balance and gives tax relief on the loss.

A properly set up trust, before the property became encumbered may indeed save a property. But any lawyer advising a person on such a case, would clearly set out the relevant law, and cases to support the case.

Freeman arguments are not education and not empowering they are the exact opposite. Many good people with possible good cases are been hodwinked by freemen. Of course any person attempting to sort out their financial mess, should try to educate themselves, should try and get good legal advice and make every effort to avoid getting deeper into trouble.

If people bought property that they can not now pay for, why should they be able to hang onto it? Many people lost their homes during the so called celtic tiger years, I don't remember any mass support for those people. I dont see any support for people who cant pay their rent from DDI etc.

I dont think the country is better off in a firesale, i dont like the idea of people leaving their family home due to debt. Neither do I think its fair that people think they have a right to live in a house they paid way too much for, dont want to pay the bank, while I who did not buy during the madness have to pay my rent.

Advertisement