Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Could the gardai arrest the protesters for trespassing with intent to cause fear or alarm? Might be easier than getting bench warrants for a changeable crowd.

One of the problems the gardai and the legal system now have - almost purely of their own doing sadly - is that they've left it so long, and there's now hundreds, if not thousands of people in this country that think that the Freeman nonsense is true, and that poor Ben Gilroy is basically a persecuted freedom fighter.

In other words, the "establishment" has lost the "mesaage" war to the con men and the cult they've created.

This makes it endlessly harder to deal with the situation.

We can all see now, especially sense Allen and Co have gotten hundreds of people to join their bogus trust, we can see how easy it is for them to put numbers on the ground.

That's scary stuff.

Putting a few of these guys in jail just makes martyrs out of them.

There needs to be a unified approach to dealing with this stuff, and one thing that should be considered is something like in the US, where all of these groups are considered criminal.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    One of the problems the gardai and the legal system now have - almost purely of their own doing sadly - is that they've left it so long, and there's now hundreds, if not thousands of people in this country that think that the Freeman nonsense is true, and that poor Ben Gilroy is basically a persecuted freedom fighter.

In other words, the "establishment" has lost the "mesaage" war to the con men and the cult they've created.

This makes it endlessly harder to deal with the situation.

We can all see now, especially sense Allen and Co have gotten hundreds of people to join their bogus trust, we can see how easy it is for them to put numbers on the ground.

That's scary stuff.

Putting a few of these guys in jail just makes martyrs out of them.

There needs to be a unified approach to dealing with this stuff, and one thing that should be considered is something like in the US, where all of these groups are considered criminal.

Criminalising a group or organisation is a serious business. The Americans have thousands on the CIA database, ireland doesn't even list Al-Quaeda. They are entitled to join whatever group they want and talk about whatever they want, so long as they don't actually commit, assist or participate in a criminal offence.

But I don't think that very many of them actually believe it. They make a stink, back off and do it again. They know they are just rent a crowd and are successful at that. Maybe the trust and the 24/7 blockade are going too far though.

Criminalising a group or organisation is a serious business. The Americans have thousands on the CIA database, ireland doesn't even list Al-Quaeda. They are entitled to join whatever group they want and talk about whatever they want, so long as they don't actually commit, assist or participate in a criminal offence.

But I don't think that very many of them actually believe it. They make a stink, back off and do it again. They know they are just rent a crowd and are successful at that. Maybe the trust and the 24/7 blockade are going too far though.

It IS a serious business, you are correct!

But the point here is that this "organisation" has one purpose, and it's criminal.

I'm all for freedom, but sometimes it's illusory. We don't expect to have the freedom to join rape gangs or racist gangs whose only goal is violence?

There's no difference here, really. These guys are either scamming the government and their fellow citizens, or their being scammed. As long as the government tacitly accepts them as legitimate they'll be able to continue hurting others.

Remember, this group, in the US, has been involved in a LOT of violence.

We can WAIT until it happens here or be proactive?

We've seen now a massive gang of these guys assault people, and we've seen multiple verbal threats and attacks. At some point, mark my words, what's happened so many times before, in the US, will happen here... and then everyone will wonder how we didn't see it coming, etc.

We ARE seeing it coming, but people would rather pretend it's just harmless loonies, who can only hurt idiots, so they themselves are safe, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Some additional googling led me to this call to arms by the AEI crowd:

I think these guys are a different shade of anti-eviction protester.

They don't seem to have any bizarre interpretations of the law, rather they just disagree with it from an ideological point of view.

They may still hassle the sheriff and end up arrested for trespass, but I don't they are delusional enough to think they are protected by Brehon Law.

hardCopy wrote: »
    I think these guys are a different shade of anti-eviction protester.

They don't seem to have any bizarre interpretations of the law, rather they just disagree with it from an ideological point of view.

They may still hassle the sheriff and end up arrested for trespass, but I don't they are delusional enough to think they are protected by Brehon Law.

In my experience, if Ben Gilroy is involved, there's always Freemen.

I'd agree that it's not a mob of Freemen, but that's not really the point.

A mob - almost by definition - is easily led. Where this sort if thing gets dangerous, is the nexus of conmen and unstable people.

The more angry nuts there are coalescing around conmen, the greater the chance for real violence.

And sure look, we can just sit back and wait for hundreds of people to get scammed, or a judge/cop to be murdered.

I'd prefer that NOT to happen, but... Most of the time people don't care about these sorts of dangers until after a tragedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

In my experience, if Ben Gilroy is involved, there's always Freemen.

I'd agree that it's not a mob of Freemen, but that's not really the point.

A mob - almost by definition - is easily led. Where this sort if thing gets dangerous, is the nexus of conmen and unstable people.

The more angry nuts there are coalescing around conmen, the greater the chance for real violence.

And sure look, we can just sit back and wait for hundreds of people to get scammed, or a judge/cop to be murdered.

I'd prefer that NOT to happen, but... Most of the time people don't care about these sorts of dangers until after a tragedy.

I don't think Gilroy or Allen are involved in this Cork incident though. These guys are at least calling on people to lobby their TDs for a ban on repossessions. While I don't personally agree with their politics, they don't appear to be under any illusions about what they are doing.

The tone of their notice does sound fairly sinister though, a bit like the crowd we saw intimidating the Sheriff in Dundalk last year.

hardCopy wrote: »
    I don't think Gilroy or Allen are involved in this Cork incident though. These guys are at least calling on people to lobby their TDs for a ban on repossessions. While I don't personally agree with their politics, they don't appear to be under any illusions about what they are doing.

The tone of their notice does sound fairly sinister though, a bit like the crowd we saw intimidating the Sheriff in Dundalk last year.

Sorry, we might be talking about different things, which is probably my fault.

I was talking about this:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/angry-scenes-at-farm-centre-of-repossession-proceedings-29542185.html

Sorry if I've caused confusion!

EDIT: To be clear however, the AEI crowd is pushing the stud farm thing: https://www.facebook.com/AntiEvictionTaskforce

And there's plenty of blurring of the lines between AEI and Gilroy:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-224936.html

Here's AET pushing Gilroy:

https://www.facebook.com/AntiEvictionTaskforce/posts/549769328389975
    https://www.facebook.com/AntiEvictionTaskforce/posts/504201682946740
    https://www.facebook.com/AntiEvictionTaskforce/posts/483068528393389
    https://www.facebook.com/AntiEvictionTaskforce/posts/483058181727757

And AET is pushing TNS Radio (Freeman radio).

And then there's stuff like this:

http://wethepeopleireland.ning.com/video/the-dundalk-anti-eviction-ireland

And this:
    "EVICTION ALERT
    need people back to the O'Sullivan home in kanturk.
    A Garda inspector broke his oath to uphold the constitution by breaking into the home of this peaceful family.
    He has left now but we fear he will be back with the sheriff.
    45 ashdale,
    Dun an oir
    Kanturk
    Cork.
    Please spread this message."

https://www.facebook.com/AntiEvictionTaskforce/posts/646935392006701

So I'm gonna go ahead and say this is just another arm of the same octopus of BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fred Cohen

Not sure if this is the thread for it but according to the Sunday World, they managed to stop the sale of one house in this estate http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/eager-buyers-queue-for-30-000-houses-1.1542414.

The reasoning being the estate was "repossessed" from the developer and he had signed it over to the Charlie Allen trust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

Fred Cohen wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the thread for it but according to the Sunday World, they managed to stop the sale of one house in this estate http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/eager-buyers-queue-for-30-000-houses-1.1542414.

The reasoning being the estate was "repossessed" from the developer and he had signed it over to the Charlie Allen trust.

Did the auctioner/estate agent refuse to sell or did a mob force their way in?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fred Cohen

Did the auctioner/estate agent refuse to sell or did a mob force their way in?
    Sorry, this is the Sunday World we're talking about, didn't go in to too much detail. However I'd hazard a guess that there wasn't too much blinding rhetoric or insightful quoting of precedent involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

Fred Cohen wrote: »
    Sorry, this is the Sunday World we're talking about, didn't go in to too much detail. However I'd hazard a guess that there wasn't too much blinding rhetoric or insightful quoting of precedent involved.

Quoting Brehon law & ancient druidic teachings are the order of the day with that law.

Feel a bit sorry for the Sunday World. Old bearded balding men (it seems to be the main demographic of those protests) are not that sexy compared to gangland and boobs (the nice bouncy kind).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Quoting Brehon law & ancient druidic teachings are the order of the day with that law.

Feel a bit sorry for the Sunday World. Old bearded balding men (it seems to be the main demographic of those protests) are not that sexy compared to gangland and boobs (the nice bouncy kind).
    Now if John Gilligan was to declare his prison cell to be it's own independent state...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

ciaran76 wrote: »
    1. Was he in the studio? If so why wasn't he arrested?
    2. It always strikes me how he sounds so reasonable in mainstream media interviews and yet, and yet the freemen mumbojumbo that pours out of him in videos on youtube!
    3. He was a "bodyguard in the 80's"???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Given that this thread has gone onto something of a quasi anti eviction/freeeman/DDI line I said I'd throw this one in here.

http://directdemocracyireland.ie/reason-behind-seand-appeal-court-referendums-eu-take/

http://directdemocracyireland.ie/vote-appeal-court-stop-banks-fast-tracking-repossessions/

Even by their going this one beggars belief. What's scarier is that some people are actually taking it in as gospel :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Given that this thread has gone onto something of a quasi anti eviction/freeeman/DDI line I said I'd throw this one in here.

http://directdemocracyireland.ie/reason-behind-seand-appeal-court-referendums-eu-take/

http://directdemocracyireland.ie/vote-appeal-court-stop-banks-fast-tracking-repossessions/

Even by their going this one beggars belief. What's scarier is that some people are actually taking it in as gospel :rolleyes:
    The mask slips with the capitalising of "BAR".

Also, their support of the Master's proposals hasn't been thought through insofar as it would guilotine the **** out of any defective Supreme Court appeals brought by lay litigants.

moyners wrote: »
    1. Was he in the studio? If so why wasn't he arrested?
    2. It always strikes me how he sounds so reasonable in mainstream media interviews and yet, and yet the freemen mumbojumbo that pours out of him in videos on youtube!
    3. He was a "bodyguard in the 80's"???

1. Still trying to get to the bottom of this.
    2. He's a conman. That ability to lie makes him a successful one.
    3. Who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

From the Kathy Sinnott letter linked to in #1576:

"Additionally one of the changes wrought by the proposed Seanad referendum is to eliminate our right to vote on EU treaties. This is another proposed change that would please the EU institutions which have little patience with us and find Irish referenda dangerous."

They're all out to get us, apparently!

From a recent email from the common law society

SVZ59yZ.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

who's that email to/from?

• Advertisement

Plus, the added bonus of two new chapter of the Common Law Society book have been "published":

www.irishlifeandme.com/chapters/ILAM-Chapter2.pdf

www.irishlifeandme.com/chapters/ILAM-Chapter3.pdf

Jazes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

returnNull wrote: »
    who's that email to/from?

It's from the Common Law Society, to their entire email list.

Sounds like it is an email to a firm of solicitors.

Yes. The original is from a Freeman named Aidan, who owns Anseo in Dublin (as you can see) to AIB.

It's being promoted by the CLS.

As it appears in my mail:

V6n1JJV.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Yes. The original is from a Freeman named Aidan, who owns Anseo in Dublin (as you can see) to AIB.

I presume thats the pub Anseo?Lol fukking nutter.Love the references to lizards:pac:

returnNull wrote: »
    I presume thats the pub Anseo?Lol fukking nutter.Love the references to lizards:pac:

It is that pub.

And yes, reptilians. Of course.

Former investment banker turned comedy MC? From his promotional Facebook he seems to make a habit of writing these letters.

The nexus of nuttiness from his FB is something to behold.

I note one of his letters is liked by another self publicist in Aisling "Parading around Stephens Green in my scants because the NWO put fluoride in our water" Fitzgibbon and her erstwhile career as an "alternative" "health" "practitioner" and sure enough our comedian thinks that fluoride is put in the water to lower IQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

I don't think it is owned by him, Anseo is owned by a guy named Eddie (or at least it was last Christmas!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

jd wrote: »
    I don't think it is owned by him, Anseo is owned by a guy named Eddie (or at least it was last Christmas!)

Eddie aka Aidan of the anseo tm.

Advertisement