Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I'm sure it's possible to post without defaming any of these "characters" the truth about them is quite damning enough without making anything up....

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 trueblueterry

It appears the Hub spent too much on the Christmas party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

It appears the Hub spent too much on the Christmas party.

Care to expand?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

my friend wrote: »
    Care to expand?

they have their hat out for donations ... and at pains to explain away the expenditure.

As goes the saying .. 'when your explaining you're loosing'

it seems they have finally admitted a defeat .. however; they are going all the way to europe with this one. That should be an expensive ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭GavMan

Why do they keep calling their app, "app's"?

Bizzare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,072 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Ben has been kept busy close to home in the last few days. Last week receivers for BOI attempted to gain entry to Mcelhinnys, the towns well known bridal fashion retailer. As usual a mob of people came to the rescue of the persecuted shop and stand offs ensued, with assaults and accusations of mob rule to the fore.

Interestingly, today's IT notes that a Dr. Michael Grimes claims to own and operate the store. Grimes is the owner of the infamous Kells Transport Museum which made the news a few years ago after an arson attack. He has a history of launching vexatious legal proceedings with CIE and Cork Airport and has also been convicted of offences relating to the running of brothels in Cork in the past.
    In short, he's a thoroughly nice chap!

Ben has been kept busy close to home in the last few days. Last week receivers for BOI attempted to gain entry to Mcelhinnys, the towns well known bridal fashion retailer. As usual a mob of people came to the rescue of the persecuted shop and stand offs ensued, with assaults and accusations of mob rule to the fore.

Interestingly, today's IT notes that a Dr. Michael Grimes claims to own and operate the store. Grimes is the owner of the infamous Kells Transport Museum which made the news a few years ago after an arson attack. He has a history of launching vexatious legal proceedings with CIE and Cork Airport and has also been convicted of offences relating to the running of brothels in Cork in the past.
    In short, he's a thoroughly nice chap!

ben seems to always be to front in defending really nice guys

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

whippet wrote: »
    they have their hat out for donations ... and at pains to explain away the expenditure.

As goes the saying .. 'when your explaining you're loosing'

it seems they have finally admitted a defeat .. however; they are going all the way to europe with this one. That should be an expensive ride.
    They've also been spending the money on Sponsored Posts with Facebook. One of them popped up in my feed.

So in addition to the lavish slap up meals, their donors are now contributing to the marketing budget. They've gone corporate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,072 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Robbo wrote: »
    They've also been spending the money on Sponsored Posts with Facebook. One of them popped up in my feed.

So in addition to the lavish slap up meals, their donors are now contributing to the marketing budget. They've gone corporate.

Can't wait for their tent at the Galway Races!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

LLI have given up pretending that they're anything other than a moneymaking enterprise in this Facebook post where they talk about moving to their new offices. What was often described here as the commercial arm of the Hub has gone corporate as well.

The offices were available for €575 per month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

A bit snippy here. Name removed by me.

Screenshot_3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,907 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"Ill explain in person" reads like "Ill break your jaw"...

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

A few of the mob didn't quite make it and ended up looking for McIlhennys in ATHY, Co Kildare, instead of ATHBOY Co Meath according to a comment on The Meath Chronicle Facebook page reporting the occupation. Are these guys on standby as some kind of Flying Column to storm into action for these sort of incidents?

My money is on the Hub being behind the recent DDOS attacks on boards.ie.....

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

GavMan wrote: »
    My money is on the Hub being behind the recent DDOS attacks on boards.ie.....

Can't disagree as to badness but I doubt they'd be able to DDOS anything more complicated than a bordello....

Apparently Ben was back in Court in relation to his own mortgage yesterday. Alleging that he was going to expose false instruments, no progress report has been posted.

Ray Hall was also in the High Court in relation to his own mortgage (that he's previously claimed he settled using a promissory note he made himself and the "Official Offer" method) on Monday. Judgment is to be delivered on February 15th and I'm not sure that Ray will be so complementary of the judge if it goes against him.

Today's the day that President Billy McGuire turns the Sovereign Seal. There's some live commentary on Twitter. Turns out that if you send one registered letter to Michael D informing him that his position is illegitimate, it has be force of *exactly* 13,000 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

DDI Manifesto is a cracking read. They've left the text speak in, presumably so as not to be seen to be talking down to the electorate. Some personal favourites;

"We must remember in the Centenary year of the 1916 eater rising we are sovereign people and free to live here unimpeded as the proclamation announced."

"The Gardai do not accept working with reserves willingly, If you are a €40k a year carpenter would you train someone who is doing your job for free the answer is no because you the worker would be laid off when u have trained the free worker. DDI believe the solution to this is, Many Gardai reluctantly have to retire after 30 Years service."

"The likes of our own Ben Gilroy and Anthony Connor have successfully supported people in the courts for years now, but this gets little or no mention." (written and signed off on by the modest Anthony Connor).

"Direct Democracy Ireland A National Citizens Movement’s aim is to create a society where there is equity in the law and justice for all. At the moment this is not the case. An, untouchable class exist in Ireland who are above the law unless they are brought to heal by their own peers.

A court of Equity "will be presided over by a panel of randomly selected citizens rather like those selected to perform jury service. Their role will not be to judge on the conformity of a case to existing case law, but rather whether a decision was "right" or "wrong" in the eyes of the ordinary person." This will be this highest court in the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,533 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

druss wrote: »
    "The likes of our own Ben Gilroy and Anthony Connor have successfully supported people in the courts for years now, but this gets little or no mention." (written and signed off on by the modest Anthony Connor).

"Supported", maybe. Successfully? No.
    A court of Equity "will be presided over by a panel of randomly selected citizens rather like those selected to perform jury service. Their role will not be to judge on the conformity of a case to existing case law, but rather whether a decision was "right" or "wrong" in the eyes of the ordinary person." This will be this highest court in the land.

F*ck me...Witch Trials?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Looks like Integrity Ireland's censor had the day off. Lots of comments openly questioning their decision to attend the turning of the seal.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=597642107049442&id=176620929151564

• Registered Users Posts: 11,533 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Also to note, DDIs witch trial idea is not original (surprise, right?), those lunatics in Ballyphehane were at that craic years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

do Mcelhinnys just owe 2.5 million or more then that?http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/mcelhinneys-receivership-case-put-back-1.2501482

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Robbo wrote: »
    Apparently Ben was back in Court in relation to his own mortgage yesterday. Alleging that he was going to expose false instruments, no progress report has been posted.

No idea if its the same case but Ben has a video from outside the courts yesterday proclaiming a huge victory against a receiver with the only question remaining being how much in damages he'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

"Supported", maybe. Successfully? No.

Well, successful for their own purposes. For the person being supported? Probably not :pac:

F*ck me...Witch Trials?

Yup. That indeed seems to be the entire point. Sentencing via moral outrage/sympathy/media coverage.

Repeat offenders/sex offenders can expect the weighty fist of the law. On the other hand tea and sympathy for those "often elderly" citizens being sent to jail for "trivial offences- as well as the raft of evictions and anti-citizen assaults on democracy and freedom of speech which have been drifting in."

They might as well replace the court panel with a system of facebook likes or an After Hours poll.

Also to note, DDIs witch trial idea is not original (surprise, right?), those lunatics in Ballyphehane were at that craic years ago

My favourite outlaw identifiers! By the way was that a familiar face, who was first on the scene at the designer drug incident in Cork last week? He'll make an interesting witness if so.

http://www.herald.ie/news/teenage-girl-was-covered-in-blood-and-dancing-on-broken-glass-in-drug-house-34383093.html

My favourite outlaw identifiers! By the way was that a familiar face, who was first on the scene at the designer drug incident in Cork last week? He'll make an interesting witness if so.

http://www.herald.ie/news/teenage-girl-was-covered-in-blood-and-dancing-on-broken-glass-in-drug-house-34383093.html

I knew I recognised his face!!
    if this ever goes to court he will be the focal point .. good chance he'll somehow manage to spend a night in the cells for some sort of contempt !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

DDI Manifesto is a cracking read.

Someone's got their hands on a copy of Athenian Democracy for Dummies, so...

whippet wrote: »
    I knew I recognised his face!!
    if this ever goes to court he will be the focal point .. good chance he'll somehow manage to spend a night in the cells for some sort of contempt !
    Good old Banksy. The Ballyphehane nutbars haven't made an appearance in this thread for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

An, untouchable class exist in Ireland who are above the law
    I may actually support them if they go after the travellers! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭cobhguy28

On his Facebook page Ben Gilroy just put a video of what he claims is him taken back a home that was repossessed by sheriff. He uses a drill on the lock which is criminal damage. In the video he does no step inside the property but if he did then that would also be burglary. Is he after hanging himself this time.

Advertisement