Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Those of you planning your culture night events this coming Friday evening could do worse than head along to this gig with keynote speaker Billy McGuire explaining the Meaning of the Harp.

http://www.culturenight.ie/dublin_event/club-na-muinteoiri/
    http://www.eventbrite.ie/e/the-meaning-of-the-harp-and-why-it-is-our-national-emblem-culture-night-no-prebooking-tickets-18549658528

Um, the Teachers Club is a real thing. I wonder do they know who Billy really is? They might thibk theyve found an eccentric guy who loves talking about the harp, but do they realise that if they understand what he says they will be standing under him as the official president of the Irish Republic, inherited because one of the signatories of the Proclamation of Independence used to drink in his grandfathers pub?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Wonder how it would be received if one were to show up to attend their Magic Beans seminar and tried the "Cant Pay, Won't Pay" tactic when requested for 50quid?

Unless they can prove that they havent just securitised the ideas of US Soverign Ciizens then the debt is not valid and can be rebuffed if you write "no consent no contract" on the person sitting to your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭jd

Um, the Teachers Club is a real thing. I wonder do they know who Billy really is? They might thibk theyve found an eccentric guy who loves talking about the harp, but do they realise that if they understand what he says they will be standing under him as the official president of the Irish Republic, inherited because one of the signatories of the Proclamation of Independence used to drink in his grandfathers pub?

Billy was on the whine line today

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/#1976435
    The re-interment of the remains of Thomas Kent and the distribution to every school in Ireland of the Irish Flag and a copy of the proclamation led to a lively debate today from Billy McGuire, President of the IRB, Professor John Borgonovo of the History Department UCD , Enda McGorman , Principal of Mary Mother of Hope School in Dublin 15 and Prionsias O'Rahallaigh, of the 1916 Centenary Initiative Group.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭cml387

I do find this thread highly amusing but also, quite scary.

It makes one wonder what kind of strange prophet would arise after a genuinely serious economic crash. Possibly with an exaggerated sense of national destiny, a loathing of foreigners and,just possibly, a small Charlie Chaplin moustache?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The Teacher's Club is a welcome host and something of a safe haven for numerous left wing groups, causes and meetings. On one hand it makes sense to host this and on the other hand it makes no sense at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Robbo wrote: »
    Meanwhile the National Citizens Movement (usual home of Dermot Murphy & failed challengers of Irish Water) have now branched out and become anti-vaxxers. As usual, they'll be marching on the High Court.
    In what must have been quite the meeting of the minds, Lay Litigation Ireland are claiming to be involved in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Jonotti

• Registered Users Posts: 11,502 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Jonotti wrote: »

Ah yes, Jeff of the Family Rudd. There's a whole thread dedicated to him and his antics over in Politics Cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Ah yes, Jeff of the Family Rudd. There's a whole thread dedicated to him and his antics over in Politics Cafe.

That he managed to kick off himself :pac:

blackwhite wrote: »
    That he managed to kick off himself :pac:

Three different versions of himself no less in the one thread

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Three different versions of himself no less in the one thread

Link?

?width=420&version=2334925

http://www.thejournal.ie/united-people-jeff-rudd-new-political-party-direct-democracy-ireland-2332823-Sep2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭blackwhite

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

The lads over in the hub are going back to school .. . well home school; they have put a call out on Facebook looking for Law Books (yes like real Law and stuff) .. they are not really concerned about what type of law books they are, just as long as they are Law. So it seems that they will be studying what ever they can get their hands on - So if they get a book on North Korean family law they will be able to shoehorn case law in to the Trim district court. Either this or they just want to decorate the lord's newly furnished office, something akin to Lionel Hutz, if there is loads of Law books on the shelf the appearance of an educated man will be given up. All he will need now is for Lay Litigation Ireland to start producing their own Certificates in Law and he can get one of those framed and hung on the wall behind his desk.

Direct Democracy Ireland's General Secretary Anthony Connor has had his court case for alleged assault causing harm put back for a couple of weeks:

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/dpp-needs-clarification-over-alleged-assault-31531582.html

No doubt this is at the behest of Enda Kenny himself to ensure that DDI is dragged through the mud right during the Election campaign that Ben Gilroy is convinced is happening on the 26th Nov.

This case concerning Connor was reported on the DDI website within hour of the alleged assault .. as you can guess the Guards and DPP have a totally different version of events as Connor ... political policing at work?

That FairSociety site is an utter joke. Described by DDI as an "eloquent essay", what we actually have is several thousand words of Freeman Bingo.

http://www.fairsociety.ie/the-marketing-of-the-irish-recovery-all-sizzle-a-sprinkle-of-coercion-and-no-steak/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

That FairSociety site is an utter joke. Described by DDI as an "eloquent essay", what we actually have is several thousand words of Freeman Bingo.

http://www.fairsociety.ie/the-marketing-of-the-irish-recovery-all-sizzle-a-sprinkle-of-coercion-and-no-steak/

I think that site is run by Ray Hall ... Supporter of DDI and peddler of the 'official offer' freeman crap.

whippet wrote: »
    The lads over in the hub are going back to school .. . well home school; they have put a call out on Facebook looking for Law Books (yes like real Law and stuff) .. they are not really concerned about what type of law books they are, just as long as they are Law.

I've a book at home about Sods Law; I think I can spare it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭cml387

I've a book at home about Sods Law; I think I can spare it.

Maybe they have a short piano leg to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JimmytheTurk

<snip>

is on politics telling more lies. Why does he not come into the open (as he tells everyone else) and take on the real story? He is a fantasist!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

<snip>

is on politics telling more lies. Why does he not come into the open (as he tells everyone else) and take on the real story? He is a fantasist!

Mod:

Please note that speculation as to the identity of any boards.ie user is against site rules.

• Advertisement

whippet wrote: »
    The lads over in the hub are going back to school .. . well home school; they have put a call out on Facebook looking for Law Books (yes like real Law and stuff) .. they are not really concerned about what type of law books they are, just as long as they are Law. So it seems that they will be studying what ever they can get their hands on - So if they get a book on North Korean family law they will be able to shoehorn case law in to the Trim district court. Either this or they just want to decorate the lord's newly furnished office, something akin to Lionel Hutz, if there is loads of Law books on the shelf the appearance of an educated man will be given up. All he will need now is for Lay Litigation Ireland to start producing their own Certificates in Law and he can get one of those framed and hung on the wall behind his desk.
    I'm surprised that they haven't invoked the spirit of Abraham Lincoln - he bought a barrel with some old books in it when he was 23. One was a law book and he taught himself law from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

I'm surprised that they haven't invoked the spirit of Abraham Lincoln - he bought a barrel with some old books in it when he was 23. One was a law book and he taught himself law from that.

The loons on II have published this latest gobbledegook

http://www.integrityireland.ie/Grounds%20for%20Non-coop%20large.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

space cadets.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Are they actually making a point in that anywhere ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Dont give them the pageviews:

kH4beiN.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

If only laws had some kind of presumption of constitutionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JimmytheTurk

When does the law and constitution stop these anarchists?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

When does the law and constitution stop these anarchists?

Soon I hope

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Wonder how it would be received if one were to show up to attend their Magic Beans seminar and tried the "Cant Pay, Won't Pay" tactic when requested for 50quid?
    Turns out there was a major timetabling clash that day, Ben Gilroy was running a similar event in Mullingar on the same day. There's only so many untaxed €50 notes to go around, it's market saturation I tells ya.

Ben's stoking up his right wing support by posting all kinds of dubious **** about the the refugee crisis like memes from the EDL and the like. Of course he's on neither side and everything is for discussion only. That it happens to stoke up a far right froth among his accolytes is purely coincidental.

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    Turns out there was a major timetabling clash that day, Ben Gilroy was running a similar event in Mullingar on the same day. There's only so many untaxed €50 notes to go around, it's market saturation I tells ya.

At this rate they'll all have a price war before too long.

Personally I can't wait for it as it will give us Cheaper than Freemen.

Advertisement