Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

zorro2566 wrote: »
    My FTA recordable blue card has packed up today when I tried to record something. Hadnt used it for a month, wonder if I left it in the box for a while would it help?

If you leave it in overnight or for a couple of days it should get the keys it needs to reactivate it.If they're not used for a while they go inactive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭jgbyr

SPAWKER wrote: »
    If you leave it in overnight or for a couple of days it should get the keys it needs to reactivate it.If they're not used for a while they go inactive.

My card has always been in the box & has stopped working.

jgbyr wrote: »
    My card has always been in the box & has stopped working.

If your box has updated to the latest software version which is R011.075.60.00P
    that might be the reason its stopped working.

If your box has updated to the latest software version which is R011.075.60.00P
    that might be the reason its stopped working.
    It stopped working on R011.075.52.00P

Box updated to the latest firmware version R00.075.62.00P and can confirm that the card trick is not working,have 5 different region cards but no joy from any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Dead in the water for me too. I had a bit of hassle with my FTA + card too, but leaving it in the box for a few hours had it working again.

jca wrote: »
    Dead in the water for me too. I had a bit of hassle with my FTA + card too, but leaving it in the box for a few hours had it working again.
    Do you mean a recordable fta card? My blue card stopped working with the last upgrade, wonder if I leave it in the box will it re activate!

Do you mean a recordable fta card? My blue card stopped working with the last upgrade, wonder if I leave it in the box will it re activate!

Yea the recordable FTA card. Mine is white maybe that's why it restarted.

Box updated to the latest firmware version R00.075.62.00P and can confirm that the card trick is not working,have 5 different region cards but no joy from any of them.

Are you non HD?

Are you non HD?

Yes don't have the HD pack.
    So seems it's gone for ever.:mad:

• Advertisement

I'm on HD, wonder if my recordable fta card will reactivate!

I'm on HD, wonder if my recordable fta card will reactivate!

Not so far!

Looks like my fta+ card is toast too.... Maybe it's the box but I can't get the UK epg to load at all... Even unplugging and restarting with the card inserted is leaving me with a non operational irish epg..

I have a blue card which stopped recording in a HD box. I had an old white sky + box & the card is still working, have pause, rewind & record.

Looks like my fta+ card is toast too.... Maybe it's the box but I can't get the UK epg to load at all... Even unplugging and restarting with the card inserted is leaving me with a non operational irish epg..

All the blue UK region cards I have still load the UK EPG onto my hd box and it has the latest firmware on it.

All the blue UK region cards I have still load the UK EPG onto my hd box and it has the latest firmware on it.

I tried it on my other box but that didn't load the UK epg either. Are you rebooting the box or just swapping the cards" on the fly " as such?

jgbyr wrote: »
    I have a blue card which stopped recording in a HD box. I had an old white sky + box & the card is still working, have pause, rewind & record.

Same here but the card wont work (in old white sky + box).I have it left on for about 36 hours so far but no luck!

Same here but the card wont work (in old white sky + box).I have it left on for about 36 hours so far but no luck!

Will it load the UK epg but no + features?

Will it load the UK epg but no + features?

Yes,it loads the UK EPG but no Sky Plus features.Its an old SD Pace white + box.

I tried it on the other box using the reboot method and the f***er is working perfectly !!! I think the first box is faulty because if I even touch the body of the box the picture disappears. All connections are perfect.

• Advertisement

I tried it on the other box using the reboot method and the f***er is working perfectly !!! I think the first box is faulty because if I even touch the body of the box the picture disappears. All connections are perfect.

Reboot method,how is that done?

Do the old + boxes need two connections? The card should still work but just record the channel that is on screen,wont be able to watch another channel!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭lgs 4

Do the old + boxes need two connections? The card should still work but just record the channel that is on screen,wont be able to watch another channel!

Buy Humax Fressat+ PVR no messing with sky cards

Reboot method,how is that done?

I mean unplugging the box and then changing cards instead of changing cards while the box is still on.

Works fine with one connection

New Update
    Wonder if the old card trick may come back to life!

R011.075.64.00P
    What's New
    This update contains stability fixes to address an issue effecting DRX890W/WL & DRX895W/WL Sky+HD boxes.
    Firmware rollout commenced: Wednesday 12th August 2015.
    Firmware added to DR stream: Monday 17th August 2015.

New Update
    Wonder if the old card trick may come back to life!

R011.075.64.00P
    What's New
    This update contains stability fixes to address an issue effecting DRX890W/WL & DRX895W/WL Sky+HD boxes.
    Firmware rollout commenced: Wednesday 12th August 2015.
    Firmware added to DR stream: Monday 17th August 2015.

No joy using my UTV card unfortunately. I don't think we'll ever have the good ole hybrid epg days ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Woodie40

No joy using my UTV card unfortunately. I don't think we'll ever have the good ole hybrid epg days ever again.

I got rid of Sky once it ended. Have the human now.

Woodie40 wrote: »
    I got rid of Sky once it ended. Have the human now.

I'd do the same myself but can't find a way to record, pause, rewind the saorview channels without ending up with two boxes and three remotes!!! Any suggestions gratefully appreciated...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'd do the same myself but can't find a way to record, pause, rewind the saorview channels without ending up with two boxes and three remotes!!! Any suggestions gratefully appreciated...
    i dont suppose you can pick up Freeview in Wexford?

Advertisement