Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

pbarr wrote: »
    After I did the forced update I am now on 009.066.08. Its just over two weeks since I did it so I'm sure the box is due to update again any day now and to quote JCA it's bye bye card trick and it was good while it lasted.

I also did a roll back to R009-077.066.008P about a fortnight ago also but it updated on Thursday night /Friday morning to the one ending in 013P so the card trick is now dead and buried. Unless they have some other glitch in future upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

SPAWKER wrote: »
    I also did a roll back to R009-077.066.008P about a fortnight ago also but it updated on Thursday night /Friday morning to the one ending in 013P so the card trick is now dead and buried. Unless they have some other glitch in future upgrades.

And I presume the forced update won't take it back now?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Nsewell

Correct, a forced update will give you R010.070.58.13P

As said above it won't as it's now a legacy firmware version and the only one available on the DR stream is the 13P version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I'm on borrowed time so, both boxes still on the old 009 egg.

• Advertisement

jca wrote: »
    I'm on borrowed time so, both boxes still on the old 009 egg.

You are indeed ��

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Would the card trick still work on a box that hasn't/cannot be updated to the 13P epg?

Talk about bad timing. I got a call from Sky this evening offering the hd pack for €5 a month. If I took it that would be the card trick gone except for the blue button. I wonder if I ring back when the box is updated will I slill get it for that price.ðŸ˜႒

headnorth wrote: »
    Would the card trick still work on a box that hasn't/cannot be updated to the 13P epg?

It will still work on DRXs 890/895 on the R009 version.But what you mean by cannot be updated to the R010 version? Unless you intend to leave it unplugged.

It will still work on DRXs 890/895 on the R009 version.But what you mean by cannot be updated to the R010 version? Unless you intend to leave it unplugged.

I was looking on the skyepginfo site and was just wondering if a box can't reviece the 13P update would the trick still work.

• Advertisement

I was looking on the skyepginfo site and was just wondering if a box can't reviece the 13P update would the trick still work.

The only way a box won't receive an update is if you leave it unplugged or disconnect the dish so it can't get a signal.

The only way a box won't receive an update is if you leave it unplugged or disconnect the dish so it can't get a signal.

From what I understand the 13P kills the card trick. But by looking at the "skyepginfo" website other makes of boxes don't get the 13P update, so I mean will one of these boxes work with the card trick?

From what I understand the 13P kills the card trick. But by looking at the "skyepginfo" website other makes of boxes don't get the 13P update, so I mean will one of these boxes work with the card trick?

To my knowledge the card trick was only still working on the DRX 890/895 boxes so can't comment on other makes.

To my knowledge the card trick was only still working on the DRX 890/895 boxes so can't comment on other makes.

Cheers for that info. Really interested in this because I found my very old blue sky cards 2 weeks ago and the functions still seem to work in my DRX 890 and I would like to know if an older box with record and pause capability would also work the card trick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Cheers for that info. Really interested in this because I found my very old blue sky cards 2 weeks ago and the functions still seem to work in my DRX 890 and I would like to know if an older box with record and pause capability would also work the card trick
    Anyone selling one of those older boxes???

Kalyke wrote: »
    Anyone selling one of those older boxes???

Have a look on Adverts loads of DRX890's on there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Have a look on Adverts loads of DRX890's on there
    Are they HD? Are they update proof?

Yes they are HD boxes and no they are not update proof.

The card trick never worked on the older white boxes.

From last night I have started switching off my sky box to prevent it updating. Do they ever update them during the day does anybody know?

• Advertisement

From last night I have started switching off my sky box to prevent it updating. Do they ever update them during the day does anybody know?

From what I know the update can lay dormant in a box for a while before it kicks in,so it may be on your box already.

That means you have to do the card trick every morning. Couldn't be doing with all the hassle tbh.

From what I know the update can lay dormant in a box for a while before it kicks in,so it may be on your box already.

Oh well no harm in trying....

Oh well no harm in trying....

All good things must come to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

I still have the card trick via blue button on an oldish Pace HD Box, will the Pace boxes be updated?

200motels wrote: »
    I still have the card trick via blue button on an oldish Pace HD Box, will the Pace boxes be updated?

Don't know but the last update they got was rolled out on the 8th of may and its R009.066.84.00P .
    Check out this link http://skyepginfo.co.uk/Firmware/SkyPlusHD.php

Don't know but the last update they got was rolled out on the 8th of may and its R009.066.84.00P .
    Check out this link http://skyepginfo.co.uk/Firmware/SkyPlusHD.php

So, if I could get an old pace box the trick would survive, interesting...

jca wrote: »
    So, if I could get an old pace box the trick would survive, interesting...

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one,I'd say it's only a matter of time before it gets the same update.The only boxes they are not supporting are Thompson ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

With the loss of the card trick think I'm considering ditching the Sky sub and get a good combo saoview\freesat box.

• Advertisement

To get around this and keep the UK channels recordable, would it be possible to use a NI address ( mates house), I mean tell sky that I am moving there? What would the implications be?

Advertisement