Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Like yourself I tried it on 3 different region cards but no joy. I did notice that the UK epg hangs for longer when changing back to the irish card which gave me some false hope... Maybe next time..

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

We live in hope.

More new firmware on the way as of yesterday R011.075.46.00P something to do with the Planner ,On Demand,Accessibility and Family tab with Parental settings.
    Hopefully this will give us back our card trick again.
    Only on the automatic download at the moment.
    All info here http://www.skyepginfo.co.uk/Firmware/SkyPlusHD.php

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Anyone have any luck, hoping against hope I am thinking.

• Advertisement

Pocaide wrote: »
    Anyone have any luck, hoping against hope I am thinking.

I didn't get the update yet, I've all cards at the ready:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Woodie40

Is the card trick back working? I got rid of SKY once it stopped working.

Another update to the one mentioned above its now at R011.075.52.00P some bug fix.
    Rollout began today.
    Anyone receive either and is the trick working again ?

No, no sign of it yet. Not to worry I'll be on to deliver the results as soon as I get the update.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I haven't used the Sky card trick in ages, I have a Newcastle Region card from the UK, I tried it today as BBC have removed BBC Click from BBC1 and moved it over to BBC News. I used to record it every week and watch later.

I wonder if anyone could shed any light on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Stinicker wrote: »
    I haven't used the Sky card trick in ages, I have a Newcastle Region card from the UK, I tried it today as BBC have removed BBC Click from BBC1 and moved it over to BBC News. I used to record it every week and watch later.

I wonder if anyone could shed any light on this?
    Click is usually repeated on BBC2 on Monday mornings 11:00ish but the snooker has interrupted this.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Nsewell

R011.075.52.00P is now on the DR stream for DRX89x Sky+HD boxes.

R011.075.46.00P is also on the DR stream for DRX595 SkyHD boxes.

Nsewell wrote: »
    R011.075.52.00P is now on the DR stream for DRX89x Sky+HD boxes.

R011.075.46.00P is also on the DR stream for DRX595 SkyHD boxes.

No joy guys:mad::mad: I tried it on one of my boxes but no sign of the trick epg. I have the HD pack so maybe someone without HD might let us know if they fare out any better. I tried it with my UTV card I'll try it with the London card and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Updated last night to R011.075.52.00P, tried the trick this am using a channel islands card, no joy I'm afraid. Don't have hd pack.

Also updated last night, tried it with a UTV card but alas no joy :( will try it with the other cards later but wont hold out any hope.

Another software update pending,version R011.075.60.00P. http://skyepginfo.co.uk/Firmware/SkyPlusHD.php

Here's hoping the 'trick' may return!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Update at the weekend on a box I use for fta & it now prevents the card I have from recording & live pause.

jgbyr wrote: »
    Update at the weekend on a box I use for fta & it now prevents the card I have from recording & live pause.

What version is it? This new update is only rolling out from today (21st).

zorro2566 wrote: »
    What version is it? This new update is only rolling out from today (21st).

It says R011.075.52.00P version 4f31d4.
    When I turned on the box it said new features added to the planner & then when I tried to pause or view recordings, it no longer works.

That was the previous update,my FTA card is still recording and live pausing on that version!

• Advertisement

That was the previous update,my FTA card is still recording and live pausing on that version!

Damn, thanks. Oh well, knew it could happen at any time.

So is mine. I was having palpitations there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭anonanymore

I have an old Thomson hd box and white FTA card.
    Would I be able to record with this setup?

I have an old Thomson hd box and white FTA card.
    Would I be able to record with this setup?

No I think it only works on some old blue ex subscription cards not sure about the white ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Nsewell

SPAWKER wrote: »
    No I think it only works on some old blue ex subscription cards not sure about the white ones.

That's correct.
    You definitely can't record with a white card without a Sky+ sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Nsewell wrote: »
    That's correct.
    You definitely can't record with a white card without a Sky+ sub.

Would those blue recording cards last long, they are about 60 euro on Adverts?

Would those blue recording cards last long, they are about 60 euro on Adverts?

I have one of those cards I got on adverts, it's a white card and I have it since November last year. It's still working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

jca wrote: »
    I have one of those cards I got on adverts, it's a white card and I have it since November last year. It's still working perfectly.

I have two of those cards, one for 5yrs and the other for past two years and both still working recording perfect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Pity can't record RTE, is the Triax TR212S the cheapest recording saorview box you can buy?

• Advertisement

My FTA recordable blue card has packed up today when I tried to record something. Hadnt used it for a month, wonder if I left it in the box for a while would it help?

Advertisement