Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

jca wrote: »
    Does anyone with the HD pack have the trick epg?
    Good question.... no here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

Nope with HD here - just tried it for the first time in a while - but ive been on the sky beta listings for epg updates that my box updates so regularly that i don't bother as much to redo the card trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Nope with HD here - just tried it for the first time in a while - but ive been on the sky beta listings for epg updates that my box updates so regularly that i don't bother as much to redo the card trick
    Are you using a utv card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

dogtoffee wrote: »
    Are you using a utv card?

Scottish Blue card courtesy of gtg60, ive no other card besides that one and my main sub card - so im not much use to ye :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the only card it will work with now is a UTV card. It's looking like you have to have the SD epg too. Not as easy as the old epg. Slightly off topic but does anyone know are there any plans for UTV+1 and UTV HD in the pipeline? If I cancel my HD to get the trick epg I'll lose both my ITV+1 and ITV HD. Really lazy now but does anyone have the frequency for BBC news?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

BBC NEWS 10.818 H 22000 5/6

eddiem10 wrote: »
    BBC NEWS 10.818 H 22000 5/6
    It doesn't work. No signal found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Frequency: 10.81750 GHz
    Vertical polarisation
    Modulation: DVB-S, QPSK
    Symbol rate: 22.0 Mbaud
    FEC 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I was just watching the Liverpool match online as I couldn't made it home in time, I was watching the stream of ITV4 HD and noticed that when he changed channel he was still running on the old sky EPG software [the non transparent one which used to work perfectly with the card trick]... how is that possible can anyone tell me? ... I thought the box automatically forced an update of the new software?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

irishfeen wrote: »
    I was just watching the Liverpool match online as I couldn't made it home in time, I was watching the stream of ITV4 HD and noticed that when he changed channel he was still running on the old sky EPG software [the non transparent one which used to work perfectly with the card trick]... how is that possible can anyone tell me? ... I thought the box automatically forced an update of the new software?
    Not all the boxes have been up dated and Some boxes can't take the update

• Advertisement

dogtoffee wrote: »
    Not all the boxes have been up dated and Some boxes can't take the update
    Ah OK thanks, I thought there was something up... its a pitty though because I would return to the old EPG in an instant to get the channels back on the EPG.

Ah OK thanks, I thought there was something up... its a pitty though because I would return to the old EPG in an instant to get the channels back on the EPG.

Have you tried it again using a UTV card? I did a friends box today with my UTV card and its working again, full trick epg :D:D. It's running the second last epg version (11 on the end) Box type : 4f31a7 Non HD pack. As far as I can see none of the boxes on my "Rounds" will work if they have the HD pack(blue button only) but 100% success with my UTV card on SD epg's. No trick epg using my London card at all (blue button only)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Is this trick pretty much dead if you have a Setanta card? I used to be able to use the favourites work around but I tried a couple of times last week and it didn't work.

Is this trick pretty much dead if you have a Setanta card? I used to be able to use the favourites work around but I tried a couple of times last week and it didn't work.
    What region is the setanta card? If its UTV and the paid card is non hd you should get the full trick epg. If the setanta card is another region the blue button should always work. Make sure to press the green button to save the ticked favourites when on the setanta epg, then standby only to change to the Irish card. I got caught once when I forgot to save the favourites before swapping cards.

Have you tried it again using a UTV card? I did a friends box today with my UTV card and its working again, full trick epg :D:D. It's running the second last epg version (11 on the end) Box type : 4f31a7 Non HD pack. As far as I can see none of the boxes on my "Rounds" will work if they have the HD pack(blue button only) but 100% success with my UTV card on SD epg's. No trick epg using my London card at all (blue button only)
    I have a Grenada card at the minute with the blue button method working, I suppose its something. To be honest I wouldn't mind trying a UTV card but I can't seem to source one.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have a Grenada card at the minute with the blue button method working, I suppose its something. To be honest I wouldn't mind trying a UTV card but I can't seem to source one.
    PM on its way

muffler wrote: »
    PM on its way
    If you have someone in England ask them to get a freesat from sky card and send it to you. I think they're 20 stg. When you get the card ring sky uk and tell them you want to activate a card. Write down a Belfast post code and a Ní phone number and give it to them when asked, that will change the card to a UTV epg.

What region is the setanta card? If its UTV and the paid card is non hd you should get the full trick epg. If the setanta card is another region the blue button should always work. Make sure to press the green button to save the ticked favourites when on the setanta epg, then standby only to change to the Irish card. I got caught once when I forgot to save the favourites before swapping cards.

It is just a card that I ordered from Setanta Ireland. Not sure if it is UTV or not?

So the process I used to go through was this.

Save all of the ITV channels in Favourites.
    Switch off the box at the mains and waited a minute
    Swapp cards so that the Setanta card is inserted into the machine
    Turn the power back on and wait for the box to initialise
    Once the UK channels are viewable, turn the box to standby and switch the cards
    Take the box out of standby and then access the ITV channels through the blue button

Is this the correct process or should I be doing something else? because when I tried this the last time, the epg just went back to the regular Sky Ireland channel lineup after a few seconds and the favourites trick didn't work.

It is just a card that I ordered from Setanta Ireland. Not sure if it is UTV or not?

So the process I used to go through was this.

Save all of the ITV channels in Favourites.
    Switch off the box at the mains and waited a minute
    Swapp cards so that the Setanta card is inserted into the machine
    Turn the power back on and wait for the box to initialise
    Once the UK channels are viewable, turn the box to standby and switch the cards
    Take the box out of standby and then access the ITV channels through the blue button

Is this the correct process or should I be doing something else? because when I tried this the last time, the epg just went back to the regular Sky Ireland channel lineup after a few seconds and the favourites trick didn't work.
    No you're doing it incorrectly. When on Irish card make sure you have correct regional variants in "other channels". Unplug box, swap to setanta card and power box up. Wait for epg to load and then tick the favourites and save them using the green button. Switch to standby swap cards and you should be sorted.

No you're doing it incorrectly. When on Irish card make sure you have correct regional variants in "other channels". Unplug box, swap to setanta card and power box up. Wait for epg to load and then tick the favourites and save them using the green button. Switch to standby swap cards and you should be sorted.

Ah ok... I'll try that later. I assume that they are the correct regional channels because they used to work a few months ago. But I didn't realise that I would have to save them as favourites again when I did the switch. Cheers!

• Advertisement

Ah ok... I'll try that later. I assume that they are the correct regional channels because they used to work a few months ago. But I didn't realise that I would have to save them as favourites again when I did the switch. Cheers!
    When you're on the setanta epg just chech what region you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

PM on its way

Hi Muffler looking for one as well if you know how to locate, thanks in advance:)

jspuds wrote: »
    Hi Muffler looking for one as well if you know how to locate, thanks in advance:)
    Just sent a PM.

For anyone else reading the posts I was sending a couple of PMs with details of a guy who I had bought a UTV region card from on Ebay. But unfortunately I was told earlier this evening that he doesn't have any now.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

All of the Setanta cards are London region cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Just sent a PM.

For anyone else reading the posts I was sending a couple of PMs with details of a guy who I had bought a UTV region card from on Ebay. But unfortunately I was told earlier this evening that he doesn't have any now.

I see Ebay are removing a lot of those card listings also.

pbarr wrote: »
    I see Ebay are removing a lot of those card listings also.
    Thats a shame :(

pbarr wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for a UTV card I know somebody that will hopefully have some by next weekend.
    PM me and I'll send on his contact details.
    If you had a card of any region could you ring sky and get it paired to your box giving a Ní postcode thereby making it a utv card?

If you had a card of any region could you ring sky and get it paired to your box giving a Ní postcode thereby making it a utv card?
    I could be wrong but I dont think that would work as Sky will identify where the box is or supposed be anyhow

I could be wrong but I dont think that would work as Sky will identify where the box is or supposed be anyhow
    When I got my ftv card from sky it was itv west. I disconnected the box from the phone line and rang them giving them a Ní postcode it then became utv. Maybe it will only work with an official ftv card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

When I got my ftv card from sky it was itv west. I disconnected the box from the phone line and rang them giving them a Ní postcode it then became utv. Maybe it will only work with an official ftv card.

Sky will only pair one of their Freesat from Sky cards or one of their active sub cards to your box if you have an account with them.

Advertisement