Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

greendom wrote: »
    My box has upgraded and I can't get the card trick to work. I have the UK epg up and running, put the box into standby, put the subscription card back in and switch on. Normally after a short while, the box reverts to channel 998 - the Irish channels are available and the UK channels can be accessed via favourites.

This last bit doesn't happen and the UK epg stays - it's as if the box doesn't recognise the subscription card.
    I suggest you may need to clean your subscription card, when you try to access rte1 what is happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

energy1942 wrote: »
    I suggest you may need to clean your subscription card, when you try to access rte1 what is happening?

Did it work after?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Can I stop the upgrade from happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

cork_south wrote: »
    Can I stop the upgrade from happening?

No all amstrad DRX 890/895 boxes will all eventually get the upgrade.

SPAWKER wrote: »
    No all amstrad DRX 890/895 boxes will all eventually get the upgrade.

Thats bad news.
    I will be lost without the blue button card trick.

People are talking about UTV cards, do they work after the upgrade does anyone know?

• Advertisement

cork_south wrote: »
    Thats bad news.
    I will be lost without the blue button card trick.

People are talking about UTV cards, do they work after the upgrade does anyone know?
    There is no evidence to suggest that the blue button card trick will not continue to work.

There is no evidence to suggest that the blue button card trick will not continue to work.

ah ok great, I misunderstood. thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

jca wrote: »
    Did it work after?

Not after cleaning it but I turned off the On Demand box and it worked after that - not sure if that was a coincidence or not

Not after cleaning it but I turned off the On Demand box and it worked after that - not sure if that was a coincidence or not
    After the upgrade do have the eco switch, also can you still use the blue button card trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

After the upgrade do have the eco switch, also can you still use the blue button card trick?

Yes I've set the Eco setting so it doesn't turn the box off at night and the card trick still works and doesn't need resetting each day

• Advertisement

Yes I've set the Eco setting so it doesn't turn the box off at night and the card trick still works and doesn't need resetting each day
    Thank you for that, I think that is clearly a case of panic over.

I wonder how many of us are availing of the card trick? I'm so used to it now. The missus was talking to a friend whohad moved back from the uk and was bemoaning the fact that she couldn't use the itv's like all the other channels. The missus says "sure just press the blue button and they're available". She had forgotten it was a trick setup!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Anyone know, will the RTE player ever come to SKY?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,766 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I notice on my box BBC-HD on channel 143 is now BBC2-HD, but I don't seem to have BBC1-HD. Should it be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

loyatemu wrote: »
    I notice on my box BBC-HD on channel 143 is now BBC2-HD, but I don't seem to have BBC1-HD. Should it be there?

Yes : If BBC Two HD is on 143, then BBC One HD will be on 215

* HD subscribers have BBC One HD // BBC Two HD on 141 // 142

• Registered Users Posts: 14,766 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

yep, your right. great can watch Maggie's funeral in HD now... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Kalyke wrote: »
    Finally got rid of the HD package yesterday. I have the other channels back on the EPG now. By the way, I still have RTE2 HD, BBC 1 and 2 HD and Channel4HD on the EPG. I assume when UTV goes HD I will have that too!

And ITV HD is also available (also Russia Today HD and NHK HD).

Rumours that Ch5 HD may be shortly available as well.

Infoanon wrote: »
    And ITV HD is also available (also Russia Today HD and NHK HD).

Rumours that Ch5 HD may be shortly available as well.
    I don't think ITV HD can be on the full trick epg. As far as I know the only way to get the full trick epg is to use a UTV card and be a non HD subscriber. I tried using my ITV London card and then an SD Irish card but no trick epg, however when I tried it with my UTV card and then the SD card I had success. CH5 HD..... Now that would be nice..... I thought ITV 2,3 and4 HD and CH5 HD were all UK HD subscription channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

CH5 HD..... Now that would be nice..... I thought ITV 2,3 and4 HD and CH5 HD were all UK HD subscription channels.

ITV2/3/4 HD are subscription - I don't think Ch.5 HD is,
    Ch5HD rumoured on other forums to be moving transponder to allow fta transmissions in the UK (ie movng to a narrower beam,presently on a wide beam)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

My white NI sky card is no longer working on my box I even left it in overnight but still the rte epg is coming up. Anyone any idea why this is happening?

• Advertisement

smyths wrote: »
    My white NI sky card is no longer working on my box I even left it in overnight but still the rte epg is coming up. Anyone any idea why this is happening?

Give the chip a clean. Unplug the box, change to the NI card, plug the box back in, tune to 501 and it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

I had the switching to 998 while watching UK channels bug when the software was first upgraded but it stopped after a few days.
    Now it switches to channel 998 every 15 minutes and it's driving me crazy.
    The card is for Granada and the channels are all viewable including ITV HD.
    Anyone got a solution for this please?

vampyre wrote: »
    I had the switching to 998 while watching UK channels bug when the software was first upgraded but it stopped after a few days.
    Now it switches to channel 998 every 15 minutes and it's driving me crazy.
    The card is for Granada and the channels are all viewable including ITV HD.
    Anyone got a solution for this please?
    I have exactly the same problem, the only way around this as I see it is to watch the blue button channels live via other channels.

Remember you can still record them using the blue button card trick, this still works, and maybe it is only a temporary glitch.

I didn't get the update yet but the switching to 998 is definitely happening more frequently.

I didn't get the update yet but the switching to 998 is definitely happening more frequently.

It had stopped doing this completely on the 2Tb box, now it changes every few minutes and sometimes several times in a row immediately if you go back to the channel being watched.

It had stopped doing this completely on the 2Tb box, now it changes every few minutes and sometimes several times in a row immediately if you go back to the channel being watched.

Are you on the new epg? I think I'll cancel the HD pack and use my utv card. It seems to be the most stable setup at the moment.

Are you on the new epg? I think I'll cancel the HD pack and use my utv card. It seems to be the most stable setup at the moment.

Had the new epg a good while ago and immediately afterwards this started but it went away after a few days. Before doing the "trick", just watching via other channels there wasn't any switching but I do want to be able to pause or record if possible.

Had the new epg a good while ago and immediately afterwards this started but it went away after a few days. Before doing the "trick", just watching via other channels there wasn't any switching but I do want to be able to pause or record if possible.
    You can watch via other channels & still record using the blue button card trick.

You can watch via other channels & still record using the blue button card trick.

Not for me, I tried watching via other channels and it went crazy, changed to 998 every few seconds.:confused:
    Sky:mad:

• Advertisement

Terrible this morning, switching to 998 constantly. It seems to be worse on ITV 1. Never happens on 2,3 or 4. Think ill cancel the HD and use my UTV card.

Advertisement