Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jca wrote: »
    I can't remember when I got the hd pack in. I'm going to cancel the hd and then try the trick with the utv card. Worth a bash eh?

I wouldn't sacrifice HD for having SD 'other channels' on the EPG.

Have the 'other channels' via Blue Button on my EPG & I have no problems recording them,I have the HD pack also.Card I use is the one I got from Setanta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

zerks wrote: »

I wouldn't sacrifice HD for having SD 'other channels' on the EPG.

Have the 'other channels' via Blue Button on my EPG & I have no problems recording them,I have the HD pack also.Card I use is the one I got from Setanta.
    My suggestion to cancel the HD was met with stony silence. Looks like I'm sticking with the blue button.... Who ever said man is master of all he surveys never had HD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Woodie40

My suggestion to cancel the HD was met with stony silence. Looks like I'm sticking with the blue button.... Who ever said man is master of all he surveys never had HD!!!

From what I can gather, the version of the box is a major contributing factor in regards to whether you can get the other channels on the EPG.

Woodie40 wrote: »
    From what I can gather, the version of the box is a major contributing factor in regards to whether you can get the other channels on the EPG.

The curiosity is killing me though!! Think I'll cancel the HD to try it out at least ill know then... I'm sad eh??

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

muffler wrote: »
    The HD issue has only been mentioned once or twice. Personally I think its all to do with the region card. As stated previously I was using a Granada card up to and after the software update and I lost the ITV channels from the EPG.

A few weeks ago I bought a UTV region card and I now have all the UK channels back on the EPG.

Lost the full EPG card trick since the updates and am using the blue button trick with a UK card (forget which region), just wondering where the UTV region card can be purchased, is it still the OP?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

Plascebo wrote: »
    Lost the full EPG card trick since the updates and am using the blue button trick with a UK card (forget which region), just wondering where the UTV region card can be purchased, is it still the OP?

The UTV card may or may not work. Mine does not. It seems that it may be box dependent but may also be affected by the HD package. I asked to cancel my Sky HD sub but I am contracted till end of March. They would NOT switch it off even though I told them I was willing to pay for it in full.
    SKY!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Plascebo wrote: »
    As stated the card trick could pretty much depend on the version or the box or indeed the HD as has been mentioned although I dont have the HD myself.

I dont think the OP has the UTV cards and I bought mine off Ebay. If you want the details PM me.

eddiem10 wrote: »

The UTV card may or may not work. Mine does not. It seems that it may be box dependent but may also be affected by the HD package. I asked to cancel my Sky HD sub but I am contracted till end of March. They would NOT switch it off even though I told them I was willing to pay for it in full.
    SKY!!!:mad:
    I wonder will it work when the HD is switched off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

I have found an expired Irish card that is working with card trick if some one with hd wants to try it with there box with out cancelling hd pack
    (its just Irish epg not able to view with it)

dogtoffee wrote: »
    I have found an expired Irish card that is working with card trick if some one with hd wants to try it with there box with out cancelling hd pack
    (its just Irish epg not able to view with it)
    That's a brilliant idea!! I'd love a try of that.

• Advertisement

Success!! I got an expired Irish card( thanks dt). Did the card trick with my utv fta card and it worked perfectly!! I also tried it with my London region card as this gives me itv hd and itv+1 which aren't available on the utv card but no joy.
    My epg version is R005.053.70.15P
    Box is: 4f3104.
    I think that's the latest epg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Success!! I got an expired Irish card( thanks dt). Did the card trick with my utv fta card and it worked perfectly!! I also tried it with my London region card as this gives me itv hd and itv+1 which aren't available on the utv card but no joy.
    So its the card not the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭alanashe

What did you do to get this working?

alanashe wrote: »

What did you do to get this working?
    This is the first time I've seen the proper trick epg since the new epg was rolled out. Dogtoffee sent me an expired Irish card. I booted from the utv card and then put the box in standby then inserted the expired Irish card which gave me the non HD Irish epg which also gave me the proper trick epg. In summary what I need is. Non HD sub and the utv card to get it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

This is the first time I've seen the proper trick epg since the new epg was rolled out. Dogtoffee sent me an expired Irish card. I booted from the utv card and then put the box in standby then inserted the expired Irish card which gave me the non HD Irish epg which also gave me the proper trick epg. In summary what I need is. Non HD sub and the utv card to get it to work.

Yes but you wont be able to view any of the sly or RTE channels with an expired card.

SPAWKER wrote: »

Yes but you wont be able to view any of the sly or RTE channels with an expired card.
    Strangely I could watch the uk fta channels but obviously not the Irish ones. If I cancel my hd pack I should be back to the full trick epg.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So to get the full epg back you have to use 3 cards, is that right ?

greendom wrote: »

So to get the full epg back you have to use 3 cards, is that right ?
    No. I my case to get the full epg I need to downgrade to sd and do the trick with the utv card.

No. I my case to get the full epg I need to downgrade to sd and do the trick with the utv card.

So you're unable to record, pause rewind etc ?

So you're unable to record, pause rewind etc ?
    He would be able to record etc. Thats the purpose of the "card trick" together with getting the UK channels on the EPG.

• Advertisement

He would be able to record etc. Thats the purpose of the "card trick" together with getting the UK channels on the EPG.

But the last stage of his post above is to insert an expired Irish card ?

But the last stage of his post above is to insert an expired Irish card ?
    That was to test it without a HD sub.

That was to test it without a HD sub.

ok thanks - right stupid question no 3.

I have a hd box without a hd sub. I also have a blue UK card with which I do the card trick. I can only watch record etc "other" channels via the blue button. is there any way to make them reappear on the EPG ?

Strangely I could watch the uk fta channels but obviously not the Irish ones. If I cancel my hd pack I should be back to the full trick epg.

This has nothing to do with the HD pack its to do with the version No of the boxes because my box version No 4F3106 does the full trick my brothers and mothers both have different version Nos and it works on them but a mate of mine who has a different No to our three wont work,and none of these boxes has the HD pack.

This has nothing to do with the HD pack its to do with the version No of the boxes because my box version No 4F3106 does the full trick my brothers and mothers both have different version Nos and it works on them but a mate of mine who has a different No to our three wont work,and none of these boxes has the HD pack.
    Make sure he does a forced update to get the latest epg.

Make sure he does a forced update to get the latest epg.

All these boxes have the latest EPG firmware R005.053.70.15P and are all Amstrad Drx890s

All these boxes have the latest EPG firmware R005.053.70.15P and are all Amstrad Drx890s
    I think he's out of luck then. I thought I was doomed too.

ok thanks - right stupid question no 3.

I have a hd box without a hd sub. I also have a blue UK card with which I do the card trick. I can only watch record etc "other" channels via the blue button. is there any way to make them reappear on the EPG ?

one stupid question too many I suppose - to answer my own question it depends on the type of hd box you have and the software release version.

What's version of the EPG are you using JCA?

one stupid question too many I suppose - to answer my own question it depends on the type of hd box you have and the software release version.

What's version of the EPG are you using JCA?
    I posted it earlier. It's the version ending in 15, the latest version.

• Advertisement

Does anyone with the HD pack have the trick epg?

Advertisement