Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

jca wrote: »
    Terrible this morning, switching to 998 constantly. It seems to be worse on ITV 1. Never happens on 2,3 or 4. Think ill cancel the HD and use my UTV card.

It happens mine using Granada card and it is impossible to watch. I tried pausing for a while before watching but that didn't work, nor does watching via other channels. I'd miss HD though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I'd miss the HD too. I might try the trick with the UTV card and use UTV instead of ITV. Will lose +1 and ITV HD but anything is better than the 998 channel!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Woodie40

It's working perfectly on the main peg for me with a utv card

Woodie40 wrote: »
    It's working perfectly on the main peg for me with a utv card

Non HD I presume?

Non HD I presume?

Yes, I can't afford to pay SKY anymore than I already do.

• Advertisement

Yes, I can't afford to pay SKY anymore than I already do.
    It racks up alright. Good job its a decent service:cool:

Enough is enough!!! Feckin sick of ch 998!! I've redone the trick with my UTV card. Watching UTV on the blue button since 10am and all's well do far.

Enough is enough!!! Feckin sick of ch 998!! I've redone the trick with my UTV card. Watching UTV on the blue button since 10am and all's well do far.

I have on the main EPG, can you not get it?

I have on the main EPG, can you not get it?

No not while I still have the HD pack.

Aww feck!! Was steeled up to cancel the HD pack but bloody girl knew I wasn't convincing enough and persuaded me to hold on to it for half price... The stout oak I ain't. !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Aww feck!! Was steeled up to cancel the HD pack but bloody girl knew I wasn't convincing enough and persuaded me to hold on to it for half price... The stout oak I ain't. !!
    Well that will put an end to you complaining about the box jumping to 998 so :P

muffler wrote: »
    Well that will put an end to you complaining about the box jumping to 998 so :P

My trials using utv instead of itv have been deemed 100% successful. I left it on for about 4 hours and it worked perfectly. Strangely itv only gives trouble on one box and works perfectly on the other, both HD and SD versions.

Is the new epg on the update stream yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Is the new epg on the update stream yet?

Yes it is on the DR Stream and available since friday if you do a forced update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

My trials using utv instead of itv have been deemed 100% successful. I left it on for about 4 hours and it worked perfectly. Strangely itv only gives trouble on one box and works perfectly on the other, both HD and SD versions.

Can you still buy a utv card anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Very difficult to get. I got one on Ebay a while back but I understand Ebay are not allowing the sale of any Sky cards now.

Your best bet is to look to friends or family (yours or someone elses) living in N.I. and see if they have any old cards that are not in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

jspuds wrote: »
    Sent you a PM

Also interested in the card if you know where to get a hold of one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

jspuds wrote: »
    Sent you a PM
    Hi mate if you know where them UTV cards are available to buy could you send me a PM too... can't seem to find them anywhere.

Unfortunately the utv card isn't the holy grail I thought it was. Terrible this morning on utv, seems better on itv via the blue button which got saved as 973 but only on the blue button, not the regular epg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Plascebo wrote: »
    Also interested in the card if you know where to get a hold of one?
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Hi mate if you know where them UTV cards are available to buy could you send me a PM too... can't seem to find them anywhere.

Sent PM

Trick is gone on one of the boxes. A disaster!! I wasnt too worried as I thought cancelling the hd would sort it but I tried an expired irish card and still no trick epg. Not working on the blue button either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Trick is gone on one of the boxes. A disaster!! I wasnt too worried as I thought cancelling the hd would sort it but I tried an expired irish card and still no trick epg. Not working on the blue button either.
    My box updated to r006 .058.60.00p about week ago and its still working with utv ftv card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Kalyke

dogtoffee wrote: »
    My box updated to r006 .058.60.00p about week ago and its still working with utv ftv card
    Same here. Maybe its a box version issue. Mine is 4f31d5

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

dogtoffee wrote: »

Mines the same still have trick channels on epg.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Surely an Irish expired card would not work, I think you would need a UK card.

Are you unable to switch your epg to UK channels?

energy1942 wrote: »
    Surely an Irish expired card would not work, I think you would need a UK card.

Are you unable to switch your epg to UK channels?

Im just using the expired irish card to load the non hd irish epg temporarily. Before the epg was updated this method would show the full trick epg but now it doesn't. my box version is 4f3104.

Im just using the expired irish card to load the non hd irish epg temporarily. Before the epg was updated this method would show the full trick epg but now it doesn't. my box version is 4f3104.
    You can only do the blue button trick using a UK sky card.

energy1942 wrote: »
    You can only do the blue button trick using a UK sky card.

I know how to do the card trick....

• Advertisement

I know how to do the card trick....
    One of my boxes updated two weeks ago, in the last few minutes I have done the blue button card trick & it is working as normal.

When you insert your card are you able to get the UK channels on your epg?

Advertisement