Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,961 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The multi-room sky+ HD box was updated last night so I had a quick go at the card trick earlier. It seems like the only way to get the ITV channels to view, record etc is via the blue button and even at that its just the banner at the bottom of the screen that is visible....no EPG or no list as you would find when viewing the favourites normally and no 7 day guide. Another issue is with scrolling forward through the blue button to select a programme to record will only advance about 9 hours.

I never ever used the favourites button before tonight and from reading a few posts here over the last week or so I just thought the favourites would contain a list of channels that would be displayed in a similar format to the EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

muffler wrote: »
    The multi-room sky+ HD box was updated last night so I had a quick go at the card trick earlier. It seems like the only way to get the ITV channels to view, record etc is via the blue button and even at that its just the banner at the bottom of the screen that is visible....no EPG or no list as you would find when viewing the favourites normally and no 7 day guide. Another issue is with scrolling forward through the blue button to select a programme to record will only advance about 9 hours.

I never ever used the favourites button before tonight and from reading a few posts here over the last week or so I just thought the favourites would contain a list of channels that would be displayed in a similar format to the EPG.

To record from one of the UK channels from the next 7 days, press 'tv guide', press the blue button and type the name of the programme you want to record. All the 'other' channels' listings can be accessed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

The multi-room sky+ HD box was updated last night so I had a quick go at the card trick earlier.

Was that using a Northern Ireland card Muffler ?

pbarr wrote: »
    Was that using a Northern Ireland card Muffler ?
    Granada region :)

Granada region :)

I use a NI card for the card trick but haven't got the update...not sure what to expect.

• Advertisement

I use a NI card for the card trick but haven't got the update...not sure what to expect.
    There was a post a page or 2 back that said the NI card will still work after the update and the UK channels will remain on the EPG which would be great for yourself or anyone with the NI card.

My main box in the sitting room hasn't been updated yet and I will probably spend a bit more time on it after the update to get the UK channels lined up again.

Unfortunately I had never used "favourites" before last night and had this mental picture that the UK channels would appear in the favourites list similar to the way they appear on the EPG and that I could just scroll through them and select to record or view but alas it wasn't to be.

Still the blue button is better than nothing :)

There was a post a page or 2 back that said the NI card will still work after the update and the UK channels will remain on the EPG which would be great for yourself or anyone with the NI card.

I read that all right thats what put me wondering about yourself. I'll post back with whatever happens whenever/if ever the update comes. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

I got my hands on a NI card. The card trick still wont work. I get a "this is the wrong card for this box" message when I try to view ch106 when the NI card is in. I think this is a clue to what is going wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

My sky+ hd box was updated last night. My ch5 etc. were gone so i go into other channels which is completely blank. Here is the problem , i try to add the channels by searching transponder etc. select channel 5 etc. and it says u've added 50 other channels so you cannot save another. but my other channels is blank. flipin eck!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

eddiem10 wrote: »
    I got my hands on a NI card. The card trick still wont work. I get a "this is the wrong card for this box" message when I try to view ch106 when the NI card is in. I think this is a clue to what is going wrong?

Sounds like you might need to leave the box unplugged for longer before turning it on with the NI card inserted? Try unplugging for at least a minute.

• Advertisement

Sounds like you might need to leave the box unplugged for longer before turning it on with the NI card inserted? Try unplugging for at least a minute.

CH101 is BBCNI 103 is UTV. etc with a White NI card in. When I put my sub card in it reverts to the Irish sub with no sign of UK epg .... Does the card need to be "unmarried" somehow? ( It was married to another box to which I have no access. ie it is an ex-NI sub card. Do I need to delete and re add other and favourite channels?)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

bmm wrote: »
    My sky+ hd box was updated last night. My ch5 etc. were gone so i go into other channels which is completely blank. Here is the problem , i try to add the channels by searching transponder etc. select channel 5 etc. and it says u've added 50 other channels so you cannot save another. but my other channels is blank. flipin eck!:mad:

Unplug the box from the mains and restart, your other channels will reappear.

CH101 is BBCNI 103 is UTV. etc with the NI card in. When I put my sub card in it reverts to the Irish sub with no sign of UK epg .... Does the card need to be "unmarried" somehow? ( It was married to another box to which I have no access. ie it is an ex-NI sub card. Do I need to delete and re add other and favourite channels?)

I'm in the same boat. The box was updated last night and the same thing happens when I put the sub card back in. I tried deleting the favorite but not the other channels and its still the same. I can set the recording using the blue buttion. Don't know if it'll work yet as I've only set for Big Brother yet. I'm using a whiite NI card. I think it was a blue card that the op was using earlier on that got it working whether that makes a difference or not.
    Don't think the card would be married as freesat cards will work in any box without pairing.

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Just an update regarding the card trick,
    I have cards from all four regions one Ni,one Scottish,one Welsh all blue ones and a Setanta one which is an English one and white.
    The only one that does the card trick that brings the English EPG along side the Irish one is the Ni one the other three will only let me record via the blue button.

Is your NI card a white or a blue one thanks.

Sorry just after seeing the answer in post #901

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Is your NI card a white or a blue one thanks.

Sorry just after seeing the answer in post #901
    Don't think it would make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

My box updated last night. I can only record the extra channels through the blue button. No channels on epg.

energy1942 wrote: »
    Remember you watch & record them via the blue button only, they are not in the tv guide, press you're blue button.

I have the extra channels saved as favorites, when I press the blue button it takes me to the search screen where I can type in the program name and then set it to record which is fine provided I know the name of what I want.
    On this screen then there is another blue favorites button when I press this there are no channels there. Should the extra channels be there or how do I view whats on each of them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

Remember you watch & record them via the blue button only, they are not in the tv guide, press you're blue button.

I have the extra channels saved as favorites, when I press the blue button it takes me to the search screen where I can type in the program name and then set it to record which is fine provided I know the name of what I want.
    On this screen then there is another blue favorites button when I press this there are no channels there. Should the extra channels be there or how do I view whats on each of them at the moment.

That's when you are in TV Guide. Just go to any channel on the epg, then press the blue button

Don't think it would make any difference.

You're probably right :(

How many people still have the card trick working (full epg NOT blue button) with the new epg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

How many people still have the card trick working (full epg NOT blue button) with the new epg?
    I do for one using a Ni F T V card and also a few more on here have it too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

I was using a W Yorks card to do the card trick and it worked no problem. Now I have to use the blue button :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What colour is your card SPAWKER?

paulaa wrote: »
    I was using a W Yorks card to do the card trick and it worked no problem. Now I have to use the blue button :(
    It will only work using a Ni card wont work with any other region. I have 3 other region cards as well as the Ni one and thats the only one that gives the Irish and English E P G together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

It will only work using a Ni card wont work with any other region. I have 3 other region cards as well as the Ni one and thats the only one that gives the Irish and English E P G together

Thanks Spawker. I'll try to get a card.

paulaa wrote: »

Thanks Spawker. I'll try to get a card.

I'm using a NI card......doesn't work for me.

The card I have is an old BBC Ftv blue one and it still does it

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Just got card trick working again, used an old blue card (channel islands region). No itv hd though

Uk origin sky hd box - bbc1 & rte on 101
    irish origin sky hd box - rte on 101, bbc on 141

Me neither. Is the procedure the same as for the old EPG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

bodonnell wrote: »
    Just got card trick working again, used an old blue card (channel islands region). No itv hd though

Uk origin sky hd box - bbc1 & rte on 101
    irish origin sky hd box - rte on 101, bbc on 141
    How exactly did u do it

Advertisement