Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denver Broncos Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Most players would have left if they kept McDaniels on. You can't keep on a terrible head coach just on the unlikely chances he manages to develop an extremely raw QB who probably wouldn't make it anyway.

even the thought of mcdaniels still being there makes me shudder, he's set this team back by half a decade at least.

we're clamouring for tebow not because of some agenda or trying to tell the FO what to do but because we care and cannot tolerate this sort of long term ineptitude that we've been exposed to in the last decade. Love or hate us, we're a storied team and were definitely up there with the cowboys, steelers, packers and co. as a long term member of the elite teams up to recent years(last 10ish), with fans as passionate as any of them (8 home sellouts in our worst season in decades says it all) but we've gone off the road in the last decade and the fans are getting sick of it and are right to not just put up with it. The broncos fans have seen the glory days and know that we're not on the right road as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

spiralism wrote: »
    even the thought of mcdaniels still being there makes me shudder, he's set this team back by half a decade at least.

we're clamouring for tebow not because of some agenda or trying to tell the FO what to do but because we care and cannot tolerate this sort of long term ineptitude that we've been exposed to in the last decade. Love or hate us, we're a storied team and were definitely up there with the cowboys, steelers, packers and co. as a long term member of the elite teams up to recent years, with fans as passionate as any of them (8 home sellouts in our worst season in decades says it all) but we've gone off the road in the last decade and the fans are getting sick of it and are right to not just put up with it. The broncos fans have seen the glory days and know that we're not on the right road as a result.

But Tim Tebow will set you guys on that right road? :pac: I think you guys are on the right road, but it's going to take you a lot long then one off-season to get there and one simple QB change.

But Tim Tebow will set you guys on that right road? :pac: I think you guys are on the right road, but it's going to take you a lot long then one off-season to get there and one simple QB change.

no but it would help, one way or another.

How would it help? By alienanting the majority of your players?

Quality report/rant about it here.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15579357/tebows-adoring-fans-leave-destruction-in-their-wake

How would it help? By alienanting the majority of your players?

Quality report/rant about it here.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15579357/tebows-adoring-fans-leave-destruction-in-their-wake

did it alienate them last year? i have the feeling the tunes of a few players will change in 2 months time when we're 1-9 or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Honestly, I feel the Broncos are in far more of a hole now than they were at the end of the McDaniels term. There was plenty of glimmers of hope in those two years, a top-tier passing attack and a defense that was the #7 ranked defence in 2009. Orton for Cutler and Marshall for Lloyd didn't really hurt the team in all honesty, and if anything the new pair's connection was a better combination for Denver. Sure, he reached for Tebow but even then there's a huge upside if he becomes a franchise QB, something McDaniels of all people would have known how to develop. People will probably point out trading Hillis but, honestly, this was a player seen more as a fullback/blocking tight end than a featured back at that point.

I see the pontiel for things to get far more sour in the Elway-Fox era if they don't end the the QB situation once and for all by trading one of them. sometimes reality needs to intercede in footballing decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

did it alienate them last year? i have the feeling the tunes of a few players will change in 2 months time when we're 1-9 or something

So you are saying the players will turn on Orton. Ah here get a fooking grip would you.

Last year they probably didn't realise how bad he was. It probably will, but once the see Tebow play I'm sure we'll see billboard for Brady Quinn appear. :pac:

Syferus wrote: »
    Honestly, I feel the Broncos are in far more of a hole now than they were at the end of the McDaniels term. There was plenty of glimmers of hope in those two years, a top-tier passing attack and a defense that was the #7 ranked defence in 2009. Orton for Cutler and Marshall for Lloyd didn't really hurt the team in all honesty, and if anything the new pair's connection was a better combination for Denver. Sure, he reached for Tebow but even then there's a huge upside if he becomes a franchise QB, something McDaniels of all people would have known how to develop. People will probably point out trading Hillis but, honestly, this was a player seen more as a fullback/blocking tight end than a featured back at that point.

I see the pontiel for things to get far more sour in the Elway-Fox era if they don't end the the QB situation once and for all by trading one of them. sometimes reality needs to intercede in footballing decisions.

They went from #7 best defense to in the league to #32 under Josh McDaniels. I'm not sure how they are far bigger of a hole now then went Josh was fired after going 3-9 and managing to complete butcher his teams defense.

Not only will people point out the Hillis trade, they will also point out every other trade and draft made under McDaniels.

2009 draft:
    1(#16). Knowshon Monroe - Looked pretty poor so far in his career.
    1(#18). Robery Ayers - not 100% sure how he has done but looking at his stats he seems terrible. Started 11 games and has 1.5 sacks. Ouch.
    2(#37). Alphonso Smith - Traded to the Lions for a Dan Gronkowski(65 yards for Denver, was cut the start of this month)
    2(#48) Darcel McBeth - Cut at the start of this month
    2(#64) Richard Quinn(Te) - 9 career yards. :pac: Was cut due to injury.
    4. David Bruton(S) - bit part player it seems. Started 3 games
    4. Seth Olsen(G) - Cut after his 1st year,
    5. Kenny McKinley(Wr) - Placed on IR and then cut. Ended him killing himself which is very sad.
    6. Tom Brandstater - Released after a year.
    7. Blake Schuelter - cut after 3 months signing his contract.

5 tops in the top two rounds and to miss on all of them is pretty impressive. Pretty much missing on every single pick is even more impressive. Kudos Josh.

2010 Draft:

1.(#18) Demaryius Thomas - poor 1st season, did his achilles tendon which could be a disaster for his career. They passed on Dez Byrant for him.
    1. Tim Tebow(#25). Huge reach at the time, and has lived up to it by being poor and being dropped to #3 QB.
    2. Zane Beadles - Heards he's performed quite well at time. Not 100% sure.
    3. JD Walton - Not sure
    3. Eric Decker - Seems a solid return man.
    5. Perish Cox - All round nice guy who was cut this month.
    6. Eric Olsen - Cut this month
    7. Syd’quan Thompson - Ruptured his achilles out for the year, tough break for him.
    7. jammie kirlew - cut

Also, I've no idea how you can say Cutler for Orton didn't hurt the team. :eek: It was the big factor that has lead to being as terrible as they are now.

They went from #7 best defense to in the league to #32 under Josh McDaniels. I'm not sure how they are far bigger of a hole now then went Josh was fired after going 3-9 and managing to complete butcher his teams defense.

Not only will people point out the Hillis trade, they will also point out every other trade and draft made under McDaniels.

2009 draft:
    1(#16). Knowshon Moreno - I'd be praising him heavily by calling him average. bust.
    1(#18). Robert Ayers - 100% certified bust. Started 11 games and has 1.5 sacks. Ouch.
    2(#37). Alphonso Smith - Looked crap at first, so we traded him for skittles and he's looked ok in detroit. In return we got Dan Gronkowski who was craptacular(65 yards for Denver, was cut the start of this month)
    2(#48) Darcel McBeth - Looked good in very limited play time. Was far too injury prone which led to him being cut at the start of this month
    2(#64) Richard Quinn(Te) - We actually reached for this guy, a fcuking blocking TE. 9 career yards. :pac: Was cut due to injury.
    4. David Bruton(S) - Started 3 games, plays on ST. best pick of that draft without even being that good, says it all
    4. Seth Olsen(G) - Cut after his 1st year,
    5. Kenny McKinley(Wr) - Placed on IR and then cut. Ended him killing himself which is very sad.
    6. Tom Brandstater - Released after a year.
    7. Blake Schuelter - cut after 3 months signing his contract.

5 tops in the top two rounds and to miss on all of them is pretty impressive. Pretty much missing on every single pick is even more impressive. Kudos Josh.

2010 Draft:

1.(#18) Demaryius Thomas - poor 1st season, did his achilles tendon which could be a disaster for his career. They passed on Dez Byrant for him.
    1. Tim Tebow(#25). Huge reach at the time, and has lived up to it by being poor and being dropped to #3 QB.
    2. Zane Beadles - He has his moments but isnt consistently very good, though he's only in his second year
    3. JD Walton - Similar story here, though there is scope for improvement with both him and beadles
    3. Eric Decker - Solid return man. Good hands as well, got a good bit of use towards the end of last year and will probably see some good playing time this year too, pretty decent pick so far tbh
    5. Perish Cox - Cut this month as he's jail bound.
    6. Eric Olsen - Cut this month
    7. Syd’quan Thompson - Ruptured his achilles out for the year, tough break for him, was actually decent when he played last year

7. jammie kirlew - cut
    UDFA-Cassius Vaughn- 3rd on depth chart at CB, looks good enough and scored on a return against the chargers in week 17 last year.

Also, I've no idea how you can say Cutler for Orton didn't hurt the team. :eek: It was the big factor that has lead to being as terrible as they are now.

FTFY

Perrish cox- All around nice guy :pac:

Regarding Cutler, i think hes an arsehole but i really wish we didnt trade him when one sees this mess and QB controvery left in the wake of him fúcking off. Hell, i never thought i'd come out with this but we never should have got rid of jake plummer, he wasn't any good of a passer but always managed to win games...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

That's a godawful draft record

When you look at what the Steelers and Ravens manage and go about their business quietly the record looks even worse

The value pick I liked was Perrish Cox, a real steal in the fifth. Some great play and I thought he'd be in the league for the next decade
    The Broncos are cursed, he threw away his career

mikemac wrote: »
    That's a godawful draft record

When you look at what the Steelers and Ravens manage and go about their business quietly the record looks even worse

The value pick I liked was Perrish Cox, a real steal in the fifth. Some great play and I thought he'd be in the league for the next decade
    The Broncos are cursed, he threw away his career

i was sickened, he looked very good in his play time last year and he does that, disgusted. Don't be surprised if he ends up with the Bengals when he gets back out of jail though, he's pretty good.

We are cursed, notably since plummer left... Denver's answer to the curse of bobby layne - the curse of jake plummer?

From the broncos boards, quality analysis of the situation imo:

Its funny...the media claims its Tebowmania that has swept the nation. However, in reality its Ortonmania that has swept the media. As a result of this, sheep, many of them Broncos fans, have been infected and are constantly regurgitating the same nonsense that glorifies Orton and without no legitimate empirical evidence, declares him as the "QB that gives us the best chance to win."

Well lets objectively debunk this claim together starting with the most popular nonsense that is spewed out in support of this baseless claim. (notice how most of these focus around attacking Tebow rather than actually providing evidence for Orton).

1. "If Tebow is so good, why couldn't he beat out Orton in practice? Who are you to claim you know more than Coaches and Staff?"

First of all, let me remind everyone of a little secret that we all ironically seem to forget all the time given the past couple years. Front Offices, all around the NFL, all throughout the NFL's history MAKE MISTAKES on player evaluations ALL THE TIME.

If Bledsoe doesn't go down would Brady ever gotten a shot? If Kolb doesn't go down would Vick ever really gotten a shot? Vince Young was benched in favor of "pocket passer" Kerry Collins. The Titans went 0-6 until finally Collins was benched. VY led the same exact team the rest of the year to an 8-2 record, nearly making history. Jay Cutler was traded in favor of Kyle Orton. Jamarcus Russell. These are all just coming off the top of my head. My point is, the examples are countless.

Second of all, as the great Allen Iverson said, "are we really talkin bout practice?" Yes, practice is important. It is preparation for the big stage. However practice is an entirely different environment than the big stage. It is impossible to simulate. Bottom line is, if you can't get it done on the big stage, practice means nothing. Might as well be on the practice squad if that's your only strong point. (5-22) in the last 27 games is not exactly what I would call a gamer. In reality, due to his abysmal big stage performance, all Orton's practice heroics are meaningless.

2. "Tebow is not ready"

According to what? it can't be his above average performance in the 3 regular season games last year. It can't be his 108 passer rating this preseason. What evidence is being used as the basis of this argument? If practice is the answer, see number 1.

Additionally, we've all seen Elway's, or Vick's, or Manning's, first year numbers. Why isn't Tim given the same opportunity to make mistakes and grow? Why is Cam Newton, who played much more poorly in preseason than Tebow has played, being given a shot to make mistakes and grow? Why is Andy Dalton? Why is Colt Mccoy?

The funny thing is Tim really hasn't messed up that bad in any of his outings as some of those mentioned above have. I can't imagine the hate that will be thrown at him if he turns in a bad game like Elway did his rookie year. The fact that he hasn't in spite of all of the hate speaks to his mental toughness.

Lastly, and here is the ultimate question to those infected with Ortonmania, name one journeyman, 7th year Quarterback in the history of the NFL that went 5-19 (or whatever it is) in his last 24 games on a rebuilding team with 3 young Quarterbacks that was still given a chance as well as such high praise and support by the media. Name one. Alex Smith? Surprisingly Smith's record is still better than Orton's in the last 24, and he didn't have 2 young high potential QB's behind him. Other than Smith, who?

The whole "Orton gives us the best chance to win" is regurgitated by Ortonmania without any objective support. I have never seen a team with a comparable rebuilding situation as ours ever go to such a length to start an aging journeyman quarterback who has proven nothing year after year while a group of young qb's with potential rot on the bench.

couldn't have put it better myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

That's a good post. Orton isn't getting the Bronco's anywhere. At least Tebow can have his shot and then you know you where you stand.

I also don't think Orton has that comeback ability, he lacks clutch ability. I'm not saying Tebow is the answer, as I have said before. But the Bronco's are in for a long year with him there. To blame him for all their problems is ignorant.

Serious work needs to happen with this team, otherwise you can put John Elway (in his prime!) back in there and it won't make a difference. But Orton isn't going to take this team forward.

3 above average games last season? He must have been watching a complete different Tim Tebow to the one who was actually playing.

Its funny...the media claims its Tebowmania that has swept the nation. However, in reality its Ortonmania that has swept the media. As a result of this, sheep, many of them Broncos fans, have been infected and are constantly regurgitating the same nonsense that glorifies Orton and without no legitimate empirical evidence, declares him as the "QB that gives us the best chance to win.

Oh yeah because all of us that don't agree with Tebow lovers and Broncos fans obviously form our opinions due to the media. The Irony in this paragraph alone is hilarious
    Well lets objectively debunk this claim together starting with the most popular nonsense that is spewed out in support of this baseless claim. (notice how most of these focus around attacking Tebow rather than actually providing evidence for Orton).

Plenty have provided evidence but Bronco fans are refusing to see it or hear it.
    1. "If Tebow is so good, why couldn't he beat out Orton in practice? Who are you to claim you know more than Coaches and Staff?"

First of all, let me remind everyone of a little secret that we all ironically seem to forget all the time given the past couple years. Front Offices, all around the NFL, all throughout the NFL's history MAKE MISTAKES on player evaluations ALL THE TIME.

Oh the Irony Broncos fans trying to discredit the front staff and coaches in aid of helping their own opinions as the right one.
    If Bledsoe doesn't go down would Brady ever gotten a shot? If Kolb doesn't go down would Vick ever really gotten a shot? Vince Young was benched in favor of "pocket passer" Kerry Collins. The Titans went 0-6 until finally Collins was benched. VY led the same exact team the rest of the year to an 8-2 record, nearly making history. Jay Cutler was traded in favor of Kyle Orton. Jamarcus Russell. These are all just coming off the top of my head. My point is, the examples are countless.

hahahahahaha the fail in this paragraph is hilarious and irrelevant. No comparision and totally different examples all together. Again another attempt to climb out of a hole.
    Second of all, as the great Allen Iverson said, "are we really talkin bout practice?" Yes, practice is important. It is preparation for the big stage. However practice is an entirely different environment than the big stage. It is impossible to simulate. Bottom line is, if you can't get it done on the big stage, practice means nothing. Might as well be on the practice squad if that's your only strong point. (5-22) in the last 27 games is not exactly what I would call a gamer. In reality, due to his abysmal big stage performance, all Orton's practice heroics are meaningless.

Oh now I see where the practice isn't important comes from your posts spiralism
    2. "Tebow is not ready"

According to what? it can't be his above average performance in the 3 regular season games last year. It can't be his 108 passer rating this preseason. What evidence is being used as the basis of this argument? If practice is the answer, see number 1.

According to the guys who pick the team i.e the Coaches after they pick the team.
    Additionally, we've all seen Elway's, or Vick's, or Manning's, first year numbers. Why isn't Tim given the same opportunity to make mistakes and grow? Why is Cam Newton, who played much more poorly in preseason than Tebow has played, being given a shot to make mistakes and grow? Why is Andy Dalton? Why is Colt Mccoy?

All of these examples are a pointless example of a comparision also. All of the QBs mentioned here were drafted to start right away. Coaches decided to take a chance on these guys but the important part is drafted to start. Tebow was drafted as a project by McDaniels who wait for it is gonzo.

Lastly, and here is the ultimate question to those infected with Ortonmania, name one journeyman, 7th year Quarterback in the history of the NFL that went 5-19 (or whatever it is) in his last 24 games on a rebuilding team with 3 young Quarterbacks that was still given a chance as well as such high praise and support by the media. Name one. Alex Smith? Surprisingly Smith's record is still better than Orton's in the last 24, and he didn't have 2 young high potential QB's behind him. Other than Smith, who?

The whole "Orton gives us the best chance to win" is regurgitated by Ortonmania without any objective support. I have never seen a team with a comparable rebuilding situation as ours ever go to such a length to start an aging journeyman quarterback who has proven nothing year after year while a group of young qb's with potential rot on the bench.

As for this Ortonmania nonsense lets not forget that these same people got bought in by Tebowmania and are only fighting this because of Tebow and the hype he brought with him.

Once again this shows the nonsense that is Broncos fans right now. If you have an opinion against them and Tebow all of a sudden you are sheep following the media. And in their own bias way they discredit people's opinion using irrelevent fact and bad comparisons.

Have to say Im loving all of this tebow/Orton nonsense. Broncos fans are becoming the new Eagles fans. Funny one of my buddies in Philly asked me today what I thought of the Broncos faithfull trying so hard to be Philly fans.

3 above average games last season? He must have been watching a complete different Tim Tebow to the one who was actually playing.

seeing as Passer rating is the real stat with which to measure a QBs performance as opposed to how tight his spiral was, his throwing motion and such like:

Passer rating @ Oakland : 100.5
    Passer rating vs Houston: 89.4
    Passer rating vs SD: 58

Total offensive TDs scored:7

Putting the so called "mendoza line" of QB rating at 80, the only game he played bad in was San Diego, and even still had a lot of positives to his game
    Rushing TD in each game too, so the game he lost to SD and was bad in, he still even put 21 points on the board

Ortons last 3 starts, FWIW:

Passer rating vs Oakland: 72.1
    Passer rating @ Arizona: 27.1
    Passer rating @ Kansas: 46.3

Total offensive TDs: 1

says it all, say all you want about his throwing motion or that he doesn't throw a tight spiral, even the stats are evidence here.

says it all, say all you want about his throwing motion or that he doesn't throw a tight spiral, even the stats are evidence here.

Stats are not evidence of his throwing motion :rolleyes: He has an awkward throwing motion. What it means is if being rushed he wont have time to throw it with his style, add that to his footwork in his drop backs the concerns were he is too slow and it is evident in his play regardless of stats. Don't know where the spiral problem came from dont think that was ever one of the issues. Plenty of NFL QBs with loose spirals. You notice in the last 3 games of last season he played mainly out of gun right? Of course not as your blinkers are on.

Stats are not evidence of his throwing motion :rolleyes: He has an awkward throwing motion. What it means is if being rushed he wont have time to throw it with his style, add that to his footwork in his drop backs the concerns were he is too slow and it is evident in his play regardless of stats. Don't know where the spiral problem came from dont think that was ever one of the issues. Plenty of NFL QBs with loose spirals. You notice in the last 3 games of last season he played mainly out of gun right? Of course not as your blinkers are on.

tongue in cheek mate.

Ok, different approach so. what has he got to do to be good in your eyes?

fwiw, regarding the under pressure argument on a throwing motion, he did ok against Oakland didnt he? as seen in our last 3 encounters with them, they're pretty good at bringing pressure

tongue in cheek mate.

Ok, different approach so. what has he got to do to be good in your eyes?

Get proper bench time without the pressure in the background. He needs time to fix the kinks and do what every other Rookie QB does when they join a team with a starter already there. But Josh McDaniels has put Denver in this mess by taking him in the first round, Add that to you Bronco fans marking Orton as the goat and truly buying into Tebowmania or hype or whatever you want to call it he will struggle to fix his kinks.

The sad part is he could be a decent QB in the NFL but with the pressure there and the epic failure that is Denver Fans and Denver themselves I don't see Tebow ever doing well in the NFL unless he leaves to find a program who will work with him. Lets face it Fox and Elway dont want Tebow and even if Orton fails Broncos will draft a start next season that suits Fox/Elway model.

• Advertisement

fwiw, regarding the under pressure argument on a throwing motion, he did ok against Oakland didnt he? as seen in our last 3 encounters with them, they're pretty good at bringing pressure

His 40 yard TD run he was in the gun and his oline made perfect blocks to his outside leaving him a huge hole up the middle. His deep pass to Lloyd he had plenty of time in the pocket. As slow as his dropback was there was no pressure at all on him by the Raiders giving him time to find Lloyd 1 on 1.

But other than that Lloyd long catch his most effective plays were when he was in the gun and you have more time in the pocket and can see the rush coming. He would be well used to it as Florida had him in the gun.

But I tell you though Lloyd made some crazy ass catches in that game including that TD.

seeing as Passer rating is the real stat with which to measure a QBs performance as opposed to how tight his spiral was, his throwing motion and such like:

Passer rating @ Oakland : 100.5
    Passer rating vs Houston: 89.4
    Passer rating vs SD: 58

Total offensive TDs scored:7

Putting the so called "mendoza line" of QB rating at 80, the only game he played bad in was San Diego, and even still had a lot of positives to his game
    Rushing TD in each game too, so the game he lost to SD and was bad in, he still even put 21 points on the board

Ortons last 3 starts, FWIW:

Passer rating vs Oakland: 72.1
    Passer rating @ Arizona: 27.1
    Passer rating @ Kansas: 46.3

Total offensive TDs: 1

I really have no idea where you get that idea. If the guy can't do the basics of being a nfl QB he won't last a season. You can look at his stats and go "wow" all you want but anyone who's watched him play in those game will realise the guy is miles behind what is required to be a QB for a full season. One big problem is Broncos can't run the ball so the play-action is really not an option for them so that leaves Tebow up **** creek as he can't do much else. Do you really think Orton doesn't make that throw to a wide open Lloyd against Chargers? Against the Raiders he threw 1 TD and 138 yards during a full game, yes the rating looks fantastic but how games will teams win with 138 yards of passing while having no rushing game?

No doubt Tebow rushing ability, Broncos could also give him snaps instead the 10 or something but he's very poor before that. Completed 50% of his passes last year, that's shocking and you won't win many games with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Passer rating is overrated

You could throw checkdowns to your running back all day and lots of short dinky passes and clock up a huge passer rating.

But miss the wide open receivers downfield because you don't the ability or the confidence to take a shot downfield. Captain Checkdown, isn't that what the Browns fans called Brady Quinn?

Tis a shame he didn't land in a situation like Matt Flynn or Brian Hoyer or even Ryan Mallett.

Giving up a second, third and fourth was madness.

On a way offtopic note, I'm realy impressed with Brian Hoyer, he'll get a shot in the league someday though I don't know where

• Registered Users Posts: 37,882 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Whats actually amazing is that he got much better protection than Orton got last year. I think thats down to his ability to lead and as I've said before his intangibles cannot be underestimated. Even that time he got them in front in one of those games and runs up to the D which you never see a QB do and then they go out and pick the ball kinda just shows what a great leader can do for a team.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Whats actually amazing is that he got much better protection than Orton got last year. I think thats down to his ability to lead and as I've said before his intangibles cannot be underestimated. Even that time he got them in front in one of those games and runs up to the D which you never see a QB do and then they go out and pick the ball kinda just shows what a great leader can do for a team.

Absolute nonsense. He was sacked 5 times over the 3 games and had it not been for his feet there would have been more. Also don't forget last 3 games of the season and all 3 teams they played were out of the playoff race so the games were for pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,882 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Absolute nonsense. He was sacked 5 times over the 3 games and had it not been for his feet there would have been more. Also don't forget last 3 games of the season and all 3 teams they played were out of the playoff race so the games were for pride.
    So tell us then, what was Orton's average sacks per game over the season? I think 5 times in 3 games is will below the average for Orton. But of course you try and cover yourself there with nonsense. All of those teams were in playoff contention when they met Denver.

So tell us then, what was Orton's average sacks per game over the season? I think 5 times in 3 games is will below the average for Orton. But of course you try and cover yourself there with nonsense. All of those teams were in playoff contention when they met Denver.

5 sacks plus whatever Tebow avoided with his feet. Those 3 games had the same protection Orton had simple as. When the O-line couldn't protect Tebow he was trying to move by foot. Just watch the games again. Also Orton played 90% of his games under centre for the majority, When Tebow took over he was in the gun. Makes a huge difference to to what does and doesn't look like pressure. Tebows intangibles had nothing to do with it. Stop trying to make out his messiah nonsense is making him a better option than Orton.

As for his ability to lead, if he was such a good leader and so good and inspiring his defence how did Denver ship 39 points against Raiders, 23 against Texans and 33 and Chargers?

He was sacked 6 times in 3 games. Also, only 1 of those teams were in play-off contention when they meet. Takes some balls to accuse of someone else talking about nonsense. :pac:

All of those teams were in playoff contention when they met Denver.

Chargers were the only team fighting for the playoffs and even then they needed other results to go their way. And guess what the Chargers won the game and sacked Tebow 3 times and picked him off twice.

So again you want to talk nonsense keep it up but the way I see it the Chargers playoff hopes were in the hand of others and they made Tebow look average at best. This was the worst of his 3 games.

So you keep digging holes with your Tebow man love.

• Advertisement

He was sacked 6 times in 3 games. Also, only 1 of those teams were in play-off contention when they meet. Takes some balls to accuse of someone else talking about nonsense. :pac:

Thanks for noticing the 6th sack :D 6 is defo better than the 5. :D

Advertisement