Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭pedatron

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yep….the time has come.

How many times has a back up QB look like a Hall of Famer against Joe.How many times has an RB racked up over 100yds.

Its happened numerous times.

Couldn’t get near De Vito in the first half which is all I have seen,doubt if the second was any different.

Time to swing the axe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭cosatron

considering that the giants have given up the most sacks this year is saying something. Quay walker being out didn't help but talk about rubbish defence.

We are soft against the run. Joe Barry's teams are soft vs the run. How many good teams are soft against the run? Feckall! It feels so easy what teams do against us at times! That's what frustrates me the most. And they line up Nixon (already after fumbling) vs the only fella that might possibly hurt us then towards the end of the game. Brainless. I’ve maintained for 2+ years that Joe Berry must go. Last night is just another one to add to the references. Made DeVito look like a world-class player. Did ye see the head of his apparent agent?

Absolutely gas to be fair!😂

Just how the packers lost this one is beyond me.

Offence, Defense, and Special teams underperformed.

How they persisted in trying to run laterally from behind the LOS is crazy.Not sealing the edges.

Decent RB needed ….I’m afraid poor AJ is not the answer.. not quick enough.

A third string QB beat us….. what does that say.

We will beat the Bucks the Panthers and Bears……. But not the Vikequeens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭boccers

Interesting post from former Packer Mike Daniels. I only saw highlights so far and it seems they didn't do too badly on Barkley until near the end but made De Vito look like Michael Vick crossed with Lamar Jackson. To be fair to Love, as horrible as he looked at times he also looked quite good again down the stretch when it really mattered and almost stole the win but unfortunately Joe Barry had other ideas.

Yes, very good points, and I agree that over the years the Packers have been poor to average in defense.

They seem to have issues with a slippery mobile QB…. Even a back up or third stringer….(Atl and Nyg)

They seem to overcommit in open field one on ones, and whiff the attempted tackle

They concede far too many third and longs…why?

They don’t seem to have the mentality of every yard you get be prepared to pay for it.

Back to another topic…next weeks game… already a long list of injuries seem to be rising up…mainly offence.

Wouldnt be quite as confident of a win as in a previous post😮

Yea it doesn't look great especially on a short week. Possibly looking at being without Watson, Reed, Wicks, Musgrave and Jones. So no WR1, WR2/3, WR3/4, TE1 and RB1. Even if the Bucs aren't great this would be an impressive win if they can manage it without all of those. Romeo Doubs and Malik Heath career days incoming!?

Hopefully maybe Tucker Kraft and that bible thumping ‘fullback’ Joshua that we have.

Fcuhhkerer needs to earn his corn..’ We have another TE who scored against the Chiefs I think Ben Sims.,, Roll these dudes out.

Surely this is the end of Barry. This is really bad. Mayfield looks like Joe mantana

• Advertisement

Has to be….same old story like forever. Getting gouged up the middle and after Tommy Di dicing us last week, Baker does

the same this week.Has to be changes as Joe Barry’s D ain’t working

The first time ever an opposing QB has had a perfect QB rating in Lambeau apparently and its not like Mayfield is a hall of fame QB.

If La Fleur doesn't act soon on this his own seat will start getting hot. Will today be the day?

god i hope so. I sick of looking at mismatches and our linebackers trying to cover speedy receivers. Like how many times was campbell tasked with covering godwin, it was embarrassing.

Serious heat coming on the Packers management from fans and media to part with Joe Barry

MlF now coming into the issue.

The stats are terrible for Joe… there are numerous examples of being out coached.

Time to move now in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya I agree, it's time to move on. The same issues are popping up year on year. When they aren't being fixed it's time to move on. Could easily have another 3 wins on the board this year if the defense didn't give up some easy yards.

How many times do we have to see a team convert on 3rd and 18 or 20 or a RB walking a team up the field.

If they win the last 3 games its something like 96% chance of making the playoffs. You'd have to say, despite the last two weeks, that there is a decent chance of that happening but also a chance of them losing to the horrendous Panthers this Sunday so I won't be betting on anything Packers related!

Leaving aside the defence, I think if we were offered the progress this year from an offensive point of view I think we all would have taken it. Injuries aside, it is quite exciting to think about what the offense could like like in 2024 and 2025 if the progress continues. With the cap hit from Rodgers off the books and some restructuring there could be a decent enough pot particularly in 2025 to make a good run but all of this will obviously depend on them not having a horrible defence. MLF apparently wants this type of defence so I don't know if we are going to get a massive change but surely he can see that it will be the cost of his own job if he doesn't act appropriately.

I still think the trading of Rasul was a big mistake. He was a leader and set a great example and was worth more to the team and especially the locker room than a 3rd round pick which for the most part have been horrendous in Gutey's time.

Yes, good synopsis, however I can’t see them beat the Vikes at home with JJ suited up based on current defensive performance.

They will have to change the defensive set up for that to happen.

The current set up is not working… that is patently obvious …..same mistakes cropping up every game against less than stellar teams.

In fact I can’t see them beat anyone with the current defensive set up in place.

Jeez…. Two big third downs and 8 conceded down the middle by the Packers in the same drive.

Last minute field goal to win against the worst team. this defence is trash. Young had a career day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

These guys are a mess.

I'd be very afraid if they do stumble into the playoffs.

Happy Xmas.

• Advertisement

I would suggest there is little chance of them beating the Vikes at home.

I would love to get to the playoffs for love and offence to a get a feel for it but I would say we could give up 600 yards on defence

Yes would be a reward for good play under difficult circumstances all season.

A dead rubber against the BEARS AT LAMBEAU would not be a fitting end to the season.

Need to leave everything on the field in the Glasshouse next game and do NOT let JJ beat us or a back up QB have a career game.

Lets go!!!!

Jaire in a spot of bother on 1365 Lombardi Ave.

Suspended for one game.

Apparently made a bollox of the coin toss instructions and shouldn't even have been involved!!!!

Post edited by Brendan Bendar on

Vikings very poor and their defence is trending downwards but still one of the top ranked defences in the league. Really is exciting to think about were this offence can go in the next few years. Love looks more and more like another exceptional pick at QB. The Bears are actually in good form but if u can't beat them at home to get to the playoffs you don't deserve to be in them.

Also still fire Joe Barry.

Let’s hope this will end well.

Fields must be contained, and not given the freedom of Lambeau.

I feel it’s on the D to assert themselves .Bears will not be a pushover, I feel.

Lets goooo

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Play-offs in Love's first year. Who'd have expected that back in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Youngest team in NFL history to make the play offs.

LaFleur deserves some credit now. Playoffs in 3 of his 4 years of him as head coach. Aaron Rodgers usually used as the only reason he was making the playoffs. No Rodgers now and he still gets there.

Hats off to Jordan Love. A very cool customer.

Thought we looked comfortable all game. It flew as well. Barely any flags. Credit to MLF for turning things around. Still don't trust the D at all but our offence gives us a chance in any game. Jones looks fresh and dangerous back from injury. Adds another dimension to our attack. The Cowboys will not be simple but its great to have even gotten this far considering how disappointing the end to last year was.

• Advertisement

Bears seem to be on the rise but the Pack completely outplayed them. He's a dangerous runner but I really hope the Bears decide to pay Fields and not use the no 1 pick on a QB!

From an offensive point of view MLF would have to be up there in coach of the year runnings to bring this team to where they are now. The scary thing is that Love still hasn't had everyone available at the same time. Watson adds a whole other element to the offence and Musgrave will be eased back in but maybe everything will line up for the game in Dallas next week. They'll have no fear and will definitely have a good chance but as was mentioned already I still don't trust the defence so I would be hopeful rather than optimistic. The Cowboys have no recent history of performing in the playoffs and all the pressure will be on them so you never know.

Advertisement