Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Great day for the parish.

Plenty promising players have emerged after a shaky start to the season.

Regardless of result vs. Cowboys, this has been as good as we could have hoped for.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I despaired a bit after the first two BEARS plays in the opening drive

Fields escaped the pocket and in the second or third play hit Kmet for a big play down the middle for a !st down.

However Pack got control after that and despite being on the wrong end of some very tight calls rolled on to the playoffs.

Terrific game from the O and the D.... Going to Jerry's World with plenty of confidence.

Very satisfactory season all round ....except......kicking a bit flaky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭cosatron

Great game and it flew by. I think only 2 penalties in the whole game and some of the decisions that went the bears way was very frustrating, but they found a way. Love made some lovely throws and is very composed. I thought when we went man on man and brought the pressure the d looked good and more comfortable than zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

When you look at the team as a whole and how young it is, it really shows how we had to move on from Rodgers. Whether Love was going to work out or not I don't think sticking with Rodgers was going to work this year. Having Love there gave the young receivers time to adapt to the NFL. With Rodgers there they would have been under a lot more pressure to deliver immediately.

this and the fact that they got rid of allot of finished and below average players in lewis, cobb, lazard and tonyan who were taken up too much playing time last year to appease Rodgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭Blut2

Its the youngest team in NFL history to ever make the playoffs apparently.

And the gap between the Packers offense this year and the next least experienced team in the playoffs this year is about double (!) the number of games started between the players combined.

Put in that light it bodes very very well for the future. If Love can do what hes done in the second half of this season while still inexperienced himself, and with a unit of very inexperienced WRs/TEs, in 2-3 years he should be balling.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭boccers

No matter what happens Sunday its been a very enjoyable year especially the 2nd half and can only be excited for the next few years. Once the cap hits have been fully absorbed and theres a bit of space to play around with there could really be a Superbowl window opening. I think I saw somewhere that Watson, Doubs, Wicks, Reed, Musgrave and Craft only count for a combined $12/13m against the cap next year.

If they do a number on the Cowboys defensively does that mean JB will be back next year? He seems to excel at just doing enough when the writing seems to be on the wall to keep his job.

if we win the superbowl Joe Barry can stay as long he wants😀

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭pedatron

Alexander injured in a 'light' training incident. The man rolled his ankle JOGGING apparently. Missed a combined 9 games this season. Absolute killer amount for a big-time player and name. Hoping he suits up Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

More to this than meets the eye, a cynic might suggest?

He's an erratic personality alright but Jesus you surely have to start your best guys in a playoff game? He's too good when fit to be left out. He loves GB as well even if he's hard to deal with. Doesn't appear salty over his suspension either. Took it on the chin and moved on. We shall wait and see!

I don't think its anything more than a freak accident and I would presume he'll be playing on Sunday but maybe not at 100%. He is a quirky character but I don't doubt his commitment to the Pack at all. There have been a few videos of him in the last week that suggest he is having a great time.

Although there is a lot of inexperience and youth on the offensive side I think the key to success Sunday will be Aaron Jones. He has had great success since he's come back, looks very fresh and has a good record in Dallas. By all accounts their defensive weakness seems to be stopping the run (sounds familiar!) and if Jones can get going it might take the edge off the likes of Parsons and co. He is also from Texas and has had a few playoff blunders in the past that he would love to make up for. He is such a difference maker especially when compared (perhaps unfairly) to Dillon. Every season it seems like they are going to move on from him but I think they will have to find a way to bring Jones back after this season and possibly Preston Smith as well. They have both been very good and are excellent leaders with a lot of experience that will be crucial to the continued development of the young core of the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Leslie Purkiss

do our boys have a chance tonight? I see the bookies have us as heavy underdogs, but definitely going there on the back of positive performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

All set up for a Green Bay Packers smash & grab.

I Love knockout NFL, the game’s have a lot more intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Leslie Purkiss

All set up, particularly given the perennially underachieving opposition!

Nothing to lose. Packers a team with many years left so can give it ago and have plenty of chances to return to the playoffs down the line. All the pressure should be on Dallas. McCarthys job on the line, which is ridiculous with back to back play offs but this is the cowboys and Belichick is available.

As long as we don't give up 3rd and longs I think we will be in it right to the end.

Aaron Jones needs to have a big game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

So far so good.

We are flying it! Love is the real deal. O line giving him great protection. Jones has come to play ball!

This is unreal. Love is playing at an elite level

• Advertisement

He's the real deal. Looks as if we've hit gold again at QB. Hard to believe. What a meltdown from Dak and Dallas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

I'm still not ready to believe, Cowboys get a tud on the opening drive of the second half and my nerves are going to be shot. The wife has told me to keep it down repeatedly.....can't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Next score....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yeah, I can't see how Dallas are going to stop Love (and Jones).

Playing outstanding. Of course Dallas are going to have a purple patch in the game. They are too good not to. Best way to respond to them getting points though is marching straight down the field and getting some on the board ourselves.

Love, Doubs, Jones. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

How young are these young Packers¿

I missed that caption they flashed up showing 1st and 2nd year players but it looked like a load. Was it 18 of them?

Like I said. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

Suh comes across really well. I can imagine he’s as loved in the locker room as he was hated in the opposing stands.

Can I go to bed yet? 🤣

• Advertisement

Well this is tremendous!

Advertisement