Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yeah, I know, don’t know why but feel somehow they could do it.

I admit to have drink taken….

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭boccers

Seems to be some kind of mistake on every play. Even the two touchdowns. 1st one Doubs drops and it deflects to Reed and on the second the O Line is collapsing and Love throws a bad ball but luckily Doubs fought for the ball. Also the way they r playing they can't really afford poor ref decisions like the one on Myers which was baffling.

Dreadful first half... penalties..bad throws..dropped catches..started 4 x three and outs!!!

And still in the game at half time...a bit better second half but a lot of opportunities spurned.

Still allowing the opposition to convert third and long down the middle.

See interview with 23 in the locker room....not a good response from a so called leader.

Yea and he has either been hurt or not played well this year including this week. He said something similar a few weeks ago. As you said not great from one of the veterans.

Apparently GB have a total spend of $88m on offence this year of which $17.5m is going to Bahktiari so its around the $70m mark. The league average is $133m and the Ravens total is almost $190m. A lot of the difference to the average is dead cap but still is it any surprise we are getting what we are when you look at that. Nearly every play has a mistake from at least one of the 11 on the field and MLFs playcalling has not been good either. Unless something changes drastically I don't know that you can even properly evaluate Love in this set up. The whole house is on fire at the moment.

Correct, other teams (not all)had similar problems when a rookie QB comes in.

At least four teams with QB issues went out and got top class Receiver 1 type players and that very much

alleviated the problem and helped the QB bigtime.

Jordan Love has none of this help, in fact it’s a complete replacement of the skill players in Offence with

raw rookies. Very difficult to evaluate a QB based on that scenario and only heaps more pressure on a young player.

Also the O line is shaky with Bahktiari gone so everything is against Love succeeding.

Hard pill to swallow but most teams have to accept a season or two in the doldrums.

Lets hope it pans out well in the future.

• Advertisement

Packers can not lose this game!

They should be out of sight by now , but once again, beating themselves with the stupidest of penalties.

Their defense is well on top, so for fuhherke sake go out and win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Stafford being out made a big difference, I think. Love's completion % was 76.9%. Maybe they'll gain a bit of confidence from this.

Hopefully they will….let’s celebrate a win I suppose.

Cant help the fact they only scored 20 points against a backup QB with minimal experience.

Watson seems to be made of glass, injury prone, not very durable and based on what I’ve seen wont last long in the NFL.

I hope I’m wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 digzy2

Please delete if inappropriate….

I’ve the auld ‘fire stick’ but the packs game on the red zone doesn’t come on till 7…even though it’s starting at 6 for some reason.

i know it’s on cbs but can’t find it under USA regionals ? Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Is there not a list of CBS channels there somewhere, us entertainment CBS locals or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭cosatron

Real growth from love today. Watson needs to be more aggressive and help his qb out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Love did well, makes a big difference when Jones is on offence. O-line did relatively well too.

Awful mess up on extra point leaves you chasing the game.

The lateral call was very poor from officials.

Would be sceptical Watson is gonna be a leading deep threat over next few yrs. Think he's brittle.

much more solid from the Packers in this game. Point after miss cost us possible going into OT

Still too many penalties conceded, but 10 seemed more relaxed and positive.

Took the D too long to figure out the two RBs who cut us apart early on.

Could have won but didn't . Need to change that to 'could have won and did.'

Well big improvement against The Chargers, still plenty of room for improvement though.

Love looked a lot more confident and the receivers despite a few drops did well.

Defense much improved.

Lions will be a big test in Detroit but while I don’t expect a win, would be nice to be in the game with a chance

in the 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Agree Brendan. Love growing more confident. While not perfect it's still a nice steady improvement. If Jones could get a consistent run injury free then a few more wins are definitely on the cards this season.

WR's also seeing a nice improvement also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I wouldn't be getting too excited about a home win over this Chargers side. Herbert is a QB with a very poor record, especially in close games, and they are as big a mess as GB are.

Some signs of life, but the Pack are still woefully short of where they need to be. No way competitive at all.

Wee bit harsh there I feel.

Dont forget they almost totally re structured the team for this season and mostly in the skill positions.

Certainly they won’t do much this season but I feel anyway they have a very good set of players for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Hehe, offense is on fire! For now.

Watson is on. No Wicks or Musgrave. Still have Reed, and now Kraft.

Great win, they came play ball.

That's was awesome. I think we have potentially a very good qb

• Advertisement

Very Impressive win. Despite it being close at the end they really dominated the Lions and the gap could have been bigger.

As with almost everything in the offense, when the O-Line plays well it makes everything else easier but its hard not to be excited about what Love looked like last night.

Is the defence going to do enough for Barry to keep his job yet again? I wouldn't think so but they were good yesterday especially the D-Line against what some were saying was the best O-Line in the NFL. Gary absolutely wrecked them.

I think we may have a team....don't screw up against the Giants Monday night

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭pedatron

Crazy how a few wins in a row can change how you feel about a team. I felt we had a decent shout to keep it close with the Chiefs. They haven't been playing at the level they normally do. 7th seed now which is hard to believe. 3 NFC North teams in the playoff picture which is mad.

Watson damaged the hammy again which doesn't look good. 4 or 5 different injuries to it now since college. You'd imagine he's out for at least one week if not more. Great to see the team showing something regardless of how the season finishes.

Indeed. Hopefully they won't become 'complacent' and take a sucker punch against the rather so called 'weak teams' in the run in.

I'd be a bit concerned that the RB for KC got over 100yds rushing.Seems to be a slippery twitchy type dude who the Packers usually have a problem with.

A dude like Mostert in Miami would rip us apart based on last nights stats.

We can't let one geezer beat us in the next five.

Is this the third year in a row that Joe Barry will have kept his job based on the second half of the season? As Brendan said there is still a massive issue with a certain type of running back but outside that they did very well especially when it mattered and considering the injuries at DB. No matter how the Chiefs are playing they still have Mahomes so to put the clamps on him is impressive.

The last few weeks have been very enjoyable to watch and injuries aside they really look like they have a potentially lethal group of WRs and TEs. Sunday was possibly the best game La Fleur has coached too?

La Fleur has a few well coached games, the win in Arizona with no Adams or Jones was very good also. This giant's game is a worry, it's easy to get up for the Lions and the superbowl champs in Lambeau but a poor Giants on Monday night on a week's rest with Barkley is a Joe Barry disaster waiting to happen.

Yes. That’s a legitimate concern.

They need to keep the good plays going,lock up on defence and do not waste a great win against a good team with a scruffy defeat against a bad football team.

In other words no vital third downs allowed between the hash marks to the opposing TE.

We don’t want to see that ……

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

We owe the Giants one. The game in London last year was the start of the season collapsing. Hopefully that alone keeps them very focused on the game ahead. If the Packers pick up 4 out of 5 it will be a great run. Even if it was 3 out of 5 and we didn't make the playoffs I wouldn't be overly upset as it still has laid some very good foundations for next season with some good picks to come.

Once again a missed field goal is vital in a Packers result.

Havent seen it yet but looks like the D didn’t uphold their side of the deal.

Giants seem to have a number on the Packers.

• Advertisement

over 200 yards on the ground for the giants, a Joe Barry special.

Advertisement