Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya poor finish but still some very promising signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭cosatron

Total malfunction in the 4th quarter. I dont know if I can another season of joe Barry, he is the pits.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

I'm so surprised we've stuck with him this year. It was a glaring issue last season I felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

oh dear....same old, same old.

Whiffed tackles , gouged by big plays down the hashes, had the Falcons trapped near their own goaline early on, third and twenty five or something.

what happens...as I expected...big play down the middle for a huge gain.

There were at least two of those huge plays given up by the Packers in the game...arguably game changing.

Defence unable to get to Ridder only forced one punt !!!!Gouged by Robinson far too easily

Two picks missed.

AJ Dillon is not the answer Aaron Jones badly missed.

I know that's negative and its a new team but that's one we should have won

And another thing, team don't need another season of 'disgruntle'like 69 seems to be starting up.

This stuff needs to be sorted right now, either play if fit or get out of the building.

Next week in Lambeau is a big one to define the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Was going to say it's going to be a hard season on Whelan, because he's gonna get lots of punting done, but now the Saints return a pinrto the house and it's 14-0 Saints.

Could be a short season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Well, well. Big 4th quarter from all concerned. Love's first comeback win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Well that was certainly something after last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Was a great comeback. I'm still looking at this year as one for Love to gain some experience and develop more as a player. For early days I'm happy with what I see and hopefully we continue to see him improve.

To comeback with so much experience out injured was fantastic.

Well that was awesome.

Great result, however a lot of stuff needs to be cleaned up.

Now of course it’s basically a new team so we can’t expect too much, so I would not criticise too much.

Dissapointed with AJ Dillon… I would say his problem is he is not ‘flexible ‘ enough and doesn’t ‘punch his weight’ in battering ram mode.

You can have one or the other of those qualities but he hasn’t either!!

Great to see the Packer receivers win a few contested plays especially in the 4 th.

Love did make a few bad throws and certainly made some very good ones.

We seemed to get a sense of ‘freedom’ in the fourth so hopefully the powers that be will have noted that and capitalize on that.

Lions game will be a real tester……let’s hope all the injuries will be sorted out before that.

• Advertisement

Yeah let's hope some starters on offence turn up on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭boccers

I think Dillon isn't elusive enough to be a RB1. He is a battering ram back that seems to be trying to play like he isn't one. The OL injuries don't help either to be fair to him but his days in GB will be numbered unless he picks up the level of his play. A fit Aaron Jones makes a huge difference to the team and I expect him to play tomorrow along with Watson. Will be exciting to watch Love with all his weapons but the injuries to the top end players on the roster is a big worry.

As has been mentioned, I think most people are happy for this to be a learning year but the potential is definitely there already to make the playoffs. Also the longer the Jets keep Zach Wilson in there, the higher GB will be picking in round 2 next year!

It’s going to be a tough one for GB…Last I heard Jones was still questionable and I note the Lions beat the Falcons fairly handily.

They contained Robinson so must have a good D against the run.

Looks like #10 will have to throw a bit.

Apart from his first run vs Atlanta Dillon didn’t do much, doesn’t seem to be able to get up a ‘head of steam’ and break the first tackle.

Definitely a North South runner who doesn’t get too far South!

I’d love to see him do well in GB though.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

I want him gone!

for some reason since Matt lefleuf took over we have an absolute stinker of game each season in terms of preparation and game planning and this was it, a total sh*tshow, run the damn ball and play man coverage. To beat green bay run the ball and throw the underneath stuff.

I watched a bit of this back and I don't know how they could have run the ball much better with that O Line. There's one clip of Dillon being stuffed behind the LOS but the main part of the clip is Royce Newman being pushed backwards like he was a 10 year old. I think a lot of ppl were surprised Newman made the roster this year so the fact that he is now starting is not good. Missing a whole pro bowl calibre side to the line obviously doesn't help but we may never see Bahktiari play again so that may be the new reality. Hopefully Jenkins isn't out too much longer.

Have to agree on Joe Barry. The defence seems to constantly just do enough over the last few years when his job is almost untenable to keep him there but with the number of first round picks on that defence it is actually embarrassing at this stage.

yeah…. What the fuuuerhke..Lions looked like they were playing on a sprung floor…..Packers on a swamp.

Its the same old same old …..getting gouged on huge plays… Lions are good… well coached…both offense and defense.

Defence just can’t hack it…..same stuff every time …poor on one on one open field tackles.

Barry has to go……complete shambles.

Watched the Miami Buffalo game on Sunday and noted the difference between both teams and the Packers.

Faster ,slicker, more slippy, more decisive.

Like the difference between Premier league and League one.

Have to up the tempo and make the plays.

Joe Barry on his last legs in that building and people beginning to look at LaFleur as well.

Its not so much the fact that they are losing, we know they are a young injury ravaged bunch, its the way they are losing.

Tackles being missed, passes dropped, penalties conceded, bad throws... it all adds up.

Lets show a bit of fire for fuuuerhke sakes.

Quite a kind schedule over the next month so wouldn't be surprised if they are 4-3 or even 5-2 despite all these issues. I agree tho that Barry has to go and I think he will as pressure starts to mount on La Fleur and Gutekunst.

Next one is the Raiders who by all accounts are bad.

If the Packers lose anyway badly to them and come up with the same auld faults on defence I would predict curtains for Barry.

Would like to see Rhyan get a run in the OL instead of Newman who appears to be way off the pace.

Hopefully Jenkins will be good to go and Tom's leg injury has cleared up.

There has to be a change of gameplan for the next few games at least ...see what works, as the current set up isn't working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,813 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A fully healthy Jones and Watson gives you a good chance but the loss of Bakhtiari was a huge problem in your last game.

You need to sort out the left tackle spot.

I think an O line with Jenkins in for Newman, Tom fully healthy as well as Runyan Jr(he got hurt on thr first snap last week) would be absolutely fine at least from a pass protection perspective. Newman should be the last on the list at this stage so I would like Rhyan to get a go if anyone else is hurt

I know it's only hypothetical but I've seen it mentioned a few times recently. How different would things have been if Bakhtiari hadn't injured his knee? At least one superbowl appearance?

Well that was a right crock.

Looks like we will have to get used to a painful season.

Only heard the audio…. Where was Rashan Gary….Jaire…van Ness ..Preston Smith in defense?

Where was almost everyone except AJ Dillon in offence.

Not a good outlook but I am prepared for one bad year.

The performance should be better though…

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Christy42

Well for one drive they had Preston Smith trying to cover Adams so that is where he was in defense.

this is a sackable offence in my opinion, how lefleur tolerates barry is beyond me, Smith was lined with Adams and Alexander was lined against a full back, there is something awful wrong with play calling. its a joke.

I am definitely NOT confident of a Packers win against Denver .

Wilson due a big one, feel it could happen Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Least the draft pick gonna be high

thats a positive. Poor all around, i went to bed at half time, the play calling was terrible, they had 2 weeks to sort out our first half sluggishness and still served up the same sh*t. At this stage in love career its obvious that Love is not accurate on the deep ball yet so when keep calling the play, he can't look off safeties yet, so we will have to persevere with the short stuff and run game, i dont know when why leFluer can't see this.

Despite our poor play, a few small things going in our favour could have altered the win loss scenario.

On a roll in the fourth approaching the ‘field goal limit ‘ and Deguara moves in the backfield!!

I would suggest that this team should take the field goals when given to them as their chances

of getting in the end zone have been seen to be problematic.

Defense HAD to get a stop in Denver’s last possession when they led by one….they didn’t.

Dont know why but I’m somehow expecting a much higher quality performance from the Packers next

Sunday.

• Advertisement

Against the Vikes? Who just beat the Niners? I'm as pessimistic as I've ever been.

Advertisement