Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Billy86 wrote: »
    Aaron Jones fan boy right here, happy as Larry. He was a monster on one of the drives apparently.

I moved to Canada yest so missed the game while in the air. Outside of the offense struggling though most signs seem pretty great. Not calling Allen a superstar but he and Buffalo did dismantle the Vikings last week, and while our defense has been very up and down as I said a bit back the ups have been extremely good from what I've seen. Hopefully this is the start of them really beginning to click consistently

Is it true though that we AGAIN abandoned the run game in the second half despite it doing well, and despite the fact we don't want Rodgers even touched while in that brace (and while the passing game was struggling)? Please tell me that wasn't the case, as I read elsewhere that it was.

Also, he's no star and apparently had one or two bad drops last night it's nice to see that Geronimo Allison has developed into a ok boundary receiver since we needed one outside of Davante (or Graham when he splits out).

Night games are no longer impossible on a work night for me... fecking delighted!!!

One of his drops was where he got hit like a car crash put him out with a concussion

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Terrible display by Packers last night.

First half was a total disaster with mistake after mistake.

Packers in jeopardy here, can see MM getting fired soonish if no major improvement.

Other teams are not beating them, they are beating themselves.

Clumpy sluggish in offense, inconsistent in Defense.

Urgent turnaround needed.

Terrible display by Packers last night.

First half was a total disaster with mistake after mistake.

Packers in jeopardy here, can see MM getting fired soonish if no major improvement.

Other teams are not beating them, they are beating themselves.

Clumpy sluggish in offense, inconsistent in Defense.

Urgent turnaround needed.

Kicker left 13 points on the field. One of only 5 kickers in history to miss 5 kicks

Kicker left 13 points on the field. One of only 5 kickers in history to miss 5 kicks

Indoors as well!

Poor Mason, got the yips, however another display like that,or even close, and he will be history

Which would be a shame as he is a Terrific kicker.

A loss against the Niners could see some heads roll.

Crunch time is a comin’

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Blut2

Crosby's performance was so odd. His 12th season, and I can never remember seeing a similar performance from him in that time. His stats are great.

You'd think with that much experience, and his age, it would just be another day at the office for him. Especially in a relatively meaningless early season game, and one indoors at that.

Giving him the last kick of the game to help his confidence was a classy move though, that was good coaching.

• Advertisement

Blut2 wrote: »
    Crosby's performance was so odd. His 12th season, and I can never remember seeing a similar performance from him in that time. His stats are great.

You'd think with that much experience, and his age, it would just be another day at the office for him. Especially in a relatively meaningless early season game, and one indoors at that.

Giving him the last kick of the game to help his confidence was a classy move though, that was good coaching.

Missing two PATs shouldn’t be a confidence issue for someone of his experience.

The snaps and holds all seemed good, even changed his boot,still...no good!

Had to be a technique aberration.

Let’s hope he snaps out of it, but it’s like the guy on the practice green in golf holing everything, the real test is out on the course when the money is on the line.

He had a big slump in 2012 and had the worst field goal percentage in the league, looked like he would be axed, but he bounced back the following season.

He's has 8 or 9 seasons with 6 or more missed fg kicks. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but the nfl as a whole is a one score game. Missing kicks seriously hampers your team. He is now one of only 5 kickers to miss 5 kicks in a game

He's has 8 or 9 seasons with 6 or more missed fg kicks. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but the nfl as a whole is a one score game. Missing kicks seriously hampers your team. He is now one of only 5 kickers to miss 5 kicks in a game

Playing half his games in Lambeau Field in the harshest field conditions arguably.

Look he is an All Pro kicker, did the business, wore the tee shirt.

Took a huge pay cut a few years ago when his form slumped and kept the job.

I’m long enough watching the NFL to know the significance of kicks so I won’t dump on the guy for one disasterous game.

I won’t need to...... he will be cut if he misses two or three next Monday night

But I will definitely support him as a great kicker who had a ‘mare’

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Looked like an exception rather than the rule with Crosby last night. He certainly deserves the chance to bounce back.

• Advertisement

Jim Taylor passed away.

By all accounts, one of the hardest players to have played the game, held franchise one season and overall rushing records for 4 decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Man that game was sickening.

Good game by the defense, offense finally came together....and then Ty just had to be a ****in idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

That one hurts

Genuinely nothing surprises me with this team anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Had to leave in an emergency on rams last scoring drive, didnt even check the score until just now because I knew we were losing.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Had to leave in an emergency on rams last scoring drive, didnt even check the score until just now because I knew we were losing.

What was Monty doing with that bone- headed play.

Good things... D finally stepped up and got pressure

Alexander had a terrific game

O line good and healthy

Receivers good new guys coming through

No stupid penalties.

Dissapointing.. The loss.Another one we could have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Why was Monty even making the return? Take a knee and it gives Rodgers the 2 minute warning to play with. What a twit.

D9Male wrote: »
    Why was Monty even making the return? Take a knee and it gives Rodgers the 2 minute warning to play with. What a twit.

Apparently there was a bust up by him on the sideline regarding his gametime.

Apparently ‘went rogue’ as he allegedly was told to take a knee in the situation he found himself in ie two yards behind the end line.

Got serious shade for the event, very serious shade indeed.

I would suggest that his GB career is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Anyway, it really sets up the NFC North as the most intriguing division in football. Detroit would be a push after their debacle against the Seahawks, but I can see the Pack, Vikes or Bears take the division.

Anyway, it really sets up the NFC North as the most intriguing division in football. Detroit would be a push after their debacle against the Seahawks, but I can see the Pack, Vikes or Bears take the division.

It’s up for anyone who can beat their divisional rivals.

That’s where making the playoffs in this division is situated.

• Advertisement

Clinton-Dix traded to the Redskins. Getting rid of both him and Montgomery, with no new signings, must point to the season being written off already?

Didnt expect dix to be traded, whatd they get for him

A 4th round pick in 2019 for Clinton-Dix and a 7th round pick in 2020 for Montgomery. Nothing hugely valuable, given Rodgers' clock is running out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Apparently there was a bust up by him on the sideline regarding his gametime.

Apparently ‘went rogue’ as he allegedly was told to take a knee in the situation he found himself in ie two yards behind the end line.

Got serious shade for the event, very serious shade indeed.

I would suggest that his GB career is over.
    If true... grand. Sit him for the rest of the year, so long as Jones/Williams and RB and the troop at WR remain fit and in decent form. His contract is up and the end of the year too if I recall, so he can remember that return for years to come, due to getting less money for playing a lot less in a contract year.

EDIT: Wow, missed the trade actually so never mind! Dix was playing decently again this year in my opinion, so I'm guessing his attitude didn't improve. A fourth rounder for a 26 year old all pro athletic safety is a really poor return though, either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Clinton-Dix traded to the Redskins. Getting rid of both him and Montgomery, with no new signings, must point to the season being written off already?

Personally i think both make sense. Montgomery was seeing less and less action and last weekend's fumble has clearly shown friction with him in the team.

In terms of Ha-Ha, it's a shame he's gone given his improved form this year but those upstairs must feel there's enough depth and talent to warrant getting him off the payroll with next year's contract year in mind.

My issue is what we got for both. Montgomery is a versatile asset to any team do I really think a seventh rounder is far too low for him. Circumstances have probably played a big part here and I reckon it was more a case of shipping him off to keep team morale high.

A fourth for Ha-Ha is disappointing. Probably didn't have the market we'd hoped for him because I thought we could get more. On his day (and this year is showing he could return to that) he's brilliant. Shame to lose a first rounder for so little.

Still think we're covered in both positions but would've liked a pass rusher in. We were linked with a few but as often is the case, we weren't successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

A 4th round pick in 2019 for Clinton-Dix and a 7th round pick in 2020 for Montgomery. Nothing hugely valuable, given Rodgers' clock is running out.

A 4th for Ha Ha is a dreadful deal tbh, considering S is probably our 2nd worst position and they got nobody in to replace him. Considering that year after year we end up going into the draft looking for DB's it's just silly that we keep trading them away.

I agree. The talk I've seen elsewhere argues that he'd be in line for a big pay day when his contract is up at the end of the year, so thats why it made sense to get rid of him now before then - in case negotiations broke down and he left in free agency then anyway.

Which might be a decent argument if there was a lot of depth at S, but given the current situation I don't think it is. Even if it required paying him more money to stay it'd be worth it. Because now its going to be a case of blowing draft picks on a probably still quite raw rookie who won't perform for a season or two, or else paying big in the free agency market anyway.

I agree. The talk I've seen elsewhere argues that he'd be in line for a big pay day when his contract is up at the end of the year, so thats why it made sense to get rid of him now before then - in case negotiations broke down and he left in free agency then anyway.

Which might be a decent argument if there was a lot of depth at S, but given the current situation I don't think it is. Even if it required paying him more money to stay it'd be worth it. Because now its going to be a case of blowing draft picks on a probably still quite raw rookie who won't perform for a season or two, or else paying big in the free agency market anyway.
    A player expecting to get paid after serving a ****ty contract. I don't get this league at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭cosatron

I think ha ha coming out and saying he doesn't see himself around next year and a couple of missed assignments and poor coverage were his undoing. He had a great pro year but has done f**I all since. I looking forward to seeing Josh Jones or William's at safety which means Josh Jackson will play more in the slot. I'm delighted Monty got traded it was such a selfish thing to do considering Rodgers was in the mood. Looking forward to Sunday, it will be a defining moment of the season.

• Advertisement

cosatron wrote: »
    I think ha ha coming out and saying he doesn't see himself around next year and a couple of missed assignments and poor coverage were his undoing. He had a great pro year but has done f**I all since. I looking forward to seeing Josh Jones or William's at safety which means Josh Jackson will play more in the slot. I'm delighted Monty got traded it was such a selfish thing to do considering Rodgers was in the mood. Looking forward to Sunday, it will be a defining moment of the season.

Maybe not, it will be an important game,but NEXT SEASON will be the big one

Guttekunst has cleared out a lot of dross and next season will stand or fall on HIS roster.

Word is CD6 was a bit toxic in the locker room. We all know GB don’t tolerate that.... Josh Sitten.. etc etc

Let’s rock on and do it our way.

Advertisement