Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Where do I get the friggin weapons from??
    All I have are a couple of handguns and I'm finding it fairly tricky to kill that boomer lad.

The gun shop only had other handguns but I looked at a video of the boomer part and your man had sniper rifle, machine guns the lot. Did I miss something somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

cambo2008 wrote: »
    All I have are a couple of handguns and I'm finding it fairly tricky to kill that boomer lad.

The gun shop only had other handguns but I looked at a video of the boomer part and your man had sniper rifle, machine guns the lot. Did I miss something somewhere?

You should be finding loads of guns being dropped by enemies when you kill them.
    Also if you do the bullymong fur side mission first you get a choice of a shotgun or sniper rifle

Deano7788 wrote: »

You should be finding loads of guns being dropped by enemies when you kill them.
    Also if you do the bullymong fur side mission first you get a choice of a shotgun or sniper rifle
    I've picked up everything I could so far, didn't see any weapons other than handguns :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Anyone know if save files of different characters, from different steam ids, can put together under one steam id? I'm playing as Zero, and will play TVHM as him when I clear it, but I would like to go straight to TVHM with each of the other characters, rather than have to complete the game with each of them first. Six playthroughs (2xZero, 1 each of the rest and 1xall at lvl 50 with whichever character I like the most) will be enough for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Where abouts are you exactly? If its near the start, i got a good sniper off claptrap for a mission I did plus had couple of other machine guns by that stage.
    Anyone know if save files of different characters, from different steam ids, can put together under one steam id? I'm playing as Zero, and will play TVHM as him when I clear it, but I would like to go straight to TVHM with each of the other characters, rather than have to complete the game with each of them first. Six playthroughs (2xZero, 1 each of the rest and 1xall at lvl 50 with whichever character I like the most) will be enough for me :)

You should be able to but will have issues if you try and save to the steam cloud. I did something similar with mine and steam was giving me sync issues but i just cancelled the message (or said save locally) and now I no longer get any problems. Only issues that may arise will be if your playing somewhere else or you lose your saves but it's easy to make a local backup of that folder :)

• Advertisement

Where abouts are you exactly? If its near the start, i got a good sniper off claptrap for a mission I did plus had couple of other machine guns by that stage.
    Just killed those Boom and Bewm pair.
    Everybody still dropping handguns, I'm thinking it might be a bug at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,883 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You haven't even started yet ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Everybody still dropping handguns, I'm thinking it might be a bug at this stage.

Well they should of dropped grenade mods rather than weapons?:P

Wow yeah you def should be much better weapons by now. Your doing well to have gotten that far using only pistols!!

After I defeated
    Knuckle Dragger, who stole Claptraps eye, there is a container which had a shotgun in it for me,
    then the bandits in the next place had machine gun/shotgun drops and as I mentioned in above post I was given a sniper by claptrap but had option of shotty as well.

I'd create a new character and just run through the start of the game again to see if any different.

Thargor wrote: »
    You haven't even started yet ffs!
    What's your problem??

• Advertisement

Wow yeah you def should be much better weapons by now. Your doing well to have gotten that far using only pistols!!

After I defeated
    Knuckle Dragger, who stole Claptraps eye, there is a container which had a shotgun in it for me,
    then the bandits in the next place had machine gun/shotgun drops and as I mentioned in above post I was given a sniper by claptrap but had option of shotty as well.

I'd create a new character and just run through the start of the game again to see if any different.
    I'm going to start again tomorrow. There has to be something wrong with it.

Well they should of dropped grenade mods rather than weapons?:P
    Yea got them, it's the rest of them that are dropping the handguns.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

It doesn't sound like a bug to me. I was well into the game before i started to see anything other than pea shooters. What level is your character?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Yeah you def should have seen nearly every type of weapon by now bar maybe a rocket launcher. If I were you Id just cut your losses and start over again. Sucks but if you go on more it just seems like things arent going to chnage, chalk it down to a bug but at least you can power through your catch up so shouldnt take as long

Bloodwing wrote: »

It doesn't sound like a bug to me. I was well into the game before i started to see anything other than pea shooters. What level is your character?
    Not sure to be honest, just played for about 2 hours today for the first time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Oh man. I love this skill tree planner.

F1ngers wrote: »

Looks ok but seems like deathtrap does all the work for you... i'd rather gets my hands dirty :)

Do not like that the first skill on far left tree though that increases your reload speed but makes your magazine clip smaller, as most are already too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

After I defeated

I only had pistols at that stage too and ran out of bullets fighting him and had to use melee... :o

d22ontour wrote: »
    I only had pistols at that stage too and ran out of bullets fighting him and had to use melee... :o

I now remembered mine was actually different as I had the Gearbox weapons so I may be getting confused slightly.

It is normal to fight the first boss with only pistols as that's all you find up to that stage but it's just after that fight, when you should find a new shiny weapon
    i got a shotgun, i think!

cambo2008 is at least another 20+ mins after this and is still only finding pistols.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Not sure to be honest, just played for about 2 hours today for the first time.

It's mostly pistols that are available that early in the game. There are a few options though with quest rewards, and if you do the early side missions. Also, go south of the place you have to buy a shield from for the quest. There is a locker there that can give nice weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

It's mostly pistols that are available that early in the game. There are a few options though with quest rewards, and if you do the early side missions. Also, go south of the place you have to buy a shield from for the quest. There is a locker there that can give nice weapons.

Are ya sure? I recall there are side missions with options of snipers or shotguns avail as rewards, another side mission that takes you off to a marauder camp FULL of all different varieties of weapons and a total of 3 different weapon machines between southern shelf, marauder camp and just outside southern shelf. In fact I distinctly remember sniping from hammerlocks roof getting a feel for the snipers on my first play through.

Perhaps he hasnt done any of the side missions but would have passed at least one weapon machine so far even if that is the case. Sure they may be weak but there should be a nice variety at the point he's at right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Mechromancer out today!:D
    So - here's the surprise, Mechromancer for Borderlands 2 is ready about a week earlier than I promised. Oct 9, all platforms. Woo!

https://twitter.com/duvalmagic/status/255540164959559682

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'd like to see a mechanism to bump up a weapons stats in exchange for eridium. Would be a nice way to hold on to your favorite weapon for a few more levels.

Does anybody know what putting badass points into accuracy does? At first I thought it lowers recoil, but there's a stat for that. Does it increase some kind of auto aim? Or lower bullet spread in weapons that shoot multiple rounds at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,303 ✭✭✭✭Penn

grizzly wrote: »
    Does anybody know what putting badass points into accuracy does? At first I thought it lowers recoil, but there's a stat for that. Does it increase some kind of auto aim? Or lower bullet spread in weapons that shoot multiple rounds at a time?

It means the gun will move about less while you're aiming, particularly useful for sniper rifles or other scoped weapons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just hit the twitter to see if there was a link to what the patch i just got was for and saw that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

what exactly does the mechromancer class contain? is it a little girl wandering around who can summon a robot or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,303 ✭✭✭✭Penn

what exactly does the mechromancer class contain? is it a little girl wandering around who can summon a robot or what?

Pretty much seems that way. I wouldn't imagine she's a "little girl" exactly though, she'll still surely be able to use all the same guns and stuff. Melee might be a bit weaker though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

She looks kinda like tiny tina's older sister...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good video on IGN explaining her skill tree. Some pretty cool abilities there.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/10/09/borderlands-2-mechromancer-available-today

Advertisement