Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Borderlands 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Wow yeah you def should be much better weapons by now. Your doing well to have gotten that far using only pistols!!

After I defeated
    Knuckle Dragger, who stole Claptraps eye, there is a container which had a shotgun in it for me,
    then the bandits in the next place had machine gun/shotgun drops and as I mentioned in above post I was given a sniper by claptrap but had option of shotty as well.

I'd create a new character and just run through the start of the game again to see if any different.
    I'm going to start again tomorrow. There has to be something wrong with it.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Just killed those Boom and Bewm pair.
    Everybody still dropping handguns, I'm thinking it might be a bug at this stage.

Well they should of dropped grenade mods rather than weapons?:P
    Yea got them, it's the rest of them that are dropping the handguns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

It doesn't sound like a bug to me. I was well into the game before i started to see anything other than pea shooters. What level is your character?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Yeah you def should have seen nearly every type of weapon by now bar maybe a rocket launcher. If I were you Id just cut your losses and start over again. Sucks but if you go on more it just seems like things arent going to chnage, chalk it down to a bug but at least you can power through your catch up so shouldnt take as long

Bloodwing wrote: »

It doesn't sound like a bug to me. I was well into the game before i started to see anything other than pea shooters. What level is your character?
    Not sure to be honest, just played for about 2 hours today for the first time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Oh man. I love this skill tree planner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

F1ngers wrote: »

Looks ok but seems like deathtrap does all the work for you... i'd rather gets my hands dirty :)

Do not like that the first skill on far left tree though that increases your reload speed but makes your magazine clip smaller, as most are already too small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Wow yeah you def should be much better weapons by now. Your doing well to have gotten that far using only pistols!!

After I defeated
    Knuckle Dragger, who stole Claptraps eye, there is a container which had a shotgun in it for me,
    then the bandits in the next place had machine gun/shotgun drops and as I mentioned in above post I was given a sniper by claptrap but had option of shotty as well.

I'd create a new character and just run through the start of the game again to see if any different.

I only had pistols at that stage too and ran out of bullets fighting him and had to use melee... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

d22ontour wrote: »
    I only had pistols at that stage too and ran out of bullets fighting him and had to use melee... :o

I now remembered mine was actually different as I had the Gearbox weapons so I may be getting confused slightly.

It is normal to fight the first boss with only pistols as that's all you find up to that stage but it's just after that fight, when you should find a new shiny weapon
    i got a shotgun, i think!

cambo2008 is at least another 20+ mins after this and is still only finding pistols.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Not sure to be honest, just played for about 2 hours today for the first time.

It's mostly pistols that are available that early in the game. There are a few options though with quest rewards, and if you do the early side missions. Also, go south of the place you have to buy a shield from for the quest. There is a locker there that can give nice weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

It's mostly pistols that are available that early in the game. There are a few options though with quest rewards, and if you do the early side missions. Also, go south of the place you have to buy a shield from for the quest. There is a locker there that can give nice weapons.

Are ya sure? I recall there are side missions with options of snipers or shotguns avail as rewards, another side mission that takes you off to a marauder camp FULL of all different varieties of weapons and a total of 3 different weapon machines between southern shelf, marauder camp and just outside southern shelf. In fact I distinctly remember sniping from hammerlocks roof getting a feel for the snipers on my first play through.

Perhaps he hasnt done any of the side missions but would have passed at least one weapon machine so far even if that is the case. Sure they may be weak but there should be a nice variety at the point he's at right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Mechromancer out today!:D
    So - here's the surprise, Mechromancer for Borderlands 2 is ready about a week earlier than I promised. Oct 9, all platforms. Woo!

https://twitter.com/duvalmagic/status/255540164959559682

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'd like to see a mechanism to bump up a weapons stats in exchange for eridium. Would be a nice way to hold on to your favorite weapon for a few more levels.

Does anybody know what putting badass points into accuracy does? At first I thought it lowers recoil, but there's a stat for that. Does it increase some kind of auto aim? Or lower bullet spread in weapons that shoot multiple rounds at a time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

grizzly wrote: »
    Does anybody know what putting badass points into accuracy does? At first I thought it lowers recoil, but there's a stat for that. Does it increase some kind of auto aim? Or lower bullet spread in weapons that shoot multiple rounds at a time?

It means the gun will move about less while you're aiming, particularly useful for sniper rifles or other scoped weapons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just hit the twitter to see if there was a link to what the patch i just got was for and saw that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

what exactly does the mechromancer class contain? is it a little girl wandering around who can summon a robot or what?

what exactly does the mechromancer class contain? is it a little girl wandering around who can summon a robot or what?

Pretty much seems that way. I wouldn't imagine she's a "little girl" exactly though, she'll still surely be able to use all the same guns and stuff. Melee might be a bit weaker though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

She looks kinda like tiny tina's older sister...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good video on IGN explaining her skill tree. Some pretty cool abilities there.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/10/09/borderlands-2-mechromancer-available-today

Anyone on PS3 near level 35 want to co-op the Hyperian Slaughter: Round 5.
    It is tough as nails and doing my head in.
    I got as far as round 4 - last enemy was in his base and wouldn't come out. Couldn't kill him to trigger next round.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jesus, looking at the Mechromancer skill tree really makes it look like it would be stupidly easy. Probably fun with the giant robot, but seems kind of OP. Will give it a shot at some stage to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

F1ngers wrote: »
    Anyone on PS3 near level 35 want to co-op the Hyperian Slaughter: Round 5.
    It is tough as nails and doing my head in.
    I got as far as round 4 - last enemy was in his base and wouldn't come out. Couldn't kill him to trigger next round.

I fell off the side and got stuck on a piece of metal in round 1 :confused:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I fell off the side and got stuck on a piece of metal in round 1 :confused:

I got stuck too, couldn't get out - had to restart.

Anyway, got it done - last level was fairly easy I thought.

Mechromancer is there now, apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Othe soundrack of the damn game i am really interested dows not come in with collectors edition.... FFS!!!

Beware the October 9th Patch and DLC (Giant Bomb)
    A friend of mine downloaded the character and the patch and just had his badass rank reset. This particular glitch isn't exactly new, but it seems the new patch and/or DLC might be another trigger for it. After investigating the official forums it would seem he got off lucky. People are reporting losing not just badass ranks, but skins, heads, golden keys, and even their actual character saves. There are also reports of character saves getting corrupted.

No word on how widespread this issue is but I just thought I should get this info out there for anyone playing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

anybody having trouble updating this with Steam? didn't think adding a new character would take so long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

scratch that i just restarted steam as it was downloading at 7kps now its at a healthy 8mbs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The Badass Rank is stored on the Profile Data of PS3, as far a s I know, so keep a back-up of that and your save file.

• Advertisement

Well so far, I think the Mechromancer is powerful. Anarchy stacks pretty much allows you to do 'crit-level' damage to any part of the mobs body (when it reaches high levels). Of course, you have to get close to actually hit, so it's a fair trade-off.
    Sniper rifles when zoomed in still have pretty decent accuracy and medium range, and they are naturally powerful anyway. I was killing badass mobs in 2 hits once I got 150 Anarchy stacks!

Fun class so far. Though I seem to go through ammo much more quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

looking forward to trying her out...
    Only problem is that I'm still only lvl 20 with my Zer0.

Dont want to have 2 characters on the go, it'll take me years to finish the main story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Mr E wrote: »

I was playing last night and decided not to download the patch. Glad i didnt now. Anyone have problems with this patch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-10-next-borderlands-2-dlc-details-leak-headed-to-oasis

Details of DLC apparently revealed by PS3 trophies added by yesterdays update as well as in its Steam files

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Deano7788 wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-10-next-borderlands-2-dlc-details-leak-headed-to-oasis

Details of DLC apparently revealed by PS3 trophies added by yesterdays update as well as in its Steam files

The return of pearlescent weapons?:D

BizzyC wrote: »

Dont want to have 2 characters on the go, it'll take me years to finish the main story

Axton 35
    Salvador 27
    Gaige 22

:o

Not a bad class, powerleveled last night to check out the skill tree. Those would be my favourites in order. Not a fan of Siren or Zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

The return of pearlescent weapons?:D

Is that what they were? i never got any DLC for 1 but some guy gave me the SMG. i later sold it to get the trophy for having 9999999999999 money :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is there a single decent assault rifle in this game? I always had a scoped AR with me in 1, probably my favorite weapon class after sniper rifles but in this you have to choose between decent damage but reloading every 3 shots or else good rate of fire but weak as piss, anyone know where theres a decent assault rifle to be had in a mission? Same goes for shotguns actually, Im not using either this time around.

Thargor wrote: »
    Is there a single decent assault rifle in this game? I always had a scoped AR with me in 1, probably my favorite weapon class after sniper rifles but in this you have to choose between decent damage but reloading every 3 shots or else good rate of fire but weak as piss, anyone know where theres a decent assault rifle to be had in a mission? Same goes for shotguns actually, Im not using either this time around.

I havent found one i couldnt find something wrong with yet. Best bet is to trawl the gun vending machines for a decent AR.
    I'm on commando class in this playthrough and i've found i've used pistols and shotguns more often than not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I havent seen a single elemental AR either apart from a crappy explosive one that I couldnt hit anything with because the bullets were so slow, Id love a decent corrosive AR for the robots.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    I havent seen a single elemental AR either apart from a crappy explosive one that I couldnt hit anything with because the bullets were so slow, Id love a decent corrosive AR for the robots.

Yeah, took a while for me to find any good elemental assault rifles, but even then I mostly thought elemental smgs were better. Less damage, but better fire rate, accuracy and magazine size usually evened it out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got a decent AR from the key chest. It's **** when scoped (as it fires 3 shots in an arc), but when fired from the hip it's decent.

Have 2 AR rifles that do 936 one is caustic and other explosive. For Gunzerking they are immense.

Both gotten from bad ass loaders.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Have 2 AR rifles that do 936 one is caustic and other explosive. For Gunzerking they are immense.

Both gotten from bad ass loaders.

Was playing last night and wishing i'd gone with gunzerker :(

Thanks for the tip about the gun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hey all, kinda stuck. I'm trying to rescue roland(Not gonna spoil), go into the "dungeon" he's in, the one with the big bridge, fight my way to the room with the whirlpool, fight upstairs, completely clear it, but the door to the next passage is closed and from what I can see cant be opened. When I first went near it a large creep spawned, killed him, then nothing.

What am I missing?

I can't remember if the door opens automatically or not.
    Is there a marker on the map to lead you to a switch?

upstairs is the room with switch, downstairs is the way to his cell.It will open sort off when you get there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ED E wrote: »
    Hey all, kinda stuck. I'm trying to rescue roland(Not gonna spoil), go into the "dungeon" he's in, the one with the big bridge, fight my way to the room with the whirlpool, fight upstairs, completely clear it, but the door to the next passage is closed and from what I can see cant be opened. When I first went near it a large creep spawned, killed him, then nothing.

What am I missing?

That door opens by itself as you clear the room , it's the massive circular one? Was the guy's name
    mad mike
    or similar?
    if he spawned then the door should be open as he comes through it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Info on Kotaku about DLC. New rarity level above orange!

• Advertisement

BizzyC wrote: »
    looking forward to trying her out...
    Only problem is that I'm still only lvl 20 with my Zer0.

Hehe...I've 3 characters that have completed the main story on PT1, and am leveling 2 more. 168 hours played in total so far. Considering I've about 100 hours in Torchlight 2 as well...I may have a gaming addiction.

Such an addictive game.

Advertisement