Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Scarinae wrote: »
    Are people quizzing today?

I wouldn't be averse to the idea :) I think serrity's unavailable due to International Gallivanting Antics, but Jack B. Badd and I are around.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Fysh wrote: »
    I wouldn't be averse to the idea :) I think serrity's unavailable due to International Gallivanting Antics, but Jack B. Badd and I are around.

Au contraire, the antics concluded (very) late last night - plus I have a backlog of magazines for you lot, so it's on!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

serrity wrote: »
    Au contraire, the antics concluded (very) late last night - plus I have a backlog of magazines for you lot, so it's on!

Ah, fair enough. I should warn you that as a result of a Secret Quiz Cabal Committee (hereby abbreviated to SQCC, aka "Scusi") this week's quiz-like activities have been deferred until tomorrow night at the Black Lion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Usually I don't deal well with change but an arbitrary date change to tomorrow would actually work well for me. Probably

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Ooh, Secret Quiz Cabal Committee - I like it!

• Advertisement

Although the 'Secret' in the title is now somewhat obsolete...

Reekwind wrote: »
    Although the 'Secret' in the title is now somewhat obsolete...

QUIET, YOU!

What time does the Black Lion quiz kick off?

serrity wrote: »
    What time does the Black Lion quiz kick off?

I think around 8, but I'll ring them at lunch to check and keep ye posted.

Quiz is on, starting at 8. I've booked a table for us from 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I'll be there and I think my OH will be making her quarterly appearance too

Are we migrating to Tuesdays or are we giving NLT a go tonight?

Are we migrating to Tuesdays or are we giving NLT a go tonight?

Jack B. Badd and I can't do tomorrow as we've got cinema tickets, but I got the impression last week that Tuesdays were the way to go because the ladies have the hots for the quizmaster at the Black Lion more convenient for everyone.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm out for tomorrow because I'll be in Edinburgh. I'll probably be out for today as well actually because I need to buy a suitcase and then pack for Edinburgh. Next week I'm in Ireland on Monday, so Tuesday would be better for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I might be able to do tomorrow night's one, will report back when I know :)

Not sure if I can do tomorrow but can definitely do tonight if people fancy taking on the auld lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I can do tonight if we've got the numbers :-)

Will there be a presence tonight then?

Doesn't look like there's much interest...

Yeah I'm still at work and will be for a while longer so won't be making it.

Sorry guys

• Advertisement

No show from me. Feel free to blame the plonker who decided to schedule a 08:00 meeting for tomorrow morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭maggiep2010

Hope it is ok for me to post this here, a fundraising quiz organised by the Irish health charity Mind Yourself:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=477951055612423&set=a.433844166689779.101405.339707972770066&type=1&theater

Good prizes, and a distinctly Irish flavour in each round!!!

Hope it is ok for me to post this here, a fundraising quiz organised by the Irish health charity Mind Yourself:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=477951055612423&set=a.433844166689779.101405.339707972770066&type=1&theater

Good prizes, and a distinctly Irish flavour in each round!!!

With a prize pot like that, I'm definitely in!

Anyone else?

Should be able to make it. Change of scenery!

Yeah I think so. OH may make it too. We could probably get two teams in if we've enough interest.

I'd be up for that too :-)

Should be available for that. Sounds like US-themed fun

Who's definite for this so we can work out how many tables to book?

Unfortunately I'm not going to know until the day. We've had to engage full househunt mode so I have to keep my evenings free.

• Advertisement

I'm househunting too! (4 bed flat if anyone hears of anything nice)

I'm saying yes for Thur. It starts at 8 so I can squeeze any potential viewings before then. :)

Advertisement