Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Sorry for my lack of effort, I'm having a headwreck of a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Quiz tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

I think I'll temporarily come out of retirement for this one, seeing as someone is becoming a crazy cat lady celebrating their birthday today.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Ah bless! I might not be there after all!
    Russia are playing Brazil in Stamford bridge this evening and the little brother is a football nut so if we get tickets that's where we'll be. If ye are at the quiz. We'll try pop in after.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I'll be there (at the quiz, not hanging out with oligarchs)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Update, I'm back in for the quiz this evening. Have pawned off my ticket to my brother's friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Anyone up for pub grub plus quiz in West Hampstead this Sunday afternoon/evening?

We're off to the circus on Sunday evening so won't be able to make it.

I can't make Sunday either, sorry!

Sorry, Munster are in town (not a euphemism) so I'll be drunk and probably in Twickenham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Music pub quiz in the Regent on 18th April saw it in passing on their window today. Can't see it on their website though only the March one.

http://theregentpub.com/entertainment-and-sport/monthly-listings/

Anyone heading this evening?

Anyone heading this evening?

Sorry, not going to make it tonight :-(

Not tonight. Let me know the team names later ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Can't make it this evening. A pity as there's never been a better time for a 'Ding dong the witch is dead' team name

Didn't go when I hadn't heard from anyone before I left work. We def missed out on a topical team name!

Anyone around for this evening?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Anyone around for this evening?

Myself and Jack B. Badd will be along :)

Yes, I shall be in attendance and you'll be glad to know that Gareth has come back from the wilderness and will be hosting it.

Was at the Black Lion one last night, and beat about 18 teams to win the pot ;)

Our team name was a worthy contender for best team name too:

What's the difference between Margaret Thatcher and Jimmy Saville?
    Thatcher didn't like miners*

*I know the spellings are different

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Nice team name! (Inspired by this perhaps?)

• Advertisement

Never seen that pic!

Aaaagh you must have won tonnes of money! Were the aul fellas there? I'll see you later!

Scarinae wrote: »
    Aaaagh you must have won tonnes of money! Were the aul fellas there? I'll see you later!

£80 between three of us. My friend was over from Cork and he used to be on my quiz team there so was our secret weapon ;)

No old fellas either, they must have been put off the last time...

Who fancies defending our crown tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I am toying with the idea of attending. Which admittedly won't be of much help with the title defence

Not tonight I'm afraid. I'll be watching lots of sweaty men beat the crap out of each other at the O2.

Not tonight I'm afraid. I'll be watching lots of sweaty men beat the crap out of each other at the O2.

If it's not wrestling, then what is it? ;)

I'm in! Though we'll probably be slaughtered in the music round

• Advertisement

We'll just hand our pen and paper to the seat where silvervixen normally sits and hope for the best

Advertisement