Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Does anyone do the quiz in The Faltering Fullback on a Mon Night??

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Not that we know of, but you're more than welcome to join us in the North London Tavern in Kilburn if you fancy it?

If not, go down on your tod and join a team for the craic. As I can see from another thread, you already know the Fullback is a cracking spot. Unfortunately i don't get there half as much as I'd like.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Did ye win?

Nah, distant second behind the auld lads. The Doctor Who round really let us down. Didn't disgrace ourselves in music though, 8/10 plus the bonus five points.

Shortlisted for best team name for 'another One Bites the Serb', but lost out to the excellent 'Don't tell your mum what it is yet'.

No Gareth, apparently Dan has introduced a new rule where no team can win three weeks in a row

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

It would definitely have been helpful if one of us actually watched Doctor Who. By the way exiledelbows is a secrete astrologer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

How is he going to impose that rule? If the old guys get the most points, they win. We may whinge about it, but it's tough luck. Hmmmm

Yeah i agree, it's annoying losing to them every week but we beat them too so who cares? Plus our team changes week on week so it's impossible to enforce

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Scarinae wrote: »
    It would definitely have been helpful if one of us actually watched Doctor Who. By the way exiledelbows is a secrete astrologer

This is what happens when myself and Jack B. Badd aren't around...

Edited to add:

Also, exiledelbows secretes astrologers? What? I'm confused :s

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Quiz tonight? Think I might make a special guest appearance...

I'll be there :)

• Advertisement

Aquarius is in the third house so i'll be there

Fysh wrote: »
    Also, exiledelbows secretes astrologers? What? I'm confused :s

Ewwww... What a typo :D

How did it go yesterday? Sorry I didn’t make an appearance, I was resting my retinas (not actually joking :()

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Ewwww... What a typo :D

How did it go yesterday? Sorry I didn’t make an appearance, I was resting my retinas (not actually joking :()

We won, beating the aul fellas. Also for some reason I bought Kinder Eggs and we reverted to childhood.

Were the toys in the kinder eggs as good as the ones from our childhood though? I had bought chocolate kimberleys to bring along, but I don't think they'll last until next Monday. Well done on winning!

Yes, gender-specific and everything. I got a car with a motor!

The two lads got cars and I got a deer that didn't do anything :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

oh deer

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Right gang, it being the bank holiday weekend I suggest we hit the pub quiz in West Hampstead tomorrow night. Anyone interested?

Actually that sounds like an excellent idea, count me in! Is the NLT still on, since it's a bank holiday Monday?

Actually that sounds like an excellent idea, count me in! Is the NLT still on, since it's a bank holiday Monday?

Not sure, I dont think they did one last bank holiday but i'll try and find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

I've reached my year anniversary of living in London and have yet to make it to a quiz. What time does it start and what's the name of the pub? Do I have to wear a dunce's cap if I'm rubbish? :D

I've reached my year anniversary of living in London and have yet to make it to a quiz. What time does it start and what's the name of the pub? Do I have to wear a dunce's cap if I'm rubbish? :D

The Sunday one is on at the Black Lion on West End Lane in West Hampstead, starting sometime after 8. Dunce's caps are entirely optional, as far as I know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Fysh wrote: »
    The Sunday one is on at the Black Lion on West End Lane in West Hampstead, starting sometime after 8. Dunce's caps are entirely optional, as far as I know :)

Cool, not sure until later if I can make it, depending on how plans go, but will drop you a text later if I am coming :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

So do we have a crowd for this? A Sunday quiz sounds so wrong, yet so right at the same time

I'm up for this too. Will see you guys at the Black Lion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Yep, looks like we've a gang for tonight. I've booked a table for half a dozen for 7pm.

I thought the quiz was at 8? I doubt I'll be there for 7, I'm going to have to take the scenic route as not only are the district and H&C lines off but Mile End is closed... Have I ever mentioned that I hate buses?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Half 7 apparently but 8 is more likely alright. We're gonna pop up for a drink or 2 beforehand due to the lack of work tomorrow :-)

Ok great, see you in a couple of hours!

• Advertisement

Look who I found!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbRbpLb5rH4 (round the 50-second mark)

Advertisement