Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Ill be there, feeling a bit better today. Also, the snow has cheered me up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Hmm I wonder what all the team names will be about tonight?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21409149
    In fairness, aren't we the only ones who takes a topical name? But no, I won't be there tonight - work and illness have intervened to keep me home

(And wowzers, that's big news)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

What time do people usually meet up there at?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I'm usually there a bit early but the rest tend to arrive at about 8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I'm usually there a bit early but the rest tend to arrive at about 8
    Held up now so can't make it :-( good luck though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

i'm knackered after a busy weekend so i'm going to reluctantly bail, i'm afraid :(

Looks like I'm a one woman quiz-machine again this week...

Joint third out of 5 teams with 56 points, my fellow 3rd place team had five members. The team that won had 8 members so G docked them 5 points which meant that our old (old) rivals won . Quite pleased with myself :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Joint third out of 5 teams with 56 points, my fellow 3rd place team had five members. The team that won had 8 members so G docked them 5 points which meant that our old (old) rivals won . Quite pleased with myself :-)

Ah damnit, the return of G means that the jokey nickname I coined last week would have been a goer - what name did you end up using?

My team were devastated over the Pope's resignation so are in mourning. I'm not that bothered.

Won best team name ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

So was there a crowd back?

There were 5 teams including the giant one so the room was pretty full, which was a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

A little off topic, but back home I was mad for watching the chase on UTV, went on to their site and they're accepting applications, I sent one off, could be a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cms12

I'd be interested in going to one of these quizes
    Are ye still looking for more team members?

Anyone going to join me this week?

cms12 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in going to one of these quizes
    Are ye still looking for more team members?

Yes of course. Silvervixen84 will be along tonight so drop her a PM but basically we meet upstairs in the North London Tavern at 8pm.

Sorry I'm not going to make it tonight. Just realised i'm woefully underprepared for the Lake District in February so need to go buy too much adventure-style gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cms12

Sounds good, I won't be able to make it tonight either but I should be able to make it next Monday!
    Yes of course. Silvervixen84 will be along tonight so drop her a PM but basically we meet upstairs in the North London Tavern at 8pm.

Sorry I'm not going to make it tonight. Just realised i'm woefully underprepared for the Lake District in February so need to go buy too much adventure-style gear.

Won best team name (again):

I feel like Maurice Gibb at a Bee Gees reunion

Also, came 2nd, boo-ya! Guess who beat me again...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Good on ya! How about we suss out one of the Sunday evening quizes this weekend...?

Good on ya! How about we suss out one of the Sunday evening quizes this weekend...?

Yeah, why not. It wasn't GK this week, or even Dan. It was mini Kenneth Brannagh.

I realised when I got home after that I put the wrong Gibb brother in the team name - it should have been Barry. Oh well, no-one noticed last night!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Sorry I wasn't there, I was in Poland!

Scarinae wrote: »
    Sorry I wasn't there, I was in Poland!

Hope you had a great time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Is this still the plan?

Will anyone come to the Monday night one this week though if ye go to the Sunday night one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I think I'd do the Sunday or Monday night one but not both. Tbh this week Monday night would be easier for myself & Fysh. How about we hit the Sunday night quiz next weekend?

Great, suits me better this week to do Mon than Sun too :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

So we're all going tonight? Good, it's settled. I'm going to make a real push to get to this one...

(... even if I'll inevitably fail)

Myself and Jack B. Badd will be there.

Sorry guys. Have to sort out some stuff tonight so can't make it. Should make the beers Saturday though.

• Advertisement

How'd it go?

Advertisement