Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fage 0% Greek Yogurt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Have yet to see it in Tesco either and the one near work is a pretty big one so I'd have assumed it would be there ahead of a lot of others.

For Fage lovers who want to try a cheaper alternative, Liberté is on special in Tesco now at €2 for the 500g pot.

Edit: it definitely is in tesco in Bloomfields but it should be in other Tesco stores as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭mruser2014

For Fage lovers who want to try a cheaper alternative, Liberté is on special in Tesco now at €2 for the 500g pot.

Edit: it definitely is in tesco in Bloomfields but it should be in other Tesco stores as well.

Liberté has zero probiotics.

mruser2014 wrote: »
    Liberté has zero probiotics.

:eek:

How long have I left to live?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

Don't know if its been mentioned but on offer in Dunnes (Henry St) @ €3 for the large tub and €1 for the 170g tubs.

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    Don't know if its been mentioned but on offer in Dunnes (Henry St) @ €3 for the large tub and €1 for the 170g tubs.

Same in Dunnes in Rathmines. Pretty sure the offer is until next Tuesday, the 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jtthom

On my own here but Liberté > Fage for taste.

jtthom wrote: »
    On my own here but Liberté > Fage for taste.

I'll put that to the test next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I find liberte too watery or something..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭mruser2014

:eek:

How long have I left to live?

Just saying you cannot compare the products.
    It has less protein and does not contain any probiotics.
    These are what make Fage such a good product.

• Advertisement

mruser2014 wrote: »
    Just saying you cannot compare the products.
    It has less protein and does not contain any probiotics.
    These are what make Fage such a good product.

Marginally less protein: 0.7g per 100g of a difference.

I'd eat it as a snack or for breakfast. The absence of probiotics doesn't make it less attractive for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Marginally less protein: 0.7g per 100g of a difference.

You would want to be eating serious quantities of it for that to make a difference.
    Liberte is €1.50 in SuperValu at the moment \o/
    I prefer the taste to Fage 0% personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

This may not be of use to anyone unless you're in the UK but the Asda Extra Special 0% Greek Yogurt is incredible!! Get it if you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

much prefer Liberte vs. Fage as well.

Having carried out a statistically valid taste test, I've come to the following conclusion:

I prefer Fage to Liberté. I just prefer the texture and i find it a little more filling.

But the Liberté macros are good and it's on special at the minute so Liberté is on the menu for the time being.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Having carried out a statistically valid taste test, I've come to the following conclusion:

I prefer Fage to Liberté. I just prefer the texture and i find it a little more filling.

But the Liberté macros are good and it's on special at the minute so Liberté is on the menu for the time being.

Big bowl of fage with a scoop of whey mixed in can't be bate for a healthy alternative to desert

Big bowl of fage with a scoop of whey mixed in can't be bate for a healthy alternative to desert

You won't put on weight eating as much of the desert as you can ;)

You won't put on weight eating as much of the desert as you can ;)

Believe it or not I actually mulled over the spelling in my head before typing that..I'm presuming its wrong so haha !!

Or breakfast.

Nom nom.

Or breakfast.

Nom nom.

I had porridge this morning, .. the usual oats and milk into the miocrowave, bit of honey and a kiwi fruit mixed in for flavour.. added in like 2 scoops of fage and my god it was delicious! Highly recommend! Only discovered fage about a fortnight ago but its probably my favourite product at the moment, going through 2/3 500g tubs per week. So versatile also!

And no Im not a rep for fage! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Have yet to see it in Tesco either and the one near work is a pretty big one so I'd have assumed it would be there ahead of a lot of others.
    I have only seen in it Tescos Dundrum, Merrion Centre and Rathfarnham, maybe they are just trialling in certain stores at the moment. Their product placement is all over the shop though, in one of the stores it was placed between all the junk dessert style yoghurts like rolo and crunchie so just saw it by chance !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

groovyg wrote: »
    I have only seen in it Tescos Dundrum, Merrion Centre and Rathfarnham, maybe they are just trialling in certain stores at the moment. Their product placement is all over the shop though, in one of the stores it was placed between all the junk dessert style yoghurts like rolo and crunchie so just saw it by chance !
    I've seen it in a couple of Tescos in Mayo so presume it's everywhere as it was on promo. But they only had one size - the medium one (500g) and only the 0% version in that. It was a very small shelf space, there was just room for a single tub in width and there were two or more stacked on top of, and behind that. But easy to miss unless you knew it was there.

If you can find it the full fat version "Classic" tastes great, failing that the 2% is better than the 0% version. I think Dunnes carry the 2% version.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

leck wrote: »
    I think Dunnes carry the 2% version.

I've only ever seen the 0% in Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The Centra beside pearse st station has the 0% and 'classic' versions. €3.99 for a 500ml tub

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Try it mixed with whey if you haven't.

Basically turns into angel delight stuff.

It's unreal.

Try it mixed with whey if you haven't.

Basically turns into angel delight stuff.

It's unreal.

I know, right!

Did the same with Liberte today and it needed much more whey to make it as thick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I always get a chemical aftertaste from whey mixed with yogurt

Probably because you have a dirty, potty mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Did you accidentally mix in some chemicals??

Or

Are you having a heart attack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I agree, moreso if I add the flavour drops. I mix in natural whey and add berries to kill the aftertaste.

Advertisement