Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fage 0% Greek Yogurt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Have yet to see it in Tesco either and the one near work is a pretty big one so I'd have assumed it would be there ahead of a lot of others.

For Fage lovers who want to try a cheaper alternative, Liberté is on special in Tesco now at €2 for the 500g pot.

Edit: it definitely is in tesco in Bloomfields but it should be in other Tesco stores as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭mruser2014

For Fage lovers who want to try a cheaper alternative, Liberté is on special in Tesco now at €2 for the 500g pot.

Edit: it definitely is in tesco in Bloomfields but it should be in other Tesco stores as well.

Liberté has zero probiotics.

mruser2014 wrote: »
    Liberté has zero probiotics.

:eek:

How long have I left to live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Don't know if its been mentioned but on offer in Dunnes (Henry St) @ €3 for the large tub and €1 for the 170g tubs.

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    Don't know if its been mentioned but on offer in Dunnes (Henry St) @ €3 for the large tub and €1 for the 170g tubs.

Same in Dunnes in Rathmines. Pretty sure the offer is until next Tuesday, the 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jtthom

On my own here but Liberté > Fage for taste.

jtthom wrote: »
    On my own here but Liberté > Fage for taste.

I'll put that to the test next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I find liberte too watery or something..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭mruser2014

:eek:

How long have I left to live?

Just saying you cannot compare the products.
    It has less protein and does not contain any probiotics.
    These are what make Fage such a good product.

• Advertisement

mruser2014 wrote: »
    Just saying you cannot compare the products.
    It has less protein and does not contain any probiotics.
    These are what make Fage such a good product.

Marginally less protein: 0.7g per 100g of a difference.

I'd eat it as a snack or for breakfast. The absence of probiotics doesn't make it less attractive for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Marginally less protein: 0.7g per 100g of a difference.

You would want to be eating serious quantities of it for that to make a difference.
    Liberte is €1.50 in SuperValu at the moment \o/
    I prefer the taste to Fage 0% personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

This may not be of use to anyone unless you're in the UK but the Asda Extra Special 0% Greek Yogurt is incredible!! Get it if you can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

much prefer Liberte vs. Fage as well.

Having carried out a statistically valid taste test, I've come to the following conclusion:

I prefer Fage to Liberté. I just prefer the texture and i find it a little more filling.

But the Liberté macros are good and it's on special at the minute so Liberté is on the menu for the time being.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Having carried out a statistically valid taste test, I've come to the following conclusion:

I prefer Fage to Liberté. I just prefer the texture and i find it a little more filling.

But the Liberté macros are good and it's on special at the minute so Liberté is on the menu for the time being.

Big bowl of fage with a scoop of whey mixed in can't be bate for a healthy alternative to desert

Big bowl of fage with a scoop of whey mixed in can't be bate for a healthy alternative to desert

You won't put on weight eating as much of the desert as you can ;)

You won't put on weight eating as much of the desert as you can ;)

Believe it or not I actually mulled over the spelling in my head before typing that..I'm presuming its wrong so haha !!

Or breakfast.

Nom nom.

Or breakfast.

Nom nom.

I had porridge this morning, .. the usual oats and milk into the miocrowave, bit of honey and a kiwi fruit mixed in for flavour.. added in like 2 scoops of fage and my god it was delicious! Highly recommend! Only discovered fage about a fortnight ago but its probably my favourite product at the moment, going through 2/3 500g tubs per week. So versatile also!

And no Im not a rep for fage! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Have yet to see it in Tesco either and the one near work is a pretty big one so I'd have assumed it would be there ahead of a lot of others.
    I have only seen in it Tescos Dundrum, Merrion Centre and Rathfarnham, maybe they are just trialling in certain stores at the moment. Their product placement is all over the shop though, in one of the stores it was placed between all the junk dessert style yoghurts like rolo and crunchie so just saw it by chance !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

groovyg wrote: »
    I have only seen in it Tescos Dundrum, Merrion Centre and Rathfarnham, maybe they are just trialling in certain stores at the moment. Their product placement is all over the shop though, in one of the stores it was placed between all the junk dessert style yoghurts like rolo and crunchie so just saw it by chance !
    I've seen it in a couple of Tescos in Mayo so presume it's everywhere as it was on promo. But they only had one size - the medium one (500g) and only the 0% version in that. It was a very small shelf space, there was just room for a single tub in width and there were two or more stacked on top of, and behind that. But easy to miss unless you knew it was there.

If you can find it the full fat version "Classic" tastes great, failing that the 2% is better than the 0% version. I think Dunnes carry the 2% version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

leck wrote: »
    I think Dunnes carry the 2% version.

I've only ever seen the 0% in Dunnes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The Centra beside pearse st station has the 0% and 'classic' versions. €3.99 for a 500ml tub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Try it mixed with whey if you haven't.

Basically turns into angel delight stuff.

It's unreal.

Try it mixed with whey if you haven't.

Basically turns into angel delight stuff.

It's unreal.

I know, right!

Did the same with Liberte today and it needed much more whey to make it as thick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I always get a chemical aftertaste from whey mixed with yogurt

Probably because you have a dirty, potty mouth.

Did you accidentally mix in some chemicals??

Or

Are you having a heart attack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I agree, moreso if I add the flavour drops. I mix in natural whey and add berries to kill the aftertaste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Fage Plain Greek yogurt + raspberry Flav drops from Myprotein = raspberry petite filous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I can't find Fage anywhere, so I make do with the following...

250g of Liberte mixed with 25g of MP vanilla impact whey and about 100g of chopped strawberries. I just leave it in the fridge and pick at it throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

Liberte isnt even real greek yogurt is it? It's 'Greek Style'. Disappointing..

me0w wrote: »
    Liberte isnt even real greek yogurt is it? It's 'Greek Style'. Disappointing..

Its macros are pretty good compared with Fage.

Per 100g:
    Fage has 10.3 g of protein, Liberté has 9.6g
    Fage has 0.0g fat. Liberté has 0.1g
    Fage has 4.0g sugar, Liberté has 3.6g

[/disappointment]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

How is this thread still going?

The cat was cuddled in next to me so I had nothing better to do than wander the internet while petting him. I counted 6 times where the posts had a pause of 1 months or more.

Is it really that good? I can't get it in this town but the next time I go to another town I'll have a look for it.

also with the chemical after taste of mixing yoghurt and protein, I've found if you mix in a ratio of 10:1 yoghurt:whey it's much more palatable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

I bought it at the weekend having read so much about it here, the liberte one that is.
    I didn't enjoy the taste at all so added in a quarter of a sachet of hartleys sugar free jelly....yum!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Liberte 500g pots are regularly on sale for 2 euro in Tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Liberte and Fage in a tree ...
    KISSING
    First comes love, second comes marriage, third comes ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Daemonic

JJayoo wrote: »
    Liberte 500g pots are regularly on sale for 2 euro in Tesco
    €1.50 in Super Valu in Celbridge, so may be a similar offer in other Super Valu's.

Fage honey yoghurts is my new breakfast

Fage and whey is my new dessert.

Let's hope this lasts. Loving it at thr moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Have still yet to see Fage anywhere, in any shop i've been to in Dublin over the past few months.

Liberte is every where though. I just want to try Fage once before i die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

It tastes OK, but it's "Greek style" rather than proper Greek yoghurt - it's thickened with milk proteins (not sure if this means dried milk) and yet is still runny when compared to Fage. Fage has a consistency more like sour cream. Also Fage had a much higher protein content and has active cultures. The Duneen yoghurt says it has lactic cultures but no indication if they are just used to make the yoghurt and are killed in the process or if they are still live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭nhg

Just had my first tub of Fage 0% Total..... Only divine....

Haven't been into town since to get more of it. Here looking for a valid reason to go into town for it....

I looked it up on Slimming World about 3 weeks ago and think it said that it was free, tried to look it up again there now to double check but can only find flavoured ones which have syns, only interested in the 0% Total one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Slattsy wrote: »
    Have still yet to see Fage anywhere, in any shop i've been to in Dublin over the past few months.

Liberte is every where though. I just want to try Fage once before i die.

Any of the Dunnes stores I've been to stock it, I've bought it in Dunnes Henry street, Georges street, Rathmines, Kilnamanagh, Beacon, Cornelscourt. Mortons in Ranelagh, and Donnybrook Fair also stock it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Bought it in Tesco Clearwater last week, 3.49 for the 500ml tub. It had a new sticker on the shelf and it seems quite popular as I had to reach into the back to get one of the last few remaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I got the last Tub in Tesco in Coonagh Cross, Limerick on Sunday. Good to see it seeping in to some Tesco stores in Limerick. Its obviously flying off the shelves too.

The liberte honey yoghurt is delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Finally got a tub of Fage 0% in Tesco Naas at the weekend, first time I have seem them to stock it & I have been keeping an eye out for months. Special offer price of €3

Mimojo wrote: »
    Finally got a tub of Fage 0% in Tesco Naas at the weekend, first time I have seem them to stock it & I have been keeping an eye out for months. Special offer price of €3

€3 for the 500g tub and €1 for the 170g tub in Dunnes Rathmines.

• Advertisement
Advertisement