Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fage 0% Greek Yogurt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Fage Plain Greek yogurt + raspberry Flav drops from Myprotein = raspberry petite filous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I can't find Fage anywhere, so I make do with the following...

250g of Liberte mixed with 25g of MP vanilla impact whey and about 100g of chopped strawberries. I just leave it in the fridge and pick at it throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

Liberte isnt even real greek yogurt is it? It's 'Greek Style'. Disappointing..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

me0w wrote: »
    Liberte isnt even real greek yogurt is it? It's 'Greek Style'. Disappointing..

Its macros are pretty good compared with Fage.

Per 100g:
    Fage has 10.3 g of protein, Liberté has 9.6g
    Fage has 0.0g fat. Liberté has 0.1g
    Fage has 4.0g sugar, Liberté has 3.6g

[/disappointment]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

How is this thread still going?

The cat was cuddled in next to me so I had nothing better to do than wander the internet while petting him. I counted 6 times where the posts had a pause of 1 months or more.

Is it really that good? I can't get it in this town but the next time I go to another town I'll have a look for it.

also with the chemical after taste of mixing yoghurt and protein, I've found if you mix in a ratio of 10:1 yoghurt:whey it's much more palatable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

I bought it at the weekend having read so much about it here, the liberte one that is.
    I didn't enjoy the taste at all so added in a quarter of a sachet of hartleys sugar free jelly....yum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Liberte 500g pots are regularly on sale for 2 euro in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Liberte and Fage in a tree ...
    KISSING
    First comes love, second comes marriage, third comes ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

JJayoo wrote: »
    Liberte 500g pots are regularly on sale for 2 euro in Tesco
    €1.50 in Super Valu in Celbridge, so may be a similar offer in other Super Valu's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Fage honey yoghurts is my new breakfast

Fage and whey is my new dessert.

Let's hope this lasts. Loving it at thr moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Have still yet to see Fage anywhere, in any shop i've been to in Dublin over the past few months.

Liberte is every where though. I just want to try Fage once before i die.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

It tastes OK, but it's "Greek style" rather than proper Greek yoghurt - it's thickened with milk proteins (not sure if this means dried milk) and yet is still runny when compared to Fage. Fage has a consistency more like sour cream. Also Fage had a much higher protein content and has active cultures. The Duneen yoghurt says it has lactic cultures but no indication if they are just used to make the yoghurt and are killed in the process or if they are still live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭nhg

Just had my first tub of Fage 0% Total..... Only divine....

Haven't been into town since to get more of it. Here looking for a valid reason to go into town for it....

I looked it up on Slimming World about 3 weeks ago and think it said that it was free, tried to look it up again there now to double check but can only find flavoured ones which have syns, only interested in the 0% Total one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Slattsy wrote: »
    Have still yet to see Fage anywhere, in any shop i've been to in Dublin over the past few months.

Liberte is every where though. I just want to try Fage once before i die.

Any of the Dunnes stores I've been to stock it, I've bought it in Dunnes Henry street, Georges street, Rathmines, Kilnamanagh, Beacon, Cornelscourt. Mortons in Ranelagh, and Donnybrook Fair also stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Bought it in Tesco Clearwater last week, 3.49 for the 500ml tub. It had a new sticker on the shelf and it seems quite popular as I had to reach into the back to get one of the last few remaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I got the last Tub in Tesco in Coonagh Cross, Limerick on Sunday. Good to see it seeping in to some Tesco stores in Limerick. Its obviously flying off the shelves too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

The liberte honey yoghurt is delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Finally got a tub of Fage 0% in Tesco Naas at the weekend, first time I have seem them to stock it & I have been keeping an eye out for months. Special offer price of €3

Mimojo wrote: »
    Finally got a tub of Fage 0% in Tesco Naas at the weekend, first time I have seem them to stock it & I have been keeping an eye out for months. Special offer price of €3

€3 for the 500g tub and €1 for the 170g tub in Dunnes Rathmines.

• Advertisement

€3 for the big tub in Tesco in Bloomfields in Dublin Laoghaire now as well. Fage a new introduction to the shelves there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Tesco Celridge has it for the same price too so looks like Tesco are jumping on the Fage bandwagon in most stores. First time I've had it and prefer it to Liberte, but what the hell is with the clear wax paper over the top... that was a surprise when i dug a spoon into my first pot!

Daemonic wrote: »
    what the hell is with the clear wax paper over the top... that was a surprise when i dug a spoon into my first pot!

It's parchment paper. Ever open a yoghurt and there's 'water' sitting on top of the yoghurt? That's whey that's separated out. The parchment paper absorbs the little bit left after straining.

You can eat it for gainz.

Daemonic wrote: »
    Tesco Celridge has it for the same price too so looks like Tesco are jumping on the Fage bandwagon in most stores. First time I've had it and prefer it to Liberte, but what the hell is with the clear wax paper over the top... that was a surprise when i dug a spoon into my first pot!
    As Alf said above it absorbs the whey.

Food Republic have the answer for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Yep, Tesco seems to be stocking it!:) For how long though I don't know. First time I tried it too but I can't say I noticed a different from Liberté though the wax paper surprised me. The Liberté yoghurt doesn't seem to have that, I wonder why?

Yep, Tesco seems to be stocking it!:) For how long though I don't know. First time I tried it too but I can't say I noticed a different from Liberté though the wax paper surprised me. The Liberté yoghurt doesn't seem to have that, I wonder why?
    My local Tesco has had it for months but usually small quantities on the shelf and it takes up very little shelf space so easy to miss it unless you are specifically searching for it. Also available on tesco.ie.

As for the difference between Fage and Liberte, I believe that Tesco only sell "Greek-style" Liberte - it is thickened with skim milk powder: Liberte Strained Greek Style contains Skimmed Milk, Skimmed Milk Powder, Lactic Cultures. By contrast Fage is made from only milk and live cultures. It's thickened naturally by straining it as opposed to many "Greek style" yoghurts that are thickened by the addition of starch. I notice that Liberte doesn't promise that it has live cultures.

I wish the full-fat version of Fage was available here. It tastes much nicer than the 0% version.

leck wrote: »
    My local Tesco has had it for months but usually small quantities on the shelf and it takes up very little shelf space so easy to miss it unless you are specifically searching for it. Also available on tesco.ie.

As for the difference between Fage and Liberte, I believe that Tesco only sell "Greek-style" Liberte - it is thickened with skim milk powder: Liberte Strained Greek Style contains Skimmed Milk, Skimmed Milk Powder, Lactic Cultures. By contrast Fage is made from only milk and live cultures. It's thickened naturally by straining it as opposed to many "Greek style" yoghurts that are thickened by the addition of starch. I notice that Liberte doesn't promise that it has live cultures.

I wish the full-fat version of Fage was available here. It tastes much nicer than the 0% version.

Thanks! However, I presumed all yoghurts have active cultures in them regardless?

leck wrote: »

Macro-wise, there isn't a huge difference between Fage 0% and Liberté.

As Greek-style yoghurts go, Libvberté has the best nutritional profile.

Macro-wise, there isn't a huge difference between Fage 0% and Liberté.

As Greek-style yoghurts go, Libvberté has the best nutritional profile.

Yeah I think protein wise there is about 1g difference and sugar is only 1g. Fage has slightly more sugar but also has slightly more protein and they are both zero fat.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

had my first one today, hardly amazing like what everyone on here seems to rave about :rolleyes:

I prefer the DANONE at 1euro less and same amount of protein and taste

maybe its cool to like fage as people on the internet said so :rolleyes:

Advertisement