Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Parcel Motel sent me a mail today about using UK Addresses as well from now on....wonder if that works for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Anyone tried Monster Juice from Artisan yet? I spotted it earlier on this week but didn't order...:(. (Hangs head in shame)

I tested it before it was put up, really nice stuff, I went on to order myself a 30ml bottle, it's out of stock, Paul is having an issue with delivery from a supplier I think, can't wear to get my hands on more, one of the best flavours I've ever vaped.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

I got a bottle of Wingnuts "Cola" and its really nice, it tastes exactly like Haribo Cola Bottles.

I am really fussy when it come to e-liquids, I can never find anything I like. As a result I stick to Vanilla Custard 90% of the time. So, I'm delighted to have found Wingnuts "Cola!" Yummy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Slightly off topic but I hope you Boardies dont mind too much.

I'm just wondering do people charge their batteries via their PC/Laptop or Wall Socket.

I ask because when I charge via PC/Laptop the batteries seem to charge much quicker than via wall socket which to me is surprising. I would have thought wall socket is better.

So guys what do you use, is one method preferable over the other?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Using the same eGo charger/USB cable?

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    Using the same eGo charger/USB cable?

Yes, this one:

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/usbcharger.htm

That's weird. If you were charging one of those passthrough-style eGos with a mini-USB I could see how it might go a bit faster, but using the same charger? Dat cray.

The plug for the wall is the one packaged with the eGo, not one that was packaged with an old 510 battery?

If not, pretend I repeated how cray that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Gillian72 wrote: »
    I got a bottle of Wingnuts "Cola" and its really nice, it tastes exactly like Haribo Cola Bottles.

I am really fussy when it come to e-liquids, I can never find anything I like. As a result I stick to Vanilla Custard 90% of the time. So, I'm delighted to have found Wingnuts "Cola!" Yummy! :)

Took delivery of some Wingnuts Cola also....nail on head with your description, Cola Bottles. I'm liking it a lot, fairly getting through it.

Got some Gummie Bears too and I find it very bland in comparison, needs more sweetness or something. If it vaped like it smelled it would be perfect but that's not the case unfortunately.

grindle wrote: »
    That's weird. If you were charging one of those passthrough-style eGos with a mini-USB I could see how it might go a bit faster, but using the same charger? Dat cray.

The plug for the wall is the one packaged with the eGo, not one that was packaged with an old 510 battery?

If not, pretend I repeated how cray that is.

Yes, Im using the plug that came with the ego starter kit.

So should the wall socket charge and the PC/Laptop charge work exactly the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Jaysus I have some of that gummybears and it's almost unbearably sweet to me, I only use a few drops of it on top of some tobacco flavour. I have had that bottle for a few months though and I'm just getting to the end of it now so maybe they changed it since.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    Jaysus I have some of that gummybears and it's almost unbearably sweet to me, I only use a few drops of it on top of some tobacco flavour. I have had that bottle for a few months though and I'm just getting to the end of it now so maybe they changed it since.

I thought it was unusual that it was so bland, tastes almost like raw PG/VG on the exhale with a very tiny hint of Gummi bears flavor on the way in. Bad batch perhaps?

iba wrote: »
    ...should the wall socket charge and the PC/Laptop charge work exactly the same?

Yup, the eGo charger is rated to output 420mAh which is no bother for a wall socket and it's just underneath the specs for USB 2.0 (500mAh).

Why aren't we posting this here?

I thought it was unusual that it was so bland, tastes almost like raw PG/VG on the exhale with a very tiny hint of Gummi bears flavor on the way in. Bad batch perhaps?

I got Gummi Bears a while ago, but I didn't like it. I thought it tasted like perfume. :( I love the Gummy Bear sweets, I could scoff them all day long! But I didn't like the e-liquid at all, at all.

I've loads of e-liquids that I don't like/use. I'll post a list during the week to see if anyone wants to do swaps.

The Wingnuts Cola is really nice though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Gillian72 wrote: »
    I got Gummi Bears a while ago, but I didn't like it. I thought it tasted like perfume. :( I love the Gummy Bear sweets, I could scoff them all day long! But I didn't like the e-liquid at all, at all.

I've loads of e-liquids that I don't like/use. I'll post a list during the week to see if anyone wants to do swaps.

The Wingnuts Cola is really nice though! :)

I'll have your gummy bears please Gillian :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

Has anybody tried the Coffee or Toffee/Caramel from the 100ml sale on Barginvaper

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

dar926 wrote: »
    Has anybody tried the Coffee or Toffee/Caramel from the 100ml sale on Barginvaper

Both awful, honestly. I left both to steep for a month but had no improvement - smell and fumes so chemical they could clean a drain.

Vanilla custard, Ry4 and menthol however are great, no problems whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

csi vegas wrote: »
    Both awful, honestly. I left both to steep for a month but had no improvement - smell and fumes so chemical they could clean a drain.

Yeah the RY4 is definitely decent (when I say decent it doesn't have the chemical twist!)

The pineapple and coconut are also a decent shout, nothing spectacular on their own but they're surprisingly good mixed together.

The apple is another one that has that chemical aftertaste, I was gutted because it smells amazing but there is no shaking that bitter and rather unpleasant aftertaste.

Anyway, my latest reviews below, Pink Vaper has also been writing a few alongside...

Latest e-liquid reviews

DublinCJM wrote: »
    I'll have your gummy bears please Gillian :D

Hi Dublin CMJ! :) Can you PM me your address please? I'll post the "Gummy Bear" e~liquid to you. I'd be only too delighted to have a chance to try repay how kind you were to me when I first started vaping. I was so grateful for the testers you sent me, thank~you so much! :)

The "Gummy Bear" is a 10ml bottle, there is 9mls left in the bottle.

I also have a bottle 10ml of Mom & Pops "Purple monkey" that I can send you as well. It is banana and grape flavor. There is 9mls left in the bottle.

Both e~liquids are 18mg nicotine and both bottles have been well steeped. (Shaken well, then lid & stopper taken off for five days and left in a dark press. Then shaken well again and then left for about 3 weeks in dark press with lid & stopper on.)

I would be delighted to see you getting some use of both these e~liquids! Have you tasted "Gummy Bear" yet? Did you not think it tasted like perfume? I'm ridiculously fussy, it gets on my nerves the way I don't like anything. :( I wish I could just snap out of it and enjoy more flavors.......

Hi CSI! :) How are you? Hope your keeping well. Is this the "Vanilla Custard" that you mean:

http://www.bargainvapour.com/HS_Vanilla_Custard_100ml/p1274299_9872540.aspx

Is it nice? Because it is amazingly good value!!! I vap "Vanilla Custard" practically ALL of the time. The only one I've ever tried is Wingnuts Select "Vanilla Custard." Have you tried that one? Is the Bargain Vapour one similar? I was delighted when I found a flavor that I liked, so I stuck with it. But I'm pretty broke, so if I could get something similar to the Wingnuts Select at €13.99 for 100mls I'd jump on it!

I noticed that Bargain Vapour have a few new flavors. The "Bubble Gum" one sounds REALLY yummy!

http://www.bargainvapour.com/HS_BubbleGum_100ml/p1274299_10875170.aspx

Its such amazing value, if I found a flavor that I liked I stick with it. Plus it would be so handy stocking up with big 100ml bottles! :cool:

Bargain Vapour even have sample bottles for sale:

http://www.bargainvapour.com/Samples/cat1274300_1997805.aspx

The samples are only €1.99 per bottle!!!! There is really no excuse for not testing out these flavors!

In fact I'm gonna order a few now! YAY!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

Cheers for that input... I might give it a wide berth for now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

I'm lookin for suggestions people!

Favourites so far are:
    M&P Pchelas Famous 5 Layer
    Highbrow - Cappucino Diablo
    Homemade Kiwi Strawberry
    M&P Pchelas Poison
    Wingnuts - Vampires Kiss
    Wingnuts - Kamikaze

I tried Wingnuts - Pink Tiger and Black Lightning and liked them but thought they could do with a bigger kick.

Wingnuts "Fire and Ice" and "Juicy Fruit Stripe" weren't for me at all.
    Cappasnack was rotten until I mixed it with Pchelas Poison. The taste is now lovely but the Cappasnack smell is a bit overpowering.
    Highbrows 'Chai Tea' is immensely sweet and way too much for me.

Am thinking about a few from M&P: Biancas Bliss, Paradise Delight, Blue Ridge Mist & Red Ridge Mist.

I really want something complex like the Famous 5 Layer though. Coffee/caramel/espresso, strong flavours please.
    If you can suggest anything like that, or opine on the ones from M&P I'm thinking about I'd be most delighted, old boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

@Pique how about some of the Pipe Sauce ones. I particularly like Long Bottom Leaf. Complex liek famous five but more smokey than sweet. heard good things about oak barrel cider too but not tried it. I've also enjoyed Shire Malt like LBF but a bit sweeter.
    LBF and SM are both quite strong flavours but I think they're complex enough that they don't become sickly like the chai tea from Highbrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

@Pique how about some of the Pipe Sauce ones. I particularly like Long Bottom Leaf. Complex liek famous five but more smokey than sweet. heard good things about oak barrel cider too but not tried it. I've also enjoyed Shire Malt like LBF but a bit sweeter.
    LBF and SM are both quite strong flavours but I think they're complex enough that they don't become sickly like the chai tea from Highbrow.

Ah, yes, sorry I left an important point out of my post.

No tobacco flavours.

I tried Honey Tobacco and something else but hated them. I actually thought about the Shire Malt until I saw it was still a tobacco juice.

Thanks though !

For what its worth, I have some 18 mg PipeSauce Oak Barrel Cider and I'm majorly disappointed with it, very mild cider flavor and cannot get any tobacco from it. Tried it in an Aspire, Mini Protank and an IGO-S dripper...and nothing doing with any of them. Sorry I bought it and I'll be sticking to HoL in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

For what its worth, I have some 18 mg PipeSauce Oak Barrel Cider and I'm majorly disappointed with it, very mild cider flavor and cannot get any tobacco from it. Tried it in an Aspire, Mini Protank and an IGO-S dripper...and nothing doing with any of them. Sorry I bought it and I'll be sticking to HoL in the future.

That's odd. I was big into Oak Barrel Cider a while back and thought it had a very strong cider kick with a subtle but full tobacco base. Mostly used in an Aga T.

Ionised wrote: »
    That's odd. I was big into Oak Barrel Cider a while back and thought it had a very strong cider kick with a subtle but full tobacco base. Mostly used in an Aga T.

Much too subtle for my taste, not enough going on with it IMO. Maybe my tastebuds are fried beyond repair after years of rollies!

Compared to the likes off El Toro Cigarillos which I found to be really satisfying, rounded and full of flavor from inhale to exhale the Pipesauce was a disappointment.

While we're on the the subject what flavor from House of Liquid should I try next. Virginia Prime? I'm all out of Cigarillos but wouldn't mind trying more from the range. Gonna chance a 60ml bottle!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Pipesauce-grandpas cough medicine

It doesnt get enough love,its an awesome juice.

While we're on the the subject what flavor from House of Liquid should I try next. Virginia Prime?

If you're good with rebuilding and rewicking often, Virginia Prime's great.

If not, get the Puros. You're stuck at one strength and it's strongstrong @ 24mg but it's still the best juice I've ever had. It's like Cigarillos on speed. And acid. And other lazy similes.

Pipesaice range is weird, they're either bland as fûck or weirdly sickening. Not a fan. Same with everything I've had from Mom & Pops apart from the Praze (which jolted me at first but it gets yummy).

Wingnuts Ankara... Very strange juice. Left it steep for a week to see if it'd mellow out but it's extremely perfumey on the inhale and on the exhale (this is where it got weeeeeird), no word of a lie...it smelt exactly like athlete's foot. I actually had to check my feet and shoes and everything, I was convinced my feet just suddenly sprouted fungus.
    Had a vape... Perfumey... "Can't be this, tastes perfumey!"
    Exhale? Athlete's foot.
    Sorry wingnut!
    Happy birthday to our finest as well. - for your birthday, I gave a juice a bad review.

On the upside, Wingnuts Black Lightning, Blackjack, Ectoplasmic, Juicy Fruit Stripe and Pullman's Peach are all supremely delicious.

Wingnuts blackjack? Where? Can't see on ESI! Or is it that Black lighting is similar to black jacks...was hoping that was the case.

Puros eh, just when I I thought I had settled on Virginia Prime....decisions decisions. Dont mind a bit of rewicking I have ****loads of spare PTII heads, kanthal, silica and organic cotton!

• Advertisement

Strange that it's not on their site, it's in my atty. Maybe they've discontinued it because the Black Lightning is similar (but a bit tastier/layered/fancy words)?

Advertisement