Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I've only used 4 new heads for the minis along with the two that came with each, a 5 pack is €10. I only vape about 2ml a day so your mileage may vary but they've been great for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

jamie72 wrote: »
    Jaysus Heli, you're really going all out being a seller! I still think that package is a pants price compared to the ESI kit though.

Gillian, if you like vanilla custard, you'll love helis cremé brulee.

I really want to focus on E-liquid but thought that I should offer at least one kit.
    I'm not trying to compete with ESI or any other ecig vendor, I couldn't anyway economics of scale and all that.

I Just wanted to offer a good quality reasonably priced kit that should be trouble free for newbies, I buy them here Ireland so there is no big profit in it for me.

I am open to suggestions if there is a better quality kit or components for around the same money.

I hope this post does not break any of the rules, I am still not exactly sure about what I can post (think I'm clear on what I can't post) is there more detail on the rules somewhere.

I miss being able to blab on about whatever :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

ben36 wrote: »
    I'd recommend the t-2s.Always have been reliable for me.The t-3 that i did get was always causing me trouble

As informed as I tried to be before my first purchase it would seem that I still made a mistake.

Ah well. I'll upgrade in a few weeks once I've used the heads up. Although it may take a few months actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Lol... This post was SoooooooOOooo funny

Funny ~ haha or funny ~ peculiar?

Ummm.... maybe I'm best off not knowing the answer to that question. Tee~Hee! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

EGriff wrote: »
    These Triphammer liquids are really growing on me, the fizzyness is weird but nice. I'll be ordering more of the Refresher flavour.

Re: the starter kit above, the difference between the mini protank and the T2 and T3 clearos is huge IMO (haven't tried an evod). I bought that kanger twist starter kit and it leaked like mad after a while. I've been using 2 mini protanks for 6 weeks now and I've had zero leaks and they never dry hit, they don't even gurgle unless you go messing with the wicks. They might be more than twice the price of other clearos but they're not disposable, I've dumped 6 or 7 various others in the bin. Looks the business on those evod batteries too.

I bought 20 heads for my T3 clearomizers but the clearomizer is leaking / gurgling.

Can I use the same heads for the protank mini ?

• Advertisement

fangee wrote: »
    I bought 20 heads for my T3 clearomizers but the clearomizer is leaking / gurgling.

Can I use the same heads for the protank mini ?

The t3s heads are the same, the original t3 heads are very different.
    Which do you have?

Protank heads
    Protankhead-2T.jpg?1366631404

T3s Head
    t3s-2T.jpg?1371088451

Original T3 head and tank
    DiscountVapers.com_T3_bottom_coil_replacable__73451.1351708125.1280.1280.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

EGriff wrote: »
    These Triphammer liquids are really growing on me, the fizzyness is weird but nice. I'll be ordering more of the Refresher flavour.

Re: the starter kit above, the difference between the mini protank and the T2 and T3 clearos is huge IMO (haven't tried an evod). I bought that kanger twist starter kit and it leaked like mad after a while. I've been using 2 mini protanks for 6 weeks now and I've had zero leaks and they never dry hit, they don't even gurgle unless you go messing with the wicks. They might be more than twice the price of other clearos but they're not disposable, I've dumped 6 or 7 various others in the bin. Looks the business on those evod batteries too.

Agree that the protank is way better. I've got two minis, two regular and just got the protank 2 the other day. It's brilliant too.

They are over double the price of the other clearos though. So I think that for newbies who just want to try out vaping that the t3 or evod is a good choice.

Might be better for them in the long run though if they started on a better clearo though....

Point taken :D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

The t3s heads are the same, the original t3 heads are very different.

Are you sure the protank and T3S heads are the exact same Paul?

I was told they were different although they look identical to me.

Couldn't find anything concrete on the net either way when I searched.

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Are you sure the protank and T3S heads are the exact same Paul?

I was told they were different although they look identical to me.

Couldn't find anything concrete on the net either way when I searched.

No I'm not sure, they do look identical but I have not used the t3s so I can't be sure.

http://www.provaping.com/eng/index/item/212/protank-t3s-clearomizer-coil-head

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

My bottle of Wicked's Marlboro Red stuff is getting consigned to the bin. It was the first juice I bought and it's a good job I new it was rubbish or I might have been turned off e cigs.

I got some of "Johnny's Smoke-Less E Cigarette Juice" 24mg Menthol and it's far nicer. No syrupy chemical sugar taste to it. I actually enjoy smoking it. I don't think I'll be going for a cigarette flavour unless it's highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Lyaiera wrote: »
    My bottle of Wicked's Marlboro Red stuff is getting consigned to the bin. It was the first juice I bought and it's a good job I new it was rubbish or I might have been turned off e cigs.

Have you steeped it at all? It's really common to dive right in and vape away on a juice when you first get it and then not be happy with the taste.
    Some juices can be vaped straight away, others desperately need steeping.

I've had a lot of Wicked's liquids and have to say their take on Silk Cut Purple is nothing like SCP, no liquid really can be like a particular cig brand...BUT...with a weeks steeping it became a nice mellow tobacco flavour, far from what it originally tasted like.
    You could add a few drops of something else to it - vanilla, coffee or whatever else you like to blend with it, in the same, lower or zero-nic strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

So finally finished up Orange rain from the heliguyheliguy ( thanks for the sample)

I was using iTaste vv with an iclear 16 clearomiser.

First couple of initial puffs were really quiet strong. After that you get a really orange fizzy drink like after taste. Quiet nice and different from the usual stuff.

Not too strong or too sweet. A vape all day stuff, worth a try if your in the market for something different!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

csi vegas wrote: »
    Have you steeped it at all? It's really common to dive right in and vape away on a juice when you first get it and then not be happy with the taste.
    Some juices can be vaped straight away, others desperately need steeping.

I've had a lot of Wicked's liquids and have to say their take on Silk Cut Purple is nothing like SCP, no liquid really can be like a particular cig brand...BUT...with a weeks steeping it became a nice mellow tobacco flavour, far from what it originally tasted like.
    You could add a few drops of something else to it - vanilla, coffee or whatever else you like to blend with it, in the same, lower or zero-nic strength.

What do you mean by steeping it? I left it soak into the clearomizer, if that's it. If you mean add something to the bottle then I don't have anything I could add. And it's not that it didn't taste like Marlboro Red, it didn't taste like any tobacco at all. It just tasted of chemicals.

Edit: Just Googled it. So it's been sitting on my bedside table for the weekend. I'll leave it another week or so with the occasional shake and see how it goes.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    What do you mean by steeping it? I left it soak into the clearomizer, if that's it. If you mean add something to the bottle then I don't have anything I could add. And it's not that it didn't taste like Marlboro Red, it didn't taste like any tobacco at all. It just tasted of chemicals.

Edit: Just Googled it. So it's been sitting on my bedside table for the weekend. I'll leave it another week or so with the occasional shake and see how it goes.

You've to take the cap off and sit the bottle in a dark place (like in a box/drawer/somewhere it won't be knocked over) for around a week at least, some would let steep for a month.

Adding a little something else really helps too, can prevent a total waste of a salvageable bottle.

A lot of juices, esp cheaper ones will have that 'chemical' taste/smell that's where the steeping comes in - it rids the 'fumes' if you like and makes it settle.
    For closest to tobacco tasting juices most people recommend El Toro Prime, Puros, and something...Naturelle.... Pricey though but another tobacco-like one, Ry4 juices, are made by all juice companies and start off v cheap.
    I get Wicked's one and Bargainvapour's one (Hangsen) which I find perfect, even without steeping. Not everyone would agree with that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Mom and Pops make a lovely RY-4 tobacco. Vaping it right now. Mightn't be for everyone but I hate most RY-4 and I love this. It's quite caramel in taste and 50/50 so plenty of vapour.

Actually, I got some Pchela's Poison from Mom and Pop as well and its gorgeous too. They make real nice juices and there's no chemical hint off them at all.

Mom and Pops make a lovely RY-4 tobacco. Vaping it right now. Mightn't be for everyone but I hate most RY-4 and I love this. It's quite caramel in taste and 50/50 so plenty of vapour.

Actually, I got some Pchela's Poison from Mom and Pop as well and its gorgeous too. They make real nice juices and there's no chemical hint off them at all.

Yeah, Pchela's is to die for although I returned to my mostly full bottle (I was keeping it up for 'good wear') last week after almost eight months and it's really not the same - I'm actually getting a smokey-menthol taste from it now, which neither were present when new.
    Was this too long to leave it? Wasn't steeping btw.
    Also there's no 'use by' date on label so I wasn't to know...

Gonna go a bit mad soon and get loads of M&P concentrates from Leisureliquids.
    Looking forward to their Ry4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

csi vegas wrote: »
    Yeah, Pchela's is to die for although I returned to my mostly full bottle (I was keeping it up for 'good wear') last week after almost eight months and it's really not the same - I'm actually getting a smokey-menthol taste from it now, which neither were present when new.
    Was this too long to leave it? Wasn't steeping btw.
    Also there's no 'use by' date on label so I wasn't to know...

Gonna go a bit mad soon and get loads of M&P concentrates from Leisureliquids.
    Looking forward to their Ry4.

I love five layer cake, I'm tempted to go for the concentrate as well.

I'd be interested if anyone has done this and is it easy to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I love five layer cake, I'm tempted to go for the concentrate as well.

I'd be interested if anyone has done this and is it easy to do?

It's very easy to do. However, I bought the Pchela's Poison and mixed to the specified percentage (20%) and it's not my thing at all. Manky over-roasted coffee taste.
    Tobacco Praze turned out perfect though... Delicious ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

My "Creme Brulee" arrived from Artisan eLiquid yesterday and it is gorgeous. It is different from Wingnuts Vanilla Custard, but its different in a really nice way. Its a nice change.

Creme Brulee has great vapor and great taste! I've very happy with it! :)

I also have "Strawberry Kick" (Thanks Artisan eLiquid:D ) But I haven't tried it yet, I want to get a new clearomizer so I can taste it properly. But it smells divine!!! I can't wait to try it.

Mega fast delivery from Artisan eLiquid, great service all round! Ten out of ten! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

fangee wrote: »
    Nice one.

I got the T3 starter kit about 5 weeks ago but it's gurgling now and I didn't realise why until i read your review.

Can't believe the clearomizers have such a short life span. I've just spent €40 on heads.

I love my T3 as it's small enough to be discrete and holds enough liquid to last me through a 12 hour shift at work without having to even think about refilling it.
    But.......I was having the same problem with the replacement heads I got and it didn't seem to matter where I bought them. They leaked onto my battery and they started to gurgle after just a few puffs.

Until I found this on youtube.

Before I go any further, I just want to say that I was never into the idea of tanks that had to be re-wicked and re-coiled. I only started vaping in Feb/March of this year (initially as a way to try and quit smoking but I like it too much to quit yet :rolleyes:) and I, too, had spent a fortune on heads for my T3 with every second one seeming to be a dud so I was at my wits end.

I now check all my new heads before I use them and if there are any little gaps at the wick, I just place a few strands of extra wicking across the top of the coil to plug the gaps. And - VOILA! - I have heads I can use without any problem. Then when they get gunked up, I can remove the extra wicking, dry burn them, replace that extra wicking with new strands, and off I go again.

And when they do I die, I just re coil them.
    Initially I thought it was going to be difficult for someone like me who has about two thumbs on each hand, but, once I got the first one out of the way, I was away on a hack. I don't have anything to check the ohms on but find that 5 to six wraps does the trick and gives me a brand new head with lots of vapour that lasts as long, if not longer, than the original one.
    And I save myself a fortune on replacement heads. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

El Toro - Eden

Looking to forward to trying this as I thought it'd be Cigarillos with a hint of apple, but the apple is way too strong, it's basically an apple vape.

grindle wrote: »
    It's very easy to do. However, I bought the Pchela's Poison and mixed to the specified percentage (20%) and it's not my thing at all. Manky over-roasted coffee taste.
    Tobacco Praze turned out perfect though... Delicious ****.

Did you just buy the concentrate and the base? Did it need any sweeteners or anything else added?

PG/VG, nic base and the concentrate is supposed to be all you need.

I've since watered the Poison down by adding Milk Chocolate and Caramel flavours. Flavours people say the original has but I couldn't detect at all, not even a little. And it still has that undercurrent of badly roasted coffee.
    A Maxwell House drinker wouldn't drink coffee that tasted like it.

I'm going to experiment with different mixes of vg/pg to see if this helps stop my nose running.

Leisure liquids don't state the size of the bottle, but I presume it is 10ml so I could knock up a few 10ml mixes of different strengths etc and then find one that works for me.

A review of my eliquids :) still lqtm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

MaryK666 wrote: »
    I love my T3 as it's small enough to be discrete and holds enough liquid to last me through a 12 hour shift at work without having to even think about refilling it.
    But.......I was having the same problem with the replacement heads I got and it didn't seem to matter where I bought them. They leaked onto my battery and they started to gurgle after just a few puffs.

Until I found this on youtube.

Before I go any further, I just want to say that I was never into the idea of tanks that had to be re-wicked and re-coiled. I only started vaping in Feb/March of this year (initially as a way to try and quit smoking but I like it too much to quit yet :rolleyes:) and I, too, had spent a fortune on heads for my T3 with every second one seeming to be a dud so I was at my wits end.

I now check all my new heads before I use them and if there are any little gaps at the wick, I just place a few strands of extra wicking across the top of the coil to plug the gaps. And - VOILA! - I have heads I can use without any problem. Then when they get gunked up, I can remove the extra wicking, dry burn them, replace that extra wicking with new strands, and off I go again.

And when they do I die, I just re coil them.
    Initially I thought it was going to be difficult for someone like me who has about two thumbs on each hand, but, once I got the first one out of the way, I was away on a hack. I don't have anything to check the ohms on but find that 5 to six wraps does the trick and gives me a brand new head with lots of vapour that lasts as long, if not longer, than the original one.
    And I save myself a fortune on replacement heads. :D
    Wow, that is impressive, am looking forward to learning how to do all of this over the next few months...:) What make/brand of ecig are you using?

A review of my eliquids :) still lqtm

That's absolutely brilliant!!!

"Orry Asty Basteech..."

Fūcking class.

You should've given the heads-up in fairness.

UhRoyshtYeh BawshtYock.

Imagine if he saw that as the explanation, it would've been even better!!!

That's absolutely brilliant!!!

"Orry Asty Basteech..."

Fūcking class.

You should've given the heads-up in fairness.

UhRoyshtYeh BawshtYock.

Imagine if he saw that as the explanation, it would've been even better!!!

Seriously Laughing out load

I did think of trying to spell it phonetically and then thought feck that, I wouldn't know where to start "UhRoyshtYeh BawshtYock" I must save that :D

Took me five minutes of writing and rewriting to get that far, Irish is difficult with the auld phonetics.

• Advertisement

Took me five minutes of writing and rewriting to get that far, Irish is difficult with the auld phonetics.

http://youtu.be/KpyjiRMeN78

Advertisement