Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I've been sitting here trying to sound out Grindles spelling and I couldn't manage it. Annoyingly (even though they save tons of money from being in Ireland) Google translate disables the text to speech function if you select Irish. You'd think they'd spend an afternoon with an Irish speaker and code it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Ah, poor awatch isn't committing himself at all, very Anglicised.

Let the culch take over your whole mouth awatch! THE CULCH!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

MaryK666 wrote: »
    I love my T3 as it's small enough to be discrete and holds enough liquid to last me through a 12 hour shift at work without having to even think about refilling it.
    But.......I was having the same problem with the replacement heads I got and it didn't seem to matter where I bought them. They leaked onto my battery and they started to gurgle after just a few puffs.

Until I found this on youtube.

Before I go any further, I just want to say that I was never into the idea of tanks that had to be re-wicked and re-coiled. I only started vaping in Feb/March of this year (initially as a way to try and quit smoking but I like it too much to quit yet :rolleyes:) and I, too, had spent a fortune on heads for my T3 with every second one seeming to be a dud so I was at my wits end.

I now check all my new heads before I use them and if there are any little gaps at the wick, I just place a few strands of extra wicking across the top of the coil to plug the gaps. And - VOILA! - I have heads I can use without any problem. Then when they get gunked up, I can remove the extra wicking, dry burn them, replace that extra wicking with new strands, and off I go again.

And when they do I die, I just re coil them.
    Initially I thought it was going to be difficult for someone like me who has about two thumbs on each hand, but, once I got the first one out of the way, I was away on a hack. I don't have anything to check the ohms on but find that 5 to six wraps does the trick and gives me a brand new head with lots of vapour that lasts as long, if not longer, than the original one.
    And I save myself a fortune on replacement heads. :D

How stoned is the guy in the video ?

After 4 minutes he starts talking about the colour of the tank. Yeah. Very stoned.

Great information though he could have done it all in 10 minutes to be fair.

The problem I'm having is that I have not stopped smoking for financial reasons and I don't really want to have to do the work myself.

I wonder if the mini protank for the T3 is as good as some people are saying in that it doesn't leak.

Can anybody verify if the protank for the T3 is far superior to the standard tank ? Does the protank ever leak on to the battery ?

I just want a simple " purchase and use" option.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

fangee wrote: »
    How stoned is the guy in the video ?

After 4 minutes he starts talking about the colour of the tank. Yeah. Very stoned.

Great information though he could have done it all in 10 minutes to be fair.

The problem I'm having is that I have not stopped smoking for financial reasons and I don't really want to have to do the work myself.

I wonder if the mini protank for the T3 is as good as some people are saying in that it doesn't leak.

Can anybody verify if the protank for the T3 is far superior to the standard tank ? Does the protank ever leak on to the battery ?

I just want a simple " purchase and use" option.

The pro-tank is as good a clearomizer as you can get, I've not had one leak to date but I don't use it a lot and ever is a long time.
    Leaking is also dependant on the heads make sure you us genuine replacement heads and replace them often.
    I don't know of any atomizer at any price point that is guaranteed to never leak.

The pro-tank is as good a clearomizer as you can get, I've not had one leak to date but I don't use it a lot and ever is a long time.
    Leaking is also dependant on the heads make sure you us genuine replacement heads and replace them often.
    I don't know of any atomizer at any price point that is guaranteed to never leak.

I've been thinking about this as I'm just about to shell out €25-50 on new gear.

Surely the protank is only as good as it's head or replacement heads ?

I've only ever bought from ESI but I find their customer service very poor. I've had at least 4 emails that have gone unreplied from them.

So, I have 20 spare heads for the original T3 tank. Will these heads fit the protank ?

If they do fit then wont I still have the gurgling issue because of my heads rather than the tank itself ?

I just want a hassle free smoke and I'm getting more than a bit fed up constantly playing around with the T3 tank (opening it to tighten the head, sticking paper through it to mop up juice that is coming through the mouthpiece, cleaning juice off the battery) rather than just smoking it.

I'm getting annoyed with the lack of consistent smoke. Every pull seems different to the last pull.

• Advertisement

The t3s heads are the same, the original t3 heads are very different.
    Which do you have?

Protank heads
    Protankhead-2T.jpg?1366631404

T3s Head
    t3s-2T.jpg?1371088451

Original T3 head and tank
    DiscountVapers.com_T3_bottom_coil_replacable__73451.1351708125.1280.1280.JPG

The heads in the first two pics look the same to me.

Are they different ? If so then I think I have 20 of the ones in the 2nd pic.

So I would have to bin them if I get the protank ?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Wow, that is impressive, am looking forward to learning how to do all of this over the next few months...:) What make/brand of ecig are you using?

dePeatrick. I started out with an eGo W but I just couldn't be ar*ed with the fiddly little carto's that seemed to do nothing but leak. :mad:
    I took the eGo battery that came with it and went on to using CE4 and CE5 clearo's with it instead.
    They, too, seemed to leak a lot more than I expected so I moved over to using the Kanger T3 clearos.
    I love the T3's at they hold appx 3ml of liquid if filled to the brim so they last all day without having to refill them. :D
    They're a bit hit-and-miss when it comes to the way they're wicked and some seem to have less wicking than others. As the wick is at the bottom of the tank, this means that they can leak juice onto the top of the battery.
    So, to stop this happening, I add what people are calling a "flavour wick" before I use a new bottom coil.
    I take it apart and add a few (depending on the amount already in there) extra strands of 1mm wicking over the coil, put the whole thing back together, make sure air can still get through, and, TA-DAH!, I have a leak-free T3.
    It's easy to remove the extra wicking to dry burn the coils when they get gunked up and, once all the gunk is burned away, I just replace them with fresh wick.
    Then, when the coil dies, I just re-coil and re-wick the unit and I have a brand new one.
    The most difficult thing about re-coiling the unit, for me, is getting the little rubber grommet back in place on the bottom but it gets easier with practice.

There are a lot of vv mods on the market and even more re-buildable tanks to explore if you want to go down that route but, my advice is to start off small, try the easier/cheaper options first until you find something that suits you. And most of all, enjoy the wonderful world of vaping. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

The heads in the first two pics look the same to me.

Are they different ? If so then I think I have 20 of the ones in the 2nd pic.

So I would have to bin them if I get the protank ?

The t3s heads are interchangeable with the pro tank and vice verse, I have not used them is the only reason why I'm not going to say they are as good. However they may well be.

Tanks leaking or not is also dependent on the tank holding the slight negative pressure created from sucking through it as you vape.
    So even a slight air leak into the tank will cause it to flood like a sob.

This is my theory on why all the plastic ones start to leak after a while; no matter what you do or what head you put in it.

Now I've not done vacuum testing on them or anything like that so I'm prepared to be corrected on this.

I want to buy some 'wick' today to use as extra filling for my T3 heads as advised on other posts to help with leakage and gurgling.

Can anybody advise me what one is suitable from the below link ?

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1844.htm

Also what thickness ?

Doesn't 5 metres seem like a lot ? That's why I'm unsure if its the right product for just re-wicking.

I want to buy some 'wick' today to use as extra filling for my T3 heads as advised on other posts to help with leakage and gurgling.

Can anybody advise me what one is suitable from the below link ?

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1844.htm

Also what thickness ?

Doesn't 5 metres seem like a lot ? That's why I'm unsure if its the right product for just re-wicking.

At €6 for five metres, this is a real bargain. I have some here and it's good stuff.
    Personally, I use the 1mm for topping up the wicking on the T3 coils.
    I find it easier to put a couple of strands of 1mm wick together over the coil rather than having to unwind the 2mm or 3mm which gets fiddly but that's just a personal preference.
    Some coils just need a single strand added while some will need two or sometimes even three and I find it easier to add it on rather than take it away.

Five metres of wick does seem like a lot but you'll be surprised how quickly you'll use it.
    Just make sure to wrap it around a small piece of cardboard when it arrives and store it separately. This stops it getting knotted up or unravelling.
    I'm not a big-time rebuilder - at least not yet - but I do have lots of fiddly little bits and pieces here to work with and I found that the easiest way to be able to lay my hands on something was to keep all my stuff together in one place.
    I got a cheap toolbox from Aldi/Lidl (I can't remember which), some small plastic food-saver boxes from the two euro shop and some press-top sealable sandwich bags.
    Wick, wire and smaller items like drip-tips and adapters go into the plastic boxes to protect them. New coils go in a separate bag as do rebuilt coils and tools like pliers, tweezers and snips all go in the top of the toolbox.
    That way I don't have to go digging around in drawers and cupboards looking for stuff when I need it and it all hides away neatly under the stairs. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

MaryK666 wrote: »
    dePeatrick. I started out with an eGo W but I just couldn't be ar*ed with the fiddly little carto's that seemed to do nothing but leak. :mad:
    I took the eGo battery that came with it and went on to using CE4 and CE5 clearo's with it instead.
    They, too, seemed to leak a lot more than I expected so I moved over to using the Kanger T3 clearos.
    I love the T3's at they hold appx 3ml of liquid if filled to the brim so they last all day without having to refill them. :D
    They're a bit hit-and-miss when it comes to the way they're wicked and some seem to have less wicking than others. As the wick is at the bottom of the tank, this means that they can leak juice onto the top of the battery.
    So, to stop this happening, I add what people are calling a "flavour wick" before I use a new bottom coil.
    I take it apart and add a few (depending on the amount already in there) extra strands of 1mm wicking over the coil, put the whole thing back together, make sure air can still get through, and, TA-DAH!, I have a leak-free T3.
    It's easy to remove the extra wicking to dry burn the coils when they get gunked up and, once all the gunk is burned away, I just replace them with fresh wick.
    Then, when the coil dies, I just re-coil and re-wick the unit and I have a brand new one.
    The most difficult thing about re-coiling the unit, for me, is getting the little rubber grommet back in place on the bottom but it gets easier with practice.

There are a lot of vv mods on the market and even more re-buildable tanks to explore if you want to go down that route but, my advice is to start off small, try the easier/cheaper options first until you find something that suits you. And most of all, enjoy the wonderful world of vaping. :D

Thanks Mary, think I will take your advice and start out small and experiment with the various types of delivery systems that are out there, I envoy vaping way more than smoking tbh....so no chance of returning to cigarettes at all.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Well, been in and out of this thread few months now, and haven't come across this, now it may be there some where, forgive me if it is........... Anyway can anyone tell me the best tobacco flavoured liquid? I use to smoke amber-leaf until I started vaping about 7 months now, I do like some of the 'mildly' sweet caramely flavours, but I do like to have a good tobacco flavoured juice just as often.... I know where to get regular flavours and they're 'ok', but I'd love a REAL G O O D one. Thank You in advance. BTW I like strong flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

http://www.houseofliquid.com/category-s/1840.htm

Virginia Prime'd be the closest to a rolling tobacco there.

Ezsmoke.ie has '1st Choice' as well, the higher PG made it seem dry and more cigarette-y to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

grindle wrote: »
    http://www.houseofliquid.com/category-s/1840.htm

Virginia Prime'd be the closest to a rolling tobacco there.

Ezsmoke.ie has '1st Choice' as well, the higher PG made it seem dry and more cigarette-y to me.

Thanks Grindle, I'll wait for a few more replies and mayb get a few together, if no other recommendations I'll just get a few bottles of Virginia Prime'd, Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

ardle1 wrote: »
    Well, been in and out of this thread few months now, and haven't come across this, now it may be there some where, forgive me if it is........... Anyway can anyone tell me the best tobacco flavoured liquid? I use to smoke amber-leaf until I started vaping about 7 months now, I do like some of the 'mildly' sweet caramely flavours, but I do like to have a good tobacco flavoured juice just as often.... I know where to get regular flavours and they're 'ok', but I'd love a REAL G O O D one. Thank You in advance. BTW I like strong flavours.

Imo Virginia Eden from Esi is nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yes, Eden is nice alright. Sometimes you get the apple flavour and other times its like cigarillos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Has anyone tried Frog pee or any Carr liquids?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Has anyone tried Frog pee or any Carr liquids?

Havn't tried any of them, at a guess Frog Pee might be a variation on a Fat Frog flavor.
    062410-002.jpg
    Ahh brings back some memories, well not memories actually, more a sense of embarrassment ! :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ardle1 wrote: »

t-juice 1st choice is a nice dark flavoured tobacco, kinda cigary. the papillion organic tobacco from houseofliquid.ie is lovely as well, similar to virginia prime but more... tasty where VP is more.. i dunno.. about the experience of the vape rather than the flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

I just started trying Liqua Cola as my everyday flavor and while I like it, I am finding it a bit spicy to use all the time and dries out my mouth a bit.

Can someone recommend a non spicy cola flavor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

always drink lots of water when vaping - i try to keep doing it as i find my throat gets very dry - (heads out to get a pint of water)
    :)
    also its good to drink lots of water always

posted this over on facebook

got some t-juice red astaire earlier in the week with an order
    been vaping it on an off since then and gave it a good half days run yesterday. it is *lovely*
    it's a serious combination of flavours. it's fruity as all hell (site says red berries and black grape, fair enough.. i just get seriously fruity), eucalyptus, aniseed and menthol. you can happily taste every one, the eucalyptus and aniseed in particular work very well together although the aniseed is kinda a background note rather than a full on part of the flavour (which is probably a good thing).
    it's kind of a bitch to get out of atomisers without a wash under a tap but it's damn worth it.

My Trip Hammer liquids arrived yesterday and I was really pleased with the speed of delivery. I ordered five different flavours to try and although I don't think I've found an all day/every day vape in any of them, I was quite delighted with most of the flavours.
    I ordered all of them in 18mg strength and they came in 5ml bottles which, including postage, came in at just around €20. I don't think that was too expensive for samples as it saved me having to buy full 10ml bottles of something I might have hated and that has happened all too often in the past with other e liquid brands.

The first one I tried was the "Fizzy Trifle" and it was like a party on my taste buds. It tasted of old fashioned trifle but with a zingy fizz to it and with creamy, fruity undertones. Plenty of vapour and a good throat hit meant that I stayed with it for several hours and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not sure, because of the fizz, that I could vape it all the time but it's wonderful as a treat and has made it onto my favourite e liquid list.

The second one I tried was the "Blueberry and Apple" and, on first inhale, it had a perfumey, blueberry taste with very little apple smell or taste. While it's not a bad vape, because of the lack of apple flavour or scent in it, it wasn't one of my favourites.

The third one was "Refresher" and if you remember the original sweets, you're going to really love this liquid. It tasted and smelled just like the refresher sweets with that added fizz that made it a great vape. Again, it wouldn't be an all day vape for me but perfect as a treat and I'll be ordering more.

Next I tried "Toffee Apple" and while there was lots of toffee flavour going on, it was lacking in the apple department. A nice, sweet, caramelly, vape that's perfect as a desert vape but again, because of the lack of apple, it wouldn't be an all day vape for me.

Last and not least was the "Tigers Stripe" and I really, really enjoyed it. It was fruity and fizzy and smooth and tasty and very easy to vape. This one easily made it onto my top ten list straight away and the more I vaped it, the more it grew on me. As with all the others, there was a great throat hit and clouds of vapour and I was very impressed.

I'm going to get back on to Tim and order some samples of the others that caught my attention and, based on what I've already sampled, I'm looking forward to trying the flavours named after the sweets and bubble gum.
    They're only available on the website in 10ml or 30ml bottles but if anyone is interested in trying some of the flavours, just send Tim a message through the contact box. I found him to be very helpful and I was impressed with the packaging, speed of delivery and with most of the flavours I have tried so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

dball wrote: »
    always drink lots of water when vaping - i try to keep doing it as i find my throat gets very dry - (heads out to get a pint of water)
    :)
    also its good to drink lots of water always

My throat too with some liquids

t-juice 1st choice is a nice dark flavoured tobacco, kinda cigary. the papillion organic tobacco from houseofliquid.ie is lovely as well, similar to virginia prime but more... tasty where VP is more.. i dunno.. about the experience of the vape rather than the flavour.

I prefer the tobacco flavours too, any more suggestions?

t-juice uk smokes is a lovely tobacco

house of liquid's el toro cigarillos naturales is lovely too, one of the best.. probably the best

liqua american blend is nice enough too

t-juice uk smokes is a lovely tobacco

house of liquid's el toro cigarillos naturales is lovely too, one of the best.. probably the best

liqua american blend is nice enough too

I have seen el toro mentioned a lot, I will definitely try it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi guys! :) Has anyone tried Mom &Pops "Grape Ape!" If so is it nice? I ordered 10ml bottle on Friday along with a 10ml bottle of Wingnuts "Gummy Bears," so hopefully both flavours will be hear on Monday. I was interested to know what people on here think of these two flavours? All that I vap lately is Wingnuts Select "Vanilla Custard," so I'm looking for something nice & new. :)

I've been using old clearomizers this week, I badly need new ones. I normally buy the "CE4 V3." They are my favourite at the moment. I always buy them in the e-cig shop in Mary's Street coz they sell genuine products and in the case of the "CE4 V3" that REALLY makes a big difference. I bought a "CE4 V3" on line recently, it wasn't genuine and the flavour wasn't half as good from it.

Things have been a bit hectic for me recently, so I haven't been able to get into town to buy new CE4 V3's, thats why I'm using the old ones. Anyway, I went to order a "Kanger T3's" or a "Kanger T2" on-line, but both were sold out. :( So, I ended up ordering a "Kanger T5." Has anyone on here used a T5? Is it any good? Are the T2 and T3's better? Which one is best?

Sorry for all the questions (as usual) I always get a bit worried when ordering different products to what I'm use to. Thank-you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I've got a T5, it can be a bit temperamental, but with the right juice and setting it gives a lovely warm vape.

I've never used the t2, but the T3s is great.

• Advertisement

Aren't the T5's very similar to the CE4 and CE5 with long wicks?
    I used to use the CE5 but needed something that would hold more liquid to keep me vaping through 12 hour shifts at work so I use the T3's and I absolutely love them.
    The replacement coil heads can be a bit hit and miss when it comes to leaking and gurgling so I find that it's better to add a little additional wicking on top of the coil before using them, just to be on the safe side, but not packing them so tight that the juice can't wick properly.
    And when you're dry burning them, you can just replace that extra wicking and you're ready to go again.
    The coils last for ages if you dry burn them occasionally to keep them gunk-free and they're not too difficult to re-coil when they do fail.

Advertisement