Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I never want to be one of those ex smokers who gives people grief over it, but last few times we had friends over, we let them smoke in the kitchen - and the stink! eurgh. I almost puked next morning [though, hangover didn't help there] - so from now on they're out to the garden with their stinkies!

Thankfully I'm at that stage, where a drag of an analogue cig would probably make me hurl. yay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I never want to be one of those ex smokers who gives people grief over it, but last few times we had friends over, we let them smoke in the kitchen - and the stink! eurgh. I almost puked next morning [though, hangover didn't help there] - so from now on they're out to the garden with their stinkies!

Thankfully I'm at that stage, where a drag of an analogue cig would probably make me hurl. yay.
    Likewise,i had a drag off a friends smoke a few months back and nearly puked.The smoke was so...dry.And then the horrible smell on my hands all day as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Well to be honest,the high high high majority of juices sold by reputable vendors out there haven't been found to be "harmful".Even the chinese juices such as Dekang and Hangsen are rigorously Lab tested.

these lads here produce a lot of e-liquid for various vendors (including wingnuts and the El Toro stuff as far as i'm aware) in a lab friendly environment.I'm not entirely sure of the complete list but i'm sure people here could also point you in the right direction.

It's a funny old game, I've listened to people slate those lab tested juices,such as Dekang!!

Now cant comment on the industry tested side of things, BUT....
    P.m heliguy, I kid you not his juices are second to none, check out my review on his crème bruleé, I stand by it.. also got a sample of his Oráiste báisteach (orange rain) and I'd be happy to give a similar review with a noticeable taste of orange but not to overpowering.. Oh and super fast shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Tried Paul's strawberry kick. In agr cartotank with lr boge on twist. Very little vapour, no TH at 12mg...taste? I know a lot of people love the stuff but I couldn't vape it. Too much menthol and if I didn't know it is strawberry I would've thought it's some kind of jam. Basically to me it tastes like unknown jam with lots of menthol. Sorry for negative review, I'm probably the only one who didn't like , I'm just trying to give my honest opinion. Have two more Paul's liquids to try, will see how they go. Ps. Sorry Paul, I told you my taste buds are bastards ;)

Well if you know your taste buds are 'bastards', you shouldn't really give a bad review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no disrespect cause we'r all vaper friends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

My "Frankenvape," "Candy Cane," "Mint" and "Cola" all arrived this morning! I'm very like Nonamigo, I find it very hard to find e-liquid I like. I have fussy taste buds. I'm not a fussy person, its just my taste buds.

Anyway, "Frankenvape" is Kiwi and Marshmallow flavour. Is really nice. Its more Kiwi and not so much marshmallow. I love fresh fruit, I could eat fruit all day! But so far I haven't liked any of the fruit flavoured e-liquids I've tried coz the fruit flavours tasted really fake. Frankenvape actually tastes like real fresh kiwi! I guess there is marshmallow in there coz there is a nice touch of sweetness. Frankenvape is one of my new favorite vapes! Only down side is there is a bit too much vapor from it, I'm sitting in a cloud as I type!

I was disappointed with "Candy Cane." Its just a mint flavour. its a nice enough mint flavour, but I was expecting candy flavour. I thought it would be like a stick of rock. Buts its a nice mint.

I haven't tried then two sample bottles that I got from Bargain Vapour yet, I waiting on new clearomizers. I'm dying to try the Cola!!!

I've just come across another e-liquid that I REALLY wanna try! I am seriously addicted to Lucozade! I drink bottles of the stuff! If I don't stop drinking Lucozade (a) My teeth are gonna fall out and (b) I'm gonna fade away into nothing coz Lucozade stops my appetite, so I end up skipping meals.

So, I'm after finding this, has anyone tried it? Is it nice? Does it taste like Lucozade? I've read reviews that says it does! :)

http://www.wavesofvapour.co.uk/IRON_BREW/p1589930_8890286.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Talking about real fruit flavours. ..I just tried a us made liquid called peach tea tobacco from sandsmods.com and this is by far the most realistic peach I have tried! Pipesauce sweet georgian peach is not even close to it. Very very nice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Pchelas Poison - Mom and Pops, gave this a good steep, 10 days I think, it didn't do it any good, all I got was coffee, coffee, coffee, it was so heavy I thought my carto might be bad because I thoight I was getting a burnt taste, nope the carto was fine. Not for a me at all.

Vanilla Custard Supreme - Wingnuts Select, nice stuff, I think I let it steep for like a week, next time I get it I think I'll let it steep for 2, it smelled awesome, and tested pretty good too, but I think it was one of those experiences where the smell was better than the vape, think a bit longer steeping and this will be fab. It's already pretty great.

Strawberry milkshake - Wingnuts premium, a grand vape, nice strawberry flavour, no milkshake though.

Apple sin - Wingnuts premium, this has quickly become a favourite, the apple is nice and tart, tastes something akin to Micky Finns sour apple, and then it's backed up with a kick on cinnamon, a lovely warm vape.

Gillian72 wrote: »

I've just come across another e-liquid that I REALLY wanna try! I am seriously addicted to Lucozade! I drink bottles of the stuff! If I don't stop drinking Lucozade (a) My teeth are gonna fall out and (b) I'm gonna fade away into nothing coz Lucozade stops my appetite, so I end up skipping meals.

So, I'm after finding this, has anyone tried it? Is it nice? Does it taste like Lucozade? I've read reviews that says it does! :)

I wondered that before,as I like lucozade myself, would it work as a juice flavour?

Be careful though, a mate's dad almost died of kidney failure years back - he doesn't drink alcohol, but was addicted to lucozade! He was drinking up to 3 litres per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Chris Dolmeth

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Pchelas Poison - Mom and Pops, gave this a good steep, 10 days I think, it didn't do it any good, all I got was coffee, coffee, coffee, it was so heavy I thought my carto might be bad because I thoight I was getting a burnt taste, nope the carto was fine. Not for a me at all.

I think it's too strong, and I like me strong flavours.
    I ended up mixing about 8ml of it with about 20ml of Cappasnack (which is a weird coffee flavour) and it's mellowed it out nicely and now it's a lovely vape. Much more layered and has saved me from dumping both juices.

I wondered that before,as I like lucozade myself, would it work as a juice flavour?

Be careful though, a mate's dad almost died of kidney failure years back - he doesn't drink alcohol, but was addicted to lucozade! He was drinking up to 3 litres per day.

I never even thought of my liver. I rarely drink alcohol, but I drink about 3 380ml bottles of Lucozade a day. I'm always skipping meals coz of Lucozade. Your comment is the wake up call I needed, thank-you! I'm gonna stop buying Lucozade. Hopefully the Iron Brew e-liquid will be nice, that would help me with my Lucozade cravings.....

Vaping might just save my life in more ways then one! :)

Edit....... Ok, I'm after ordering a bottle. So fingers crossed it works!

• Advertisement

I think it's too strong, and I like me strong flavours.
    I ended up mixing about 8ml of it with about 20ml of Cappasnack (which is a weird coffee flavour) and it's mellowed it out nicely and now it's a lovely vape. Much more layered and has saved me from dumping both juices.

I didn't have anything on hand to mix it with, don't like coffee flavours myself, from the description knew there was coffee in there but there was supposed to be vanilla, caramel etc. as well, there was no such thing, not for me anyway. You would have to be a real coffee lover and a big fan of heavy juices to like this one IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

My Triphammer order arrived today, took about a week to get here.

I've only tried the Wham! so far, its OK but I think it needs a steep or something. I can taste the fizz but not too much else. It produces really thick vapor which is nice.

I couldn't taste much off Orange de sangre either so maybe its something wrong on my end rather than the juices but the ESI flavours I've tried all had plenty taste to them.

I'll try the Refresher later tonight.

I didn't think much of Orange de sangre, traded almost a full bottle of it on here ages ago. But I do know it requires a steep, at least a few days.

The Wham is a subtle-enough flavour, but I definitely get a juicy Wham bar taste, as well as the fiziness. Try a steep and see. Mine is 24mg btw. Maybe that helps bring out the flavour more?

The refresher is tastier IMO.

Just started vaping Kamikaze from Wingnuts today, it is one of the nicest jucies I've had, think I just found my all day vape after trying to find one since I started vaping in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Has anyone tried any of the newest wingnuts select flavours? Am going to give them a try but just wondering what's the opinions on them?

I didn't think much of Orange de sangre, traded almost a full bottle of it on here ages ago. But I do know it requires a steep, at least a few days.

The Wham is a subtle-enough flavour, but I definitely get a juicy Wham bar taste, as well as the fiziness. Try a steep and see. Mine is 24mg btw. Maybe that helps bring out the flavour more?

The refresher is tastier IMO.

Yeah I have the bottle of Orange de sangre for 6 weeks now, cap off steeped for 2 weeks, still can't get much flavour from it. There's a hint of something delicious in there but its way too faint. I should get a dripper and try it in there.

I've been using the Refresher all day and I can get the flavour from it but it's fairly subtle again. It's odd because I get really strong flavour from ESI juices, jungle juice, vampire kiss and gummy bears.

I don't think its the PG/VG mix causing it because highbrow use the same ratio as ESI. The nic level could be it, I usually use 12, the Triphammers are 8.

colly10 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried any of the newest wingnuts select flavours? Am going to give them a try but just wondering what's the opinions on them?

I got some Patriots twist, just leaving it steep for a few days before I try it. It smells pretty good that's about the best I can say for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jerrysmith111

Well as far as reviews are concerned then 3 days back i came across electronic cigarette review .Just check it out as it will be really beneficial for you....

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Well as far as reviews are concerned then 3 days back i came across electronic cigarette review .Just check it out as it will be really beneficial for you....

That site you linked to is obviously an affiliate site which gets paid for the reviews posted on it.

What they do in this case is give the products which have the highest payouts the highest rating reviews.

I wouldn't trust a single review on that site. You'll notice also theres' no about us and no contact information. It's a nameless faceless site for the sole purpose of making money by ranking the e cigs that give the highest payouts at the top. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Hi guys I've been lurking on here for a bit threatening to take up vaping. Anyway looking for a light decent blueberry liquid. Anyone help me out here? :P where to buy etc :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Spam much?

Those V2 cigs are utter sh!te anyway.

I'm just after ordering a bottle of "Creme Brulee" from "Artisan eLiquid!" YIP~EEEeeeee!!! :D:) :cool: :D

http://artisan-eliquid.com/shop/

I've heard some amazing reviews for this e~liquid, so I'm dying to try it! I love "Vanilla Custard" flavor e~liquids, so I'm guessing "Creme Brulee" will be YUMMY!!! :D

Hopefully my Creme Brulee should arrive around Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll let you all know what its like, I've heard that is its gorgeous!

Does anyone know if "Artisan eLiquid" needs to be steeped? And if so how long should I steep it for?

Heliguyheliguy, I set up my account on "Artisan eLiquid" under my own name, but I used my Boyfriends credit card to pay for the e~liquid (Thanks Honey! <3) So the account name changed from my name (Gillian) to my boyfriends name (Trevor.) Its not a problem what name appears on the envelope, I'm just letting you know in-case you can't find my order.

I'm SOooooo excited to try Creme Brulee! YA~WHOooooo....!!! :)

I saw a starter kit on the "Artisan eLiquid" site that seems like amazing value. €45 for:

2 x Kangertech Evod batteries

1 x Protank Mini kit

1 x usb charger

http://artisan-eliquid.com/product/pro-starter-kit/

You just can't go wrong with a great Starter Vaping Kit like that! I heard that the "Protanl Mini Kit" is brilliant! So, I'm sure people will love that starter kit, especially at the amazing price of €45! I'm sure "Artisan eLiquid" is going to do great businesses, congratulations! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Jaysus Heli, you're really going all out being a seller! I still think that package is a pants price compared to the ESI kit though.

Gillian, if you like vanilla custard, you'll love helis cremé brulee.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Gillian, you'll love the creme brulee, it's fab. I got both the 12mg initially and then the 18mg, and the 18 for me is much better, but that's just a matter of what strength you like!!

Jamie, agree, the ESI starter kit can't be beat for value at €56... two batts, two clearos, little case and a shed load of juice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Gillian72 wrote: »
    I'm just after ordering a bottle of "Creme Brulee" from "Artisan eLiquid!" YIP~EEEeeeee!!! :D:)

(Thanks Honey! <3)

I'm SOooooo excited to try Creme Brulee! YA~WHOooooo....!!! :)

Lol... This post was SoooooooOOooo funny

These Triphammer liquids are really growing on me, the fizzyness is weird but nice. I'll be ordering more of the Refresher flavour.

Re: the starter kit above, the difference between the mini protank and the T2 and T3 clearos is huge IMO (haven't tried an evod). I bought that kanger twist starter kit and it leaked like mad after a while. I've been using 2 mini protanks for 6 weeks now and I've had zero leaks and they never dry hit, they don't even gurgle unless you go messing with the wicks. They might be more than twice the price of other clearos but they're not disposable, I've dumped 6 or 7 various others in the bin. Looks the business on those evod batteries too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

EGriff wrote: »
    These Triphammer liquids are really growing on me, the fizzyness is weird but nice. I'll be ordering more of the Refresher flavour.

Re: the starter kit above, the difference between the mini protank and the T2 and T3 clearos is huge IMO (haven't tried an evod). I bought that kanger twist starter kit and it leaked like mad after a while. I've been using 2 mini protanks for 6 weeks now and I've had zero leaks and they never dry hit, they don't even gurgle unless you go messing with the wicks. They might be more than twice the price of other clearos but they're not disposable, I've dumped 6 or 7 various others in the bin. Looks the business on those evod batteries too.

Can you use the battery from the Kanger with the mini protank ?

fangee wrote: »
    Can you use the battery from the Kanger with the mini protank ?

Yeah, they fit perfect (ego threading).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

EGriff wrote: »
    Yeah, they fit perfect (ego threading).

Nice one.

I got the T3 starter kit about 5 weeks ago but it's gurgling now and I didn't realise why until i read your review.

Can't believe the clearomizers have such a short life span. I've just spent €40 on heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ben36

fangee wrote: »
    Nice one.

I got the T3 starter kit about 5 weeks ago but it's gurgling now and I didn't realise why until i read your review.

Can't believe the clearomizers have such a short life span. I've just spent €40 on heads.

I'd recommend the t-2s.Always have been reliable for me.The t-3 that i did get was always causing me trouble

Advertisement