Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Mountain Dew lemon and lime is the only drink comes close if i had to compare it to something...but it's just the fact it's bright green, in a tank....give the lolly gaggers something to look at when i'm vaping in the street...

I wonder does this **** glow in the dark?

*reaches for light switch*

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

I think the ectoplasmic was always going to be a mixed bag, a couple of people loved it and a couple of people didnt like it much at all. Thats why we wanted to do the ecto-cooler which im sure will be the same with different people but I like better:)

Anyways we are putting lots of different stuff together at the minute and some of it is turning out really well. We have managed to find a chocolate flavour that really leaves a taste of chocolate on your lips so its working well with a few other flavours to be released soon.

We are also aware of the many good reviews that have been coming on the boards and we urge you guys that are mixing yourselves and the ones that are not to contact us with what you think will be a good mixture to put up on the site and we'll do our best!!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

After all these great reviews of ESI eLiquids, I'll have to give some a try myself. Still have a load of Dekang here to try myself, and I can only vape so much :) but will definitely take a spin over (virtually speaking!) one of these days and buy some.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

Couple of quick reviews...

Alba's Swedish Fish: Ordered this after seeing so many good reviews. Yes, tastes exactly like smoking a packet of Refreshers, but the throat hit is more of a quick fizz which i don't like. Too sweet for me

Alba's French Vanilla: Can hardly taste the vanilla from it. It just tastes of... nothing :S

Alba's Double Apple: The nicest of the 3 liquids i ordered from Alba Vapours. Strong Apple taste which i'm enjoying, although i found i was getting some of the juice in my mouth as it seemed a much thinner consistency than the other liquids. It seems more prone to leaking out of my ego-c also.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭republic of goon

BESTSHOP.EU

Liqua coffee: This stuff is awful! sickening and not like a natural coffee
    taste that the review on the site says. Have to say
    its the second liqua i've tried after turkish an both are really sickening.
    Won't be buying anymore.

along with this i got.......

Usa mix; again i don't know if my tastebuds have changed or what but this
    stuff is rank! Bought this and the coffee as i like tobacco and coffee
    flavours
    and haven't been able to stomach either.

At the minute i'm vaping: ESI's  :

Wingnut apple: Nice apple taste that i drip every now and then nice
    biscuitty taste.

Cowboy deleuxe: Wasnt too sure if i liked this or not but its really grown
    on me . I cant quite put my fineger on what it tastes like but its nice.

Bit broke but got more BS.eu on order (weston and coffee) to keep me going
    and in a week or so hope to get CIGARRILLOS NATURALES and Eden
    from house of  liquid and maybe some of the Ectoplasma for ESI.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

some day I'll get around to the el toro liquids, really tempted by cigarrilos naturales

as for the liqua coffee.. ill say give it time. I hated it at first, then I kinda didnt like it.. after a while I went back to it and actually found it really nice

althouguh if you dont like liqua turkish tobacco i'm afraid there just might be something horribly horribly wrong with you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭republic of goon

Ha, yeah i liked the turkish then just went of it. Not really an all day like the dekang Turkish. Hope the house of liquid stuff is worth it the reviews sound excellent.

Ment to say i also ordered tiramisu from ecigshop one of my favourites from a while ago hope i still like it!
    sorry typing from Phone

yeah I remember dekang turkish being amazeballs alright. havent had any dekang juices in ages. after vaping them exclusively for about a year I kinda got tired of them and want to leave it another few months before I go back to them although I do really miss dk-tab/winston/turkish.. my old mainstays

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

I take back what i said about Alba Vapour's French Vanilla.... it does taste of Vanilla, but only since i got my Ego-C Twist and whacked the voltage up to over 4v!

This is way people need to try out Variable Voltage, the difference in juice is craaaazy!

A lot of the tobacco juices I've hated in the past, taste unreal at 4.5-5v

• Advertisement

Liquia Turkish Tobacco...

I was kindly sent a bottle of this as part of a fairly big order last week from Bart @ TBS.

10ml 1.2%(12mg i think) strength...now i normally HATE tobacco juice, but after really like RY-C9 from ESI, and Dekang RY-4....i said i'd give this a go.

It's absolutely LOVELY! really really sweet taste from it, very more-ish! :)

yeah the liqua tobaccos are fantastic. loving the turkish and traditional tobaccos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I'm guessing the Turkish tobacco isn't a big seller because i had a bottle thrown is a fortnight ago as well.

On lighter note i've tried a few different tobacco juices and Turkish is the only one i've liked

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I actually got a bottle earlier this week too :) Not totally sure about it, some drags I was getting a really nice tobacco flavour, but on some hits I was getting a kind of plasticy taste. Then again, I do get that on every non-menthol juice I try in a carto. I'll have to give it a go in the RDA when I get it set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Irish Vapers White Label Fionn 6mg

I got a 5ml sample freebie with an order and when I saw and smelled it, it kind of went in the box and forgotten about, In general I try to avoid dark liquids from past experience, mainly due to vapour production being an issue, the healthy VG mix in this pretty much solves this problem.

It's like coffee/cocoa flavored melted butter, brings back memories of buttered toast doused with nutella, the rhum and coffee mix gives a subtle chocolate hint and the cream flavours come off more buttery than creamy.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this, not an all day vape imo, with that said, it's looking likely I'll be running out of this by tomorrow :D

Taste 10/10

I love coffee, love chocolate, love melted butter, don't particularly like rhum though, but the rhum taste is sweet and very subtle.

Vape Production

9/10

Edit, did some tinkering with the carto and got it working on my good battery, solid vape production.

Throat hit

6/10

Very mild throat hit, though that's the nature of vg, I quite like liquids with a milder throat hit these days.

Will I buy again?

I'll probably sneak in the occasional 5ml bottle for sure and I'm glad I tried it as opposed to judging it from the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

Great review.

Their Fomors was one of my first vapes and despite having 20 different flavours on the go at the moment I really miss the taste and was thinking of getting some.

Will definitely add a bottle of this to the order now :)

Irish Vapers Clodhna 12mg.

They were out of 6mg in my favourite liquid (my poor throat) difference in throat hit between 12 and 6mg is unreal.

Anyway...

So this is menthol with anissete, an aniseed based liquer.

It's a very light and fresh minty taste with creamy yet spicy liquorice liquer tones.

Taste 7/10

It really reminds me of the Halo Tru Pure liquid, but the one notable downside to this liquid is it dries up the mouth while vaping, nowhere near as much as the halo though, the Halo leaves you feeling like you just spent a day in the Sahara! Once you stop vaping your mouth quickly goes back to normal.

Throat hit 8/10

Impressive throat hit for such high vg content, I decided to try these out to give my throat a break, that didn't go quite according to plan :)

Vape Production

7/10

Edit - half way through a full DCT the carto started firing properly and vape production is considerably better than I first thought, still a little on the light side for my liking.

If you're a liquorice and fresh mint fan, you'll really enjoy this one, negatives though are the slightly dry mouth it gives you while vaping and a vape production is a bit on the light side.

Wouldn't buy this again personally but I'll be recommending this one to my bro who's a huge fan of the Tru Pure.

Lots more reviews of these liquids to come...

Samba wrote: »
    Lots more reviews of these liquids to come...
    Keep them coming, very well written, and it's great to see more of the irishvapers stuff being reviewed, I've been meaning to pick up some of them to try but got distracted by e-smokeireland's in the meantime.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Keep them coming, very well written, and it's great to see more of the irishvapers stuff being reviewed, I've been meaning to pick up some of them to try but got distracted by e-smokeireland's in the meantime.

Cheers!

Once I've gone through these I'll be dabbling in the ESI liquids, really looking forward to trying them based on the reviews.

IV Oisin 12mg

So apparently this is Capuccino caramel with tiramisu and champagne.

For me though..

It's like vaping a coffee revel, I didn't really dislike any of the revels :pac:

Flavour 5-8/10 let me explain further..

If I had a pack of purely coffee revels, i'd get sick of them very quickly and the same applies to this liquid, at first it's an 8 but then with each new lung full of vape you get a bit sick of the rich and sweet coffee taste, it's definitely not an all day vape, no more than a few mouthfuls at a time, but when you come back to it, it's enjoyable again.

Throat hit 7/10

Solid throat hit, neither over or under powering

Vape Production 9/10

Good thick and cloudy vape production.

I was vaping away while writing this and I safely say it's time to put it down now :)

Wouldn't buy this again, I see it more as a novelty liquid, probably won't go near a packet of revels for a long time :D

Update: Wish I hadn't loaded this stuff in my Tank, can't shake the smell/taste of coffee, really pungent stuff.

• Advertisement

Dugie is starting to review some of the IV juices! :)

"cool-lan" lawl

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

About time for a few random reviews:

First up a few of Grizwalds Gourmet Range from VapeEscape...
    Black Cat - This has been my all-day vape of choice since it arrived. Thought I'd try something other than RY4 as a staple. Was worried when I got my 30ml as on first impressions it was quite a "dark" vape but first impressions can be deceiving. It's got a similar base to RY4 but with a creamy liquorice rather than a caramel/vanilla taste. Little hint of blackcurrant as well. Gorgeous stuff and a lot more moreish than it ought to be.
    Krazy Karamel - does what it says on the tin.A nice light, smooth caramel that's more like one of those Cadburys bars than a heavier box of chocolates type caramel.

Toffee Popcorn - real nice buttery popcorn flavour of this with the toffee more in the background. More of a lower case toffee, upper case popcorn thing going on. Wouldn't be my go-to all day vape but a nice alternative when you're looking for something different.

Caramel Capuucino & Karoffee Kick - the cappucino didn't really float my boat and I wasn't really picking up on the caramel / coffee combo. The Karoffee is much more of a straight up espresso shot (and a bit of a wick killer) and is perhaps one of the better coffees I've tried. Swear there's real coffee in there - it could be a coincidence but I was awake for ages after vaping this last thing. Still searching for the perfect coffee and hoping my Dark Roast from Highbrow will fulfil that role when it arrives.

666 - think this might be good if you like that sort of thing. There's definitely a nice nutty tobacco flavour in there but it has that USA Red ashtray flavour that I can't stand in there too. I wouldn't rule it out just because it's not my favorite, it's just not my thing.

Lubbly Bubbly -maybe it's my atty but I found this very concentrated and a bit too sweet. In theory it's a bubble gum flavour but came out a bit heavier like brown sugar with bubble gum in my imist. Don't know what to make of it but others swear by it. Don't dislike it however and do go back for the odd half-tank.

Grizwalds juices are 70/30 pg/vg and produce clouds of vapour without sacrificing taste. With that level of vg, throat hit is a bit more subdued than other mixes but then I'm not big into TH - this may become my ratio of choice from now on. They're high quality juices and well worth a punt.

Dekang Menthol Breeze -Not for me. It's supposed to me a menthol tobacco but I was getting a fierce chemical taste from this one. Surpised given Dekang's reputation. Sadly, perhaps the most unpleasant juice I've tried. Luckily it was only a 5ml sample.

Mom and Pop's Vapor Shop Tobacco Praze. This stuff is awesome. A light, smooth tobacco base with honey and a caramelly toasty popcorn flavour but with something else going on - almost a herby kind of note on the inhale. The exhale is quite different and it becomes a lot more tobbaccoish. Very high quality juice with clouds of vapour and incredibly smooth - perhaps almost a bit too smooth to stop it being one of my all dayers.

All juices sampled at 18mg with either an imist 2 or BV's mist atty at standard voltage.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

It's funny how strange mixes sometimes work very well together. I've been vaping a 50/50 mix of Dekang Old Holborn and Cappuccino in a CE4 all evening and it's really nice. But both of these eLiquids on their own are very different. Personally I find an unidentifiable flavour in the Old Holborn a bit overwhelming after a while, and the cappuccino can get a bit too sweet for all day vape, but mixed together work great. I don't expect anyone to copy me mind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Thomas B

hi all
    new to the forum here! first post!!! im on exactly a month today to be smoke free thx to ecigs!!!
    been reading lots of useful things here before deciding to join.
    im just wondering if anyone know another juice flavor that is like Benson & Hedges 12mg??? that is my favorite juice so far and can find nothing else like it. well if you know anything that taste the same please let me know!!!! also just placed an order with some shop in uk and was wondering if anyone has placed an order with them and about how long it took to arrive..... im guessing about 1-2weks. ???
    http://www.nucig.co.uk/NUCIG_VG_Premium_Commercial_eliquid_s/116.htm

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

welcome aboard Thomas!
    Glad you are of the evil cigs!!
    Regarding B+H taste, this is very difficult to recommend as none will match it 100%.
    Also you find your taste buds will change slightly over time.
    Make sure you give RY4 a bash as its the one most people get on with.
    As for the rest just order small quantities and try it out.

Keep it up and enjoy a healthier lifestyle... !

stevenmu wrote: »
    I actually got a bottle earlier this week too :) Not totally sure about it, some drags I was getting a really nice tobacco flavour, but on some hits I was getting a kind of plasticy taste. Then again, I do get that on every non-menthol juice I try in a carto. I'll have to give it a go in the RDA when I get it set up.

Trying this (Liqua Turkish) again with the RDA and it's much much better. Tobacco flavours never really did it for me before, but in the RDA this has a lovely clean smooth mild tobacco taste, really enjoyable.

Also been vaping some of e-smokeireland's Vampire Kiss. I ordered this not having a clue what to expect. I figured it out as soon as I took my first vape, and absolutely loved it. I don't want to spoil the surprise of what it's based on, but I will say that anyone who likes Swedish Fish should love this.

It's easily the most accurate representation of something that I have vaped, it's really spot on for what it's supposed to. The flavour is good and strong, and surprisingly nice to vape for an extended period. And vapour production is very good for what seems to be a mostly or all PG juice.

For anyone who really wants to know what it tastes like
    I can't seem to spoiler tag an image so click here

aw ****, was gona put some into my order but i assumed it was some kind of menthol strawberry mix

i guess if I order some tomorrow i'll have it on friday

• Advertisement

You should get it, I've always gotten their stuff next day. And it's definitely worth it, even if you just get a 10ml bottle to try it out.

Menthol strawberry sounds good too though, I might have to try DIY some. I've been vaping some esi strawberry milkshake mixed with DIY menthol and it's really good.

Advertisement