Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Buy (including discount codes) & other links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Valaquenta

Jesus, There is an awful amount of reading here between the various threads. I "inherited" what i think is the Joye 510 mini starter kit. Now, i have a couple of batteries, plenty of empty cartridges and a few atomisers. Battery life seems very limited, and i think there's some leakage also going on. It's easy tell when you're out of juice, or when the battery is at its end but how do you know when the atomiser is done? Haven't had a fag in 5 days so defo see this vaping lark as a viable alternative to smoking and will probably upgrade soon enough, particularly depending on how my Qs are answered. Thanx in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Valaquenta wrote: »
    ...how do you know when the atomiser is done?

It'll stop producing as much vapour & flavour and if you leave it go on really long, it'll start to taste burnt from all the soldified juice-gunk on the coil and in the wick.
    You'll know when it happens. You won't not notice it.

grindle wrote: »
    It'll stop producing as much vapour & flavour and if you leave it go on really long, it'll start to taste burnt from all the soldified juice-gunk on the coil and in the wick.
    You'll know when it happens. You won't not notice it.

Think this is happening more regularly than what i assume should be normal normal. May look into upgrading so. Any recommendations on a kit with better battery/cartridge/atomiser life?

Valaquenta wrote: »
    Any recommendations on a kit with better battery/cartridge/atomiser life?

Gotta flog that dead, mutilated horse again.
    You may be able to wash the atomisers you have, so try giving them a hot bath and then a vodka bath, and blow the moisture out and leave to dry over night. You might get an extra couple of days that way.
    Atomiser coils/wicks have a finite life until you start getting into rebuilding.
    Their lifespan depends on the juice, the heat, the amount you vape, the particulars of the coil and/or the wick.
    You should expect an atty to trail off anywhere between a few days to a week.
    The "most common upgrade" option has a replaceable head that costs between €2-€3 a pop, and they're easily cleaned to get a bit more life out of them.
    The difference in vape you'll have between what you have and that one will be an eye-opener as well, if you can cope with the larger size (cigar-size).

Gotta flog that dead, mutilated horse again.

You may be able to wash the atomisers you have, so try giving them a hot bath and then a vodka bath, and blow the moisture out and leave to dry over night. You might get an extra couple of days that way.
    Atomiser coils/wicks have a finite life until you start getting into rebuilding.
    Their lifespan depends on the juice, the heat, the amount you vape, the particulars of the coil and/or the wick.
    You should expect an atty to trail off anywhere between a few days to a week.
    The "most common upgrade" option has a replaceable head that costs between €2-€3 a pop, and they're easily cleaned to get a bit more life out of them.
    The difference in vape you'll have between what you have and that one will be an eye-opener as well, if you can cope with the larger size (cigar-size).

Thanx Grindle, there's just such a wealth of info it's almost difficult just narrowing it down. This thread is huge and there's people at so many different stages it's headwrecking. My lack of patience isn't a help either:)

• Advertisement

Just ask one specific question at a time and it won't seem like you're bombarded with a jumble of answers.
    I was a know-feck-all not long ago as well, we all were.
    Once you have the kit beside you and know exactly which things are which, or why certain things work and others don't, you'll see it's less confusing than it looks on first sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Anyone know what kind of tips would go on a vivi nova? i've bought a few and none seem to fit at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I'v a stainless tip thats tight on cartos, fits the vivi perfectly. The others are a bit loose.
    Vivis seem to be a bit bigger than reg, a new o ring would tighten up a driptip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Anyone know what kind of tips would go on a vivi nova? i've bought a few and none seem to fit at all.
    510 drip tips have always worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

TBS are out of chargers for the vamo I purchased last week

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/156-trustfire-tr-003-4-channel-charger.html

I have two Efest 18650 batteries, nipple top.

Could anyone recommend another outlet I could buy from? Preferably Irish as I need it ASAP

Thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

e-smokeireland have the tr001, bargainvapour might as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

hello! im going to give a go at diy eliquid since im planning to vape 0 nic most of the time? wich are the best flavour concentrates available in ireland? once just to try it i got the dks coconut and i had to throw it in the bin it was just horrible

E-cigshop.eu has the inawera and flavourart ranges. Really good stuff in both ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

So on the lavatube I've got a vivi nova tank, with the wick at the top. Is there a tank for lavatubes and the like that has a bottom wick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Not sure if the eBaron Killer will count as having a bottom wick with it's ceramic cup/wick/coil assembly, pricier than a Vivi Nova for sure.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hey guys. I am looking at a few sites and wondering if there's anywhere where I can get like a multipack of different liquids? I've been trying a number of different ones and haven't found my day to day vale yet.

I've been mixing the sweeter ones from my starter kit with the tobacco flavoured ones to get a good mix. I have some more e liquids on the way but was wondering how you guys found your flavour and what's the easiest way to sample a different range of types without wasting money on lots of bottles of stuff I am not sure about.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

So on the lavatube I've got a vivi nova tank, with the wick at the top. Is there a tank for lavatubes and the like that has a bottom wick?
    The kanger t3 with this

Hey guys. I am looking at a few sites and wondering if there's anywhere where I can get like a multipack of different liquids? I've been trying a number of different ones and haven't found my day to day vale yet.

I've been mixing the sweeter ones from my starter kit with the tobacco flavoured ones to get a good mix. I have some more e liquids on the way but was wondering how you guys found your flavour and what's the easiest way to sample a different range of types without wasting money on lots of bottles of stuff I am not sure about.

Search 'sample' on the e-smokeireland site.

Then pick away.

Oh, except the wingnuts liquids are out until Thursday or something, they were away for a few days and need to brew more batches.

Also, if you're ever not a fan of a juice, offer it up n the Sale/Swap thread, there's always someone who has something you might want and vice versa.

PS: fùcking replying on the HTC Wildfire. What an awful phone.

or this http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/vapeonly.html I have one one the way but can't yet say how well it works

• Advertisement

Search 'sample' on the e-smokeireland site.

Then pick away.

Oh, except the wingnuts liquids are out until Thursday or something, they were away for a few days and need to brew more batches.

Also, if you're ever not a fan of a juice, offer it up n the Sale/Swap thread, there's always someone who has something you might want and vice versa.

PS: fùcking replying on the HTC Wildfire. What an awful phone.

Yeah they're out for the moment but that kind of sample pack would be perfect.

Been off the cigs for 10 days now. I think if I found a liquid I could stick with for a while it would really help get rid of the cravings. I liked Swedish fish but it wasn't perfect for the job. Will chuck up some reviews of the new stuff coming tomorrow hopefully.

I would like know this to, started keeping track of vape spending when i quit the cigs but soon stopped as it was scaring me :o

Both of ye need to start mixing your juices if money's a big enough issue.

Float around on UKV for a while, occasionally (once a week?) there's someone dumping treasure troves of concentrate for mega-cheap prices. Great way to bang through flavours.

But for the love of Shiva, if ye do, get syringes instead of pipettes.
    Thousands of times faster.*

*Slight exaggeration, but feels it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

or this http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/vapeonly.html I have one one the way but can't yet say how well it works

They look rather sexy i must admit,they'd compliment an evic very nicely.I might have a punt on one,let me know how you get on.

Both of ye need to start mixing your juices if money's a big enough issue.

Float around on UKV for a while, occasionally (once a week?) there's someone dumping treasure troves of concentrate for mega-cheap prices. Great way to bang through flavours.

But for the love of Shiva, if ye do, get syringes instead of pipettes.
    Thousands of times faster.*

*Slight exaggeration, but feels it.

already started, just trying to be patient while they steep.
    trying straight flavours for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

If you're planning on buying something off ecigwizard.com then hurry up. 30% off Discount code FB30PCDI13 valid only for next 24 hours. Must be logged in. (From their fb page)

What do you guys mean by mixing the juices btw? As in like making juices yourself?

What do you guys mean by mixing the juices btw? As in like making juices yourself?

Yep. You can buy flavour concentrates, nicotine base, VG & PG to mix your own concoctions. Becomes ridiculously cheap.

Search 'eJuice' on an App Store to get a calculator.

Helps if you have a rebuildable atty to taste small batches and make changes to your, but it's not a requirement, just a help.

http://e-cigshop.eu/DIY-E-Liquids
    (Flavourart and Inawera flavours are good)

http://www.bargainvapour.com/Nicotine_50mg_PG___VG/p1274299_8479781.aspx
    (Cheap nic base)

Syringe or (time unfriendly) pipettes, bottles and you're set.
    Pharmacies sell VG a little bit cheaper in 500ml bottles.

Holy crap but you guys know your stuff in here.

Thanks man!

• Advertisement

http://www.thevapebook.com/

Advertisement