Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newb!

Options
  • 09-01-2013 10:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

I was wondering about the cost-wise of the E-Cigs.

Could someone recommend a complete kit that you could buy. People seem to be buying a lot of different things, kinda confusing. I had one of the disposable ones before and found them good

How much would you spend on the liquid monthly or weekly roughly if you were 15 a day smoker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

areyawell wrote: »
    I was wondering about the cost-wise of the E-Cigs.

Could someone recommend a complete kit that you could buy. People seem to be buying a lot of different things, kinda confusing. I had one of the disposable ones before and found them good

How much would you spend on the liquid monthly or weekly roughly if you were 15 a day smoker?

This kit is trotted out as its very user friendly. No complicating factors like rebuilding your own or buying separate batteries and the like.

I used to smoke slightly more than yourself a day and i'm on 18mg strength juice. I spend roughly €50-€60 a month can be slightly higher can be slightly lower depending on what i need. some months i go through more juice and heads for the tank than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Most common upgrade from the cigalikes.

If you wanna stay cig-sized.

Juice-wise, if you go with a low-nic juice the ecig might end up stapled to your face for the day (that's what I found), so you'll use more juice.

A 30ml bottle which'd cost anywhere between €10-€20 (€12.50 seems the average) will last anywhere from 5 to 15 days.
    Depends on the strength and when you feel satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spectreon666

If it helps...I was a pack a day and since I started vaping I go through roughly 60mls of liquid a month. 18mg does me.

I get my juice here http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/23-standard-eliquid at under 8 euros a 30ml bottle (If you buy more than 1 or 2).

You can use IRISHVAPE to get a 10% discount.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Anyone know what decent liquid to buy. Is there any plain or nice tobacco flavored. Don't want strawberry or chocolate or an-thin like that .

Best tobacco flavours.

Read the descriptions and see which appeals.
    For pure hit Puros is the best, my favourite juice by a longshot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

You could do a lot worse than to buy this.

Delivery would be around 2-3 weeks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I spent a small fortune when I started and have tried a lot of gear so when I started the cost was comparable to real cigs and higher for the first two months. Despite the cost what I could not put a value on was my health improvements and nicer breath meant more intimate moments with the misses :-)

If I started with the twist kit I would have save around €150 in trying kit I didnt like.

I am now now very settled and spend €6 a month on hardware like cartomisers and cups for my dripper. I have gone from 70 - 80 mls of 12mg juice down to 30mls of 6mg juice plus a few treats so around €25 a month on juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

What's the cheapest introduction kit for vaping? One with everything I'd need. I'm hoping to move off traditional smokes over the next couple of weeks and want to try this out. Thanks in advance for the help

griffdaddy wrote: »
    What's the cheapest introduction kit for vaping? One with everything I'd need.

The Kanger starter kit linked in the first two posts of this thread is the cheapest that has everything in it (unless you go for one of those deal thingies).
    You might have to get more juice or replacement heads for the atomisers in a week or so, but they'll be the only recurring costs barring a catastrophe.
    You could also get the Volt or AIO kits and add the juice sampler for €9.50, should come out a tiny bit cheaper if money's of the essence.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

You could do a lot worse than to buy this.

Delivery would be around 2-3 weeks though.

That seems delightfully dodgy. Those batteries are a tenner here alone. If that kit is genuine, I'd buy one just for the extra batteries...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

That seems delightfully dodgy. Those batteries are a tenner here alone. If that kit is genuine, I'd buy one just for the extra batteries...

I sell pretty much same kits in 1100mah form with a USB passthrough endcap and stainless steel body over this side of the world (Philippines) from time to time when friends of friends want one. I can buy the kits from independent retailers for around 20 euro.

Then I buy an extra charger and cable ($2) and split the kits into 2 pieces and sell them for about 25euro per batt/charger/atty and throw in a bottle of DIY juice.

Wholesale from china a full kit is around $12+shipping and can get them with either Ego-C/Ego-T or CE-5+ in the box.

So their Price is about right once you factor in taxes/markup etc ... the units aren't anything special, but no complaints yet - oh and my ones come with stainless steel body or matte black.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

jamie72 wrote: »

I've bought similar kits from China in the past and had no problems with them.
    They certainly are not genuine Joyetech, but one of the batteries I received in a kit a couple of years back still holds a decent charge and is used almost daily !!

There's no doubt that it's a bit of a gamble what you get and returning it is out of the question because of the postal costs involved.

Maybe I was just lucky.

Advertisement