Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

congrats lythero, top 8 in svb is no joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Listening to those commentators annoyed me somewhat... d*ckriding some players while calling others "no names" while on stream is a bit of a no-no in my books.

hopefully i can attend some UK tourny in the up coming year. would love to represent our community as part of Team Ireland.

Congrats Lee ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    congrats lythero, top 8 in svb is no joke

Not sure if serious

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Sairus wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to the stream archive?
    Bonus points for an approximate time when Lythero was on?

http://www.twitch.tv/thewonderpark/b/346645782

Around 6 hours 35 minutes.

Only got one game streamed since they started saying "**** it, make them play on monitors with no speakers", which resulted in me not knowing when they were calling Hidden Missiles. Could've Objected the assist every round had I heard it coming after a super jump :l

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Lythero wrote: »
    http://www.twitch.tv/thewonderpark/b/346645782

Around 6 hours 35 minutes.

Only got one game streamed since they started saying "**** it, make them play on monitors with no speakers", which resulted in me not knowing when they were calling Hidden Missiles. Could've Objected the assist every round had I heard it coming after a super jump :l

http://stickerish.com/wp-content/themes/mio/sp-framework/timthumb/timthumb.php?src=http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/RageFaceBlackSS.png&h=500&w=500&zc=2&q=100&a=c&s=&f=&cc=&ct=
    Would it be too much to presume that the matches before Top 8 are good news and worthy of discussion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

normally I don't make comments about the people doing commentary, as I feel it's a pretty tough job, but you guys are right it's so bad. They don't even give a fk about the matches

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Wow Lythero I didn't know you were from Bristol. :)

Nevflinn wrote: »

Not all the games/monitors before top 8 had no speakers (if that's what you mean) But I was more concerned at that point with catching the proverbial train than to insist we move monitors mid-match.

There was a really hype match I had against someone who used Phoenix (Jean). I swear Phoenix Wright's one of the worst matchups for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Wow, SvB seems really bad.

Terrible commentary too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

• Advertisement

Wtf is this

Nutrient wrote: »
    Wtf is this

you can play a drinking game with this video.

1. Every time he says Lythero = 1 shot
    2. Every time he says Lythero is the best = 3 shots

:p:p:p

I try not to let you folks find out about videos like this.

But since you're sharing.

Just found my UMVC3 service record was reset

****, Back to beasting noobs for a while:D

You did that on purpose!

I on the other hand found some sort of crazy groove and got 16 wins in a row last night.

Ranked is addictive when you get into it man

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I genuinely don't know how you could play this game online. The netcode is just too awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I genuinely don't know how you could play this game online. The netcode is just too awful!

j.s x hammer is too stronk.

I dont how you guys find people in ranked it's just mexicans with red bar who play some varient of hulk,drones,capt,wesker for me.
    Playeer matches are good though,you can come across people who actually know what they are doing.

Without exaggerating, for me it's usually 50% Americans, 30% Mexicans, 15% UK/Ireland and 5% other countries like Brazil, France or Japan.

The latency is pretty mean and turns the whole game into a series of predictions unless if you want to rely on Vergil/Wesker/Doom mixups or Hulk Shmashin', unless if you're lucky enough to find someone close by.

It does wonders for muscle memory and being prepared two steps ahead of what's going on though. And since there's literally no one else here who plays the game up North, it's all I gawt.

Without exaggerating, for me it's usually 50% Americans, 30% Mexicans, 15% UK/Ireland and 5% other countries like Brazil, France or Japan.

The latency is pretty mean and turns the whole game into a series of predictions unless if you want to rely on Vergil/Wesker/Doom mixups or Hulk Shmashin', unless if you're lucky enough to find someone close by.

It does wonders for muscle memory and being prepared two steps ahead of what's going on though. And since there's literally no one else here who plays the game up North, it's all I gawt.

I wonder if setting your consoles region to asia, north america etc would help

The search option is god awful

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

1 mil 1 bar no assists = fair character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

What I do is to play Player Matches with the region set to "Same" and the rank set to "Any". Most of my matches have little lag if any, and some of the best in Europe play that way.

I don't quite understand why you guys still go to Ranked and play with Any when it's such an uphill fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

Chris G playing Phoenix Wright

might make a vid showing some setups with Weskers L command grab

Move isn't maximized from what I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

So marlin finally released a video of the input glitch hes been talking about for a while... TAC infinites with most fly chars now no longer require execution lol...

DarkTalant wrote: »
    So marlin finally released a video of the input glitch hes been talking about for a while... TAC infinites with most fly chars now no longer require execution lol...

this means that this should be easy...

next chance i get, i'll spend a few hours working on this.

Raawron wrote: »

1 mil 1 bar no assists = fair character

Uses 1 meter and assists

Anyone they likes charge characters should try him out

Attention Marvel lads new venue for DOC8

Clerence Hotel

data=Ay5GWBeob_WIPLDYoIWcfVXxvZu9XwJ55OX7Ag,oqqUte2Z1uSBa0L0n12mHJX0qLB0S29X54eYMgizIRUMuY1zcPioDzfgizHAQGpem4vaaALMfvyqU8STgrxM6Lq_QEUW_Ni1JhatfBiSUfWWh97VuvJ7tW3FOB4ZYMqpBxS_4A4372155.jpg

Anyone that needs help getting there send me a PM

Was this mentioned in the DOC8 thread?

Was this mentioned in the DOC8 thread?

just recently yes

Had technical issues with exchange so it's in clearance now (which is a 2min walk from exchange)

all and all it's a better (but more expensive) venue

• Advertisement

Nutrient wrote: »
    just recently yes

Had technical issues with exchange so it's in clearance now (which is a 2min walk from exchange)

all and all it's a better (but more expensive) venue

Hmmmm...

I wonder. Would they have a streamable internet connection?

No time left to make a big deal out of it, but it'd be cool to know if the clearance hotel had stable webtubez access.

Advertisement