Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Pro Chun tip:

When Jumping, Dash with m and h, then press hh to do kicks.

Get Bella used to that and she'll beast like me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Doyler01 wrote: »

Watch out scrubs, a new challenger appears.

@ 4:35 ... "Sh*t! first time playing and she is already doing unblockables".
    @ 6:40 ... "Damn, even her Deadpool is out playing mine :eek:"

i think i should retire now before she proves how fraudulent i am during a tourny :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I would be legitimately afraid to play Bella in Marvel due to the high chance of her winning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

2gen wrote: »
    @ 4:35 ... "Sh*t! first time playing and she is already doing unblockables".
    @ 6:40 ... "Damn, even her Deadpool is out playing mine :eek:"

i think i should retire now before she proves how fraudulent i am during a tourny :(

I this Ben or Bella playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

Dante mirrors in a nutshell at 3:10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Doyler, Nutrient I hope you're tuning into youmacon right now (twitch.tv/leveluplive), because the amount of Captain Americas here is bound to give you hard-ons.

I just went up against XF3 Strider's Ouroboros and blocked the entire thing.

I kid you not.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Nevflinn wrote: »
    I just went up against XF3 Strider's Ouroboros and blocked the entire thing.

I kid you not.

Is that unusual? ;)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Is that unusual? ;)

I did not expect to be the one asking for video proof when I made that post, but yes, normally when people pop XF3 Ouroboros they get hit at some point, and I've never seen the contrary! =D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

D4RK ONION wrote: »

**** all of you :/

some reasons why i should get back into this game as soon as i can...

from 1:25
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »

dont show Fergus_so_kawaii that tier list... it will give him the wrong ideas

b930ce9d_1cd234e6_half-trollface.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

>__________________>

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PhGjRFmdo1I#!Dunno why this took so long to discover,its exactly the same as firebrand except its meter positive even if you take the hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I would like to state that D4RK_ONION is free to my Hsien Ko.

But Onion, it's ok she still loves you *does heart symbol with hands*

h4d30bc1e32db2a4e1e99f3e046304b67.jpg

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I would like to state that D4RK_ONION is free to my Hsien Ko.

But Onion, it's ok she still loves you *does heart symbol with hands*

h4d30bc1e32db2a4e1e99f3e046304b67.jpg

Lets gather around the monitor everybody

Yiz are getting famous, lads.

http://redd.it/13ce5d

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Hahaha, oh man.

Looking back at those matches, it's clear as day I need to practise again. I've gotten fairly rubbish at the game compared to mere months ago.

• Advertisement

if anyone wants to keep updated with the Japanese scene check out this channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gostunv?feature=g-all-u

i dont think i'll be getting bored at watching Japanese matches any time soon since i really enjoy the variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Nah man, them Japanese players are scrubs. Check out the Final Round Bats brackets from this month:
    http://challonge.com/frb04saumvc3/fullscreen?multiplier=1.0

I totally won a game. They're all scrubs. Cellsai's the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

FT2 single-elim?
    Yikes!

Lee, look to the comments and put that DmC demo aside; your people need you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H1WoWRnmnM&feature=plcp

I never want to pick up DmC again after playing that demo. So there's no need to worry about that showing up again any time soon.

As for Marvel, any time I've tried to talk to Max when he was looking help with something, he's never replied and only sent messages to me when I'm needed. So there's very little point in asking if he wants some xbox live matches for his channel. If he wants to organise it, then he'll likely say so. That said, I'm surprised at how many people are asking for him to fight some matches with me and that Kagato guy

I definitely need to get practising again for SupervsBattle though regardless :C

Lythero wrote: »
    I never want to pick up DmC again after playing that demo. So there's no need to worry about that showing up again any time soon.

As for Marvel, any time I've tried to talk to Max when he was looking help with something, he's never replied and only sent messages to me when I'm needed. So there's very little point in asking if he wants some xbox live matches for his channel. If he wants to organise it, then he'll likely say so. That said, I'm surprised at how many people are asking for him to fight some matches with me and that Kagato guy

I definitely need to get practising again for SupervsBattle though regardless :C

Lol, Lythero's Max's bitch :)

(Says the guy who's youtube channel has pretty much doubled since Lythero featured him)

Lol, Lythero's Max's bitch :)

There may be a pecking order, but the lines seem to be growing thinner, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Anchor tier list

S
    Dr. Doom, Dormammu, Phoenix, Strider, Vergil, Wesker
    A
    Akuma, Amaterasu, Arthur, Dante, Hawkeye, Magneto, Morrigan, Nova, Sentinel, Spencer, Super-Skrull, Taskmaster, Wolverine, Zero
    B
    C. Viper, Deadpool, Dr. Strange, Felicia, Frank West, Hulk, Jill, MODOK, Ryu, Spider-Man, Storm, Trish, Viewtiful Joe, X-23
    C
    Captain America, Chris Redfield, Chun-Li, Firebrand, Haggar, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Nemesis, Rocket Raccoon, She-Hulk, Shuma-Gorath, Thor, Tron Bonne
    D
    Ghost Rider, Hsien-Ko, Phoenix Wright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I would argue Vergil should be top of the anchor list, but that everything else is pretty much dead on. I was gonna argue that C.Viper should be swapped with Zero, but upon reflection, she needs assists a bit, and her mobility/cross-up potential/chip/range game isn't as frantically out and out nuts as Zero's (who I wouldn't think of putting as anchor, but I can see him doing well if he gets stuck there by snap-ins).
    I was originally gonna argue that doom should be lower, but then I saw the light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Is Doom really one of the best anchors?

I don't watch Marvel outside of our scene/Brian's channel but I feel like I'm always hearing "Oh this is a hard match for Doom."
    Voa wrote: »
    I would argue Vergil should be top of the anchor list

He is technically is since there's no differentiation inside of tiers, they're just alphabetical.

Advertisement