Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Anchor tier list

S
    Dr. Doom, Dormammu, Phoenix, Strider, Vergil, Wesker
    A
    Akuma, Amaterasu, Arthur, Dante, Hawkeye, Magneto, Morrigan, Nova, Sentinel, Spencer, Super-Skrull, Taskmaster, Wolverine, Zero
    B
    C. Viper, Deadpool, Dr. Strange, Felicia, Frank West, Hulk, Jill, MODOK, Ryu, Spider-Man, Storm, Trish, Viewtiful Joe, X-23
    C
    Captain America, Chris Redfield, Chun-Li, Firebrand, Haggar, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Nemesis, Rocket Raccoon, She-Hulk, Shuma-Gorath, Thor, Tron Bonne
    D
    Ghost Rider, Hsien-Ko, Phoenix Wright

Where did you find this list?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Nutrient wrote: »
    Where did you find this list?

Eventhubs, they had a community vote and these are the results.
    Is Doom really one of the best anchors?

I don't watch Marvel outside of our scene/Brian's channel but I feel like I'm always hearing "Oh this is a hard match for Doom."

i really dont think Doom should be S tier anchor, he has trouble against zoning teams. i would say B tier would be more correct. His strength lies in his "incoming character" mix-ups which can lead to death if he has XF3, but if you guess right you can just run away.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Is Doom really one of the best anchors?

I don't watch Marvel outside of our scene/Brian's channel but I feel like I'm always hearing "Oh this is a hard match for Doom."

He is technically is since there's no differentiation inside of tiers, they're just alphabetical.

Lol, nice dodge referencing Doom with DooM :D
    2gen wrote: »

i really dont think Doom should be S tier anchor, he has trouble against zoning teams. i would say B tier would be more correct. His strength lines in his "incoming character" mix-ups which can lead to death if he has XF3, but if you guess right you can just run away.

I think the issue here would be low level players dealing with foot-footdive- especially if this is from eventhubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

i really dont think Doom should be S tier anchor, he has trouble against zoning teams. i would say B tier would be more correct. His strength lines in his "incoming character" mix-ups which can lead to death if he has XF3, but if you guess right you can just run away.

Don't think he should be S because he can be ran away from by some teams but he's way above B, considering he has more options and damage than most characters in the A tier.

Now it makes perfect sense

Online warriors getting trashed by Super jump S

For the most part, the list is quite accurate imo.

Altough I think Wolverine should be S because idk, something around a 300% speed increase can get you places.

Wesker should not be S, yes, Dark Wesker.
    Sure he's the only lvl XF4 character in the game but really Shades on or off at that point is really too much and is just pointless, when you hit them ,they die, end of stry its Wesker.

Offline it's much easier to deal with all the Braindead anchors like Wesker and Doom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Hsien Ko should be S tier, since she has all that meter for Yolo gold armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Doom is good for defensive play, not for making comebacks compared to many other characters in the cast. Any time I see someone using Dr. Doom last, I often think that unless the other team only has 1 character and a bit left, or a hell of a lot of time, they'll need a loot of luck to win the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

...Unless that player has amazing movement and will footdive like a madman. Since I can't deal with footdives well at all, I pretty much fear that. D:

Lythero wrote: »
    Doom is good for defensive play.

Jaysis, the Streetfighter players could have told you that for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

Amazing tech can't wait to practise and apply it to matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

C0unter wrote: »
    [Bold Canceling]
    And guess who came up with the name for that tech :)
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/feb/21/dante-bold-canceling-mvc3-tutorial-ramza/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

C0unter wrote: »

are these combos possible outside "Heros and Heralds"?

nopenopenopenope.

I assume the word "practical" was used sarcastically.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

Nope,dante is too fair for that to happen:pac:

Also i just came across this http://whensmarvel.com/

For once in a long while I've actually been practising UMvC3 before a tourney.

I think I might be ready this tiemz.

Anyone else going to the SuperVsBattle UMvC3 tourney on Sunday?

Oh, and video is unrelated. I just -really- like Stardust Speedway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Oh, and video is unrelated. I just -really- like Stardust Speedway.

/not even vaguely on topic

The Generations games had pretty sweet soundtracks. It was kinda clever of them to go with different levels in each of the versions (although there are weirdly no Sonic 3-only levels in either game).

I really dig the special stage tune from the portable versions (apparently a remix of something from Sonic Heroes?)

RoachKing with THE pop off of the year

8:54

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

No this is RoachKing with the popoff of the year among other craziness

The latest word from Super Vs Battle is that Lythero is still in Marvel, and in Top 8 on the Loser's side.

Irishmen of the FGC! Now's the time to start rooting for him! www.twitch.tv/thewonderpark

So...not only did SVB start later than it said it would,
    and not only did they make the Marvel Top 8 wait for six hours before playing,
    but they ran out of time and couldn't stream the whole thing, and cut the finals to 2/3.

Lythero, I am so sorry.
    And congratulations for surviving on stream, and making it to Top 8! Wolverine was definitely your biggest problem there - Once he was gone, you did much better.

• Advertisement

Nevflinn wrote: »
    So...not only did SVB start later than it said it would,
    and not only did they make the Marvel Top 8 wait for six hours before playing,
    but they ran out of time and couldn't stream the whole thing, and cut the finals to 2/3.

Lythero, I am so sorry.
    And congratulations for surviving on stream, and making it to Top 8! Wolverine was definitely your biggest problem there - Once he was gone, you did much better.

Thank **** I didn't attend, dodged a bullet there

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

That stream was pretty bad. The grand finals were 2 out of 3 and they weren't doing a bracket reset. That's a bit silly they should of scheduled better to fit Marvel in properly and of course well done to Lythero for making a clutch comeback with Dante on stream.

Thank **** I didn't attend, dodged a bullet there

That's pretty much what I said to Doyler. It's a good thing you guys didn't come. The worst part was that it go so late, that I ended up just having to leave before it finished. And even then all the trains had stopped after 11:30pm. Had to get an extremely expensive taxi back to my cousin's house. At least I had relatives here to visit, but I'm definitely not going to SvB next year. There were some cool folks at the event but the organizers and commentary were ass. I'd take Dark Onion's mic-harassment over that any day, at least he pays attention to what's going on screen!

Thanks a lot though Nevflinn/Bento. Knowing some Irish folks had my back on stream when it's all dead and done at least makes up for some of it :pac:

Thanks a lot though Nevflinn/Bento. Knowing some Irish folks had my back on stream when it's all dead and done at least makes up for some of it :pac:

I was watching too!

Almost got banned defending your ass:P

And Chunkis was there too

I was watching too!

Almost got banned defending your ass:P

And Chunkis was there too

HAH. I'm sad I missed it!

Yeah, I saw Chunkis in the chat the day before, who basically told me SvB was utter **** last year, which sadly came true again. Why did he recommend us attending again!? >:C

Yeah, I saw Chunkis in the chat the day before, who basically told me SvB was utter **** last year, which sadly came true again. Why did he recommend us attending again!? >:C
    New organizers and venue this year. He was hopeful it would be better this year because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I had forgotten SVB was on, really late this year isn't it?

HAH. I'm sad I missed it!

I was there too, just not so much of a stream monester :)

I felt bad for you with that commentary. Lack of knowledge about a game, fine, sometimes you get called up and it's not your thing, ignoring it or leaving dead air while you read the stream comments? Not so good.

They didn't even mention when you clutch killed 3 chars with Dante on his own...

Sairus wrote: »
    New organizers and venue this year. He was hopeful it would be better this year because of that.

I think Chunkis really wants it to succeed, but they always seem to let him down... he didn't even go himself in the end.
    I had forgotten SVB was on, really late this year isn't it?

Date wasn't great, conflicting with the only American tournament that could (public interest wise) probably be considered on a par with Evo. It's not like they could get Daigo to attend.

Anyone got a link to the stream archive?
    Bonus points for an approximate time when Lythero was on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sounds pretty horrible Lee :(

Advertisement