Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Winehouse Dead (RIP thread)[Mod Note Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Almost hard to believe it's the same person since we've been so used to seeing an image of her on the left.

She was never going to live to a decent age on this path.

She looked fit enough this morning............ http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/23/article-2018020-0D21203D00000578-673_306x631.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

stovelid wrote: »
    The lord works in cruel ways.

To think that Lady GaGa and Celine Dion are still walking the earth.
    They don't take drugs and look after themselves? Or so i think anyway? This is sad news indeed. RIP Amy. It is a lesson for people in general, if you need help and are suffering, just ask and talk about it. Friends, family and really go and seek help. Be strong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

Her management team didn't hand the crack pipe to her.

no but they were making money from her talent so ya tink it would ave been in der interests to get her life back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

What a shock, I'd always been hopeful she'd get back on track, all said she was a wonderful talent.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Basq wrote: »
    Sad.. but not particularly surprising!

RIP
    Indeed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

holuc wrote: »
    no but they were making money from her talent so ya tink it would ave been in der interests to get her life back on track.

Isn't that what people, especially her father tried to do???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

Aww Jeenie mac,,, cant belive it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

KeithAFC wrote: »
    They don't take drugs and look after themselves? Or so i think anyway? This is sad news indeed. RIP Amy. It is a lesson for people in general, if you need help and are suffering, just ask and talk about it. Friends, family and really go and seek help. Be strong. :)

Gaga claimed this week that she still smokes pot.

Corsendonk wrote: »

Burn her, the harlot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Amber Lamps

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Pot is not a drug. Its a weed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

It's sad but I don't think she'll be remembered as a great artist who changed music or was original in any way. Most of her tunes were written or co-written for her in a very nostalgic/retro style in a very marketable and contrived way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Death tends to work that way.

The words I have for you people would get me banned.

But in fairness people are just saying that she was not some innocent person who died, But she is a young girl who was run a stray by some bad people. She had millions of chances to sort her life out and she had the family and the money to do it. So RIP but not much sympathy can be had for her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I just hope this makes people realise that drugs are dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.

I keep thinking about that thread recently about who had done what drugs and the way so many seemed proud of the fact they had taken potentially lethal substances. Some said it opened their minds and the high was worth the risk etc.

I hope this highlights how twisted that logic is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

latenia wrote: »
    It's sad but I don't think she'll be remembered as a great artist who changed music or was original in any way. Most of her tunes were written or co-written for her in a very nostalgic/retro style in a very marketable and contrived way.

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Wow, wikipedia has been undated pretty fast;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Winehouse

Why do people react with astonishment when Wikipedia gets updated? It's an online forum, much like this one. It's as if you pulled your book off the shelf and said "Oh my god! It's somehow been updated to a new and revised edition, hardback!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

deisedave wrote: »
    But in fairness people are just saying that she was not some innocent person who died, But she is a young girl who was run a stray by some bad people. She had millions of chances to sort her life out and she had the family and the money to do it. So RIP but not much sympathy can be had for her

Of course she was innocent....taking drugs and drinking to excess is reckless and dangerous but not illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I just hope this makes people realise that drugs are dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.

I keep thinking about that thread recently about who had done what drugs and the way so many seemed proud of the fact they had taken potentially lethal substances. Some said it opened their minds and the high was worth the risk etc.

Theres a word for those people, retards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

What a shock, I'd always been hopeful she'd get back on track, all said she was a wonderful talent.

RIP

Thought she was gonna clean herself up too Pity she didn't, she could have had the world at her feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Of course she was innocent....taking drugs and drinking to excess is reckless and dangerous but not illegal.

I think taking certain kinds of drugs, like crack, actually is illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Great voice, just a pity that she became addicted to drugs. It must have sucked for her. People may look down their noses at her for doing so, but she just went down the wrong road.

Plenty of people do it, some peoples friends, neighbours, family members etc. It's so sad.

Like it was said above, hopefully it will raise more awareness about the dangers with drug taking and stuff.

I'd fuckin lol at the druggie haters if it turns out she was capped by a stray bullet from yer man in Norway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Just one thing here.
    Do any males on here think she was a "sad case, troubled by demons etc etc"?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Can someone refer me to the jokes thread? I don't want to get banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

If an overdose killed her, it means drug abuse - specifically heroin abuse - is dangerous, not that drugs are dangerous. That's like comparing one pill now and again with heroin addiction - the two are not comparable. You might as well say alcohol is dangerous and should be avoided at all costs if an alcoholic dies from drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Melion wrote: »
    Just one thing here.

Yes. A crack and/or heroin addiction is a pretty fukkin big demon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

LMFAO:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Melion wrote: »
    Just one thing here.

What a bizarre question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement