Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Winehouse Dead (RIP thread)[Mod Note Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

The words I have for you people would get me banned.

I'm sure they would have been very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Death tends to work that way.

The words I have for you people would get me banned.
    Better having the truth rather than the inevitable totally undeserved glorification she will receive

"Brave Amy" and other such sh!te

Yeah its sad, its such a huge waste and I feel bad for her friends and family.

If you have something to say, say it, sh!t or get off the jacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

sickening listening to the fawning eulogies being given by bbc reporters who were so quick to concentrate on her failings while she was alive

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Apparently police aren't saying exactly what she died of yet - should we speculate?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    I dunno what to think.

It's madness. 2009, 2010, 2011 - years of the celebra-death!
    Deaths come in threes. First jackass guy, now Amy Winehouse. Whos next!

Why does God always take the celebrities!? Why?? Damn you God.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Fago! wrote: »
    How is it that she dies, but Mick Jagger and the rest of the Rolling Stones are still breathing?

Not only did Keith Richards manage to survive years of drug and alcohol abuse but he also survived falling out of a coconut tree. You gotta be impressed by that.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Feel sad that someone who was 27 died, other than that..meh

The real shame is that the news channels are covering this at the top of the news when 98 people were massacred in Norway. We live in a time where the life of one celebrity who was a junkie is apparently bigger news than that of 98 innocents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

I find it very crass that some people will use the death of another human being to grind their moral axe. If you lack the compassion to care for others, at least don't lack the respect you should have for yourself.

Condolences to Amy's family, friends and fans

Such amazing talent - wasted. Her life goes to show the dark, dark, dark nature of the celebrity lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Amber Lamps

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Better having the truth rather than the inevitable totally undeserved glorification she will receive

"Brave Amy" and other such sh!te

Yeah its sad, its such a huge waste and I feel bad for her friends and family.

If you have something to say, say it, sh!t or get off the jacks

yeah except sometimes you get reefed of the jacks by a mod for saying it. **** everywhere :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I can only assume that the unsympathetic posters here (on a thread for sympathies to be expressed, no less) don't ever indulge in any activities that can endanger life either in the long-term or the short-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Wompa1 wrote: »

The real shame is that the news channels are covering this at the top of the news when 98 people were massacred in Norway. We live in a time where the life of one celebrity who was a junkie is apparently bigger news than that of 98 innocents.

They are both tragic events in different ways and both worthy of discussion.

No-ones forgotten Norway so there is no need for the holier-than-thou attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Joining the 27 Club now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Wow, wikipedia has been undated pretty fast;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Winehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Apparently police aren't saying exactly what she died of yet - should we speculate?

Going by the tone of this thread, we already are. Although in the interest of fairness, we probably shouldn't. It's a shame for her family - but frankly not a major loss musically. I was no fan of her music or her lifestyle. Terrible for the family though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

One of my favourite artists, the best singer of her generation. Such a f*cking shame. Such an incredible talent. RIP. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

what is it with 27?

Jimi hendrix
    jim morrison
    janis joplin
    brian jones
    kurt cobain

all dead at 27

now amy winehouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

And by what scientific measure have you deemed this story's coverage to be 'bigger' than that of what happened in Norway? News channels tend to go on about breaking stories but most people aren't idiots, I'm sure they're capable of being aware of more than one incident at a time...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Almost hard to believe it's the same person since we've been so used to seeing an image of her on the left.

She was never going to live to a decent age on this path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The lord works in cruel ways.

To think that Lady GaGa and Celine Dion are still walking the earth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Murdoch must be raging that the Amy story and the Oslo stories didn't break earlier in the week to hide the hacking scandal.

Sad to see her die but she did surround herself with people who gladly took advantage of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭briany

A real tragedy.

The Sky News website has crashed, presumably because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Not only did Keith Richards manage to survive years of drug and alcohol abuse but he also survived falling out of a coconut tree. You gotta be impressed by that.... :pac:

Kudos where kudos is deserved.
    LC2010HIS wrote: »
    It's madness. 2009, 2010, 2011 - years of the celebra-death!
    Deaths come in threes. First jackass guy, now Amy Winehouse. Whos next!

Kerry Katona :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,201 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it's more because that happened yesterday and this happened today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Shaun Ryder was a massive smack head and even he managed to overcome drugs, Winehouse had so many oppurtunities to get clean but didn't so it's hard to have any sympathy for her really to be brutally honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

It shows how clued in I can be to the news and stuff at times when I find out that she died via a Mod Note on YLYL and then googled and was like "..."

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Almost hard to believe it's the same person since we've been so used to seeing an image of her on the left.

She was never going to live to a decent age on this path.

The one on the left would get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

what is it with 27?

Jimi hendrix
    jim morrison
    janis joplin
    brian jones
    kurt cobain

all dead at 27

now amy winehouse

Exactly what I was thinking....

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭mystique150

Sad news. She had the best possible help available to her and it still wasn't enough. I'm sure plenty of us have friends and family who will have a similar faith through drugs and alcohol abuse. Let's hope some good comes from her death and it opens the eyes of those following in her footsteps.... RIP Amy xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

sickipedias servers have just exploded

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement