Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Winehouse Dead (RIP thread)[Mod Note Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Dudess wrote: »
    If an overdose killed her, it means drug abuse - specifically heroin abuse - is dangerous, not that drugs are dangerous. That's like comparing one pill now and again with heroin addiction - the two are not comparable. You might as well say alcohol is dangerous and should be avoided at all costs if an alcoholic dies from drinking.
    Sure a little bit of heroine never does any harm like!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Melion wrote: »
    Just one thing here.
    Do any males on here think she was a "sad case, troubled by demons etc etc"?

Yes, why?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Yes. A crack and/or heroin addiction is a pretty fukkin big demon.

That she got herself into, could have got herself away from plenty of times and never did. No sympathy deserved in this case IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I think taking certain kinds of drugs, like crack, actually is illegal.

Pretty sure buying or selling them is, but the actual act of consuming them isn't.

I want to make jokes, where's the jokes thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I just hope this makes people realise that drugs are dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.

I keep thinking about that thread recently about who had done what drugs and the way so many seemed proud of the fact they had taken potentially lethal substances. Some said it opened their minds and the high was worth the risk etc.

I hope this highlights how twisted that logic is.

How is it twisted? Sometimes, you have to take a big risk for a big reward. Like risking death for a chance to experience a different perspective, and for other people to think you're cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

If an overdose killed her, it means drug abuse - specifically heroin abuse - is dangerous, not that drugs are dangerous. That's like comparing one pill now and again with heroin addiction - the two are not comparable. You might as well say alcohol is dangerous and should be avoided at all costs if an alcoholic dies from drinking.

I can't quite remember who said it or in what context, but it's apt: 'it's not the drug that kills you - it's the dose.'

What a bizarre question.

It seems to be all women that are expressing sorrow at this "loss"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I think taking certain kinds of drugs, like crack, actually is illegal.
    charlemont wrote: »
    :confused:
    deisedave wrote: »
    LMFAO:D

I just meant it doesn't make her a bad person or mean that we shouldn't feel sorry for her.

Hmm... I hadn't noticed. Good eye.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Not to mention she was known to mix drink + drugs which is a disastrous cocktail.

The drugs alone might not have killed her, but even small amounts of drug taking mixed with alcohol will do you damage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

True.
    Just ask all the crime victims that were saved by wonder woman.

By the way, the commitments is on TV tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Just one thing here.
    Do any males on here think she was a "sad case, troubled by demons etc etc"?

Ehhhh wtf do males have to do with anything??!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

That she got herself into, could have got herself away from plenty of times and never did. No sympathy deserved in this case IMO

She most likely got herself into them because of other demons.

What's your stance on suicide?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

RIP Amy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I just hope this makes people realise that drugs are dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.

I keep thinking about that thread recently about who had done what drugs and the way so many seemed proud of the fact they had taken potentially lethal substances. Some said it opened their minds and the high was worth the risk etc.

I hope this highlights how twisted that logic is.

I bet you a tenner that it was prescription drugs that got her in the end.

How is it twisted? Sometimes, you have to take a big risk for a big reward. Like risking death for a chance to experience a different perspective, and for other people to think you're cool.

A 27 year old woman is dead thanks to those wonderful mind opening substances after years of them destroying her.

That's how its twisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

is there really much else to say? i also think its sad but junkies die all the time and thats how she wanted to go and if she didnt then she would have went to rehab .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

deisedave wrote: »
    But in fairness people are just saying that she was not some innocent person who died, But she is a young girl who was run a stray by some bad people. She had millions of chances to sort her life out and she had the family and the money to do it. So RIP but not much sympathy can be had for her

I agree with much of what you say Sir.

I feel sorry for her family and friends and think they should be allowed to grieve before we disect the virtues, or lack thereof, of Amy Winehouse's lifestyle.

It's when people start using this RIP thread to grind their moral 'drugs are bad and I'm an angel' axe that gets me really fired up.

angryface.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Zillah wrote: »
    Pretty sure buying or selling them is, but the actual act of consuming them isn't.

I want to make jokes, where's the jokes thread?

Don't, I got a warning over making jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

They are both tragic events in different ways and both worthy of discussion.

No-ones forgotten Norway so there is no need for the holier-than-thou attitude.

I didn't say anybody had forgotten. I'm saying her death does not warrant being at the top of the news on Today FM, Sky News etc.

Also in my own opinion the events in Norway will have a much further reaching impact than the death of Amy Winehouse. It will most likely lead to significant changes in Norway and possibly the rest of Europe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

There'd probably be males feeling that way here too if she wasn't so ugly and skanky looking.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    She most likely got herself into them because of other demons.

What's your stance on suicide?

One of the most selfish things you can do, but again thats my opinion. And probably for another thread.

latenia wrote: »
    I bet you a tenner that it was prescription drugs that got her in the end.

I doubt it, she seemed to favour the not do legal variety. Or alcohol but I'd rather not speculate tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Is there a jokes thread for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Shocked yes, surprised no.
    Dead at 27? joining the club >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

I just meant it doesn't make her a bad person or mean that we shouldn't feel sorry for her.

I don't know about that, actually. I can understand why people would feel little sympathy for her given how she lived her life. Many people struggle daily with fair greater 'demons' than Winehouse but don't give in to drugs and debauchery.

In any case, we still don't know what happened - so as I already said, it's probably best not to speculate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

She should of went to rehab.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Is there a jokes thread for this?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I'd assume a little bit on its own doesn't, but its addictiveness is too intense so it's best avoided.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

She should of went to rehab.:rolleyes:

If I hear/read that stupid line once more...........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement