Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Winehouse Dead (RIP thread)[Mod Note Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Her dad hasn't been told yet but it's all over Sky News??! Jaysus.

Anyway RIP, 27 is too young to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Deep down I hope this is a publicity stunt for her da's singing career.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Jesus christ. Unbelievable. :eek: :(

No.
    Plumpynutt wrote: »
    I wonder why do a lot of musicians tend to die at 27?

Confirmation bias.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Now... how will this thread go, will we all pretend she wasnt a total junkie and praise her to the high heavens?

She was a junkie, but a talented junkie. I never "liked" her music but I appreciated her talent which alot of artists today lack.

She should be remembered for her talent and not her downfall which were drugs and alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

R.I.P Amy.

Why does everyone keep saying "message to young people about drugs" etc.Now, I know she had problems with drugs but...
    I thought the news said her death was 'unexplained?'. At least thats the last time I watched tv?!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

This is sad, but it's not a tragedy.

Norway know more about Tragedy this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

re 27, there is properly a mathematical formulae out there that can explain it. Something like

Age of initial success x wealth / educational achievement - steady relationship + contemporary drug culture

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

ejmaztec wrote: »

Give them time...they'll try to find an Al Qaeda drug dealer who sold her the drugs...

Anyway, RIP Amy. It's not shocking or surprising, but it's sad to see yet another huge talent wasted. Condolences to her loved ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

RIP Amy. Too young to die :( x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

demakinz wrote: »
    They tried. She said no no no.

lololol good one!1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

The only shock here is that it was one of the toxic celebs who died (The Winehouse/Fielder/Dohertry Triumvirate of Scum ) and not some poor spa who got sucked into their bull****.

Great voice, **** life choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Her dad hasn't been told yet but it's all over Sky News??! Jaysus.

Anyway RIP, 27 is too young to die.

In fairness they didn't know he wasn't aware when they first reported it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

So if you have drink or drug problems you deserve to die?

Lovely attitude.

i never said she deserved to die so dont be trying to make me sound like a evil bastard. all i said is i have no remorse.

she was given a amazing talent by god and pissed it away on drink and drugs and wasted a lot of money by going to rehab and for what nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Yakult wrote: »
    She was a junkie, but a talented junkie. I never "liked" her music but I appreciated her talent which alot of artists today lack.

She should be remembered for her talent and not her downfall which were drugs and alcohol.
    Drugs are intertwined with her music, you cant really separate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Basq wrote: »
    A tired tasteless joke.... and in bold? GO YOU!
    Tis bold cos I done'd copied and pasted it from where I put it and it wouldn't un-bold. :(

I'm just waiting for the people pouring out to say "Oh it doesnt matter what her life was like!". The woman was a mess but she was a great singer.

The Zutons Can Sleep Soundly Once Again!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Very sad news.:(

RIP Amy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

The only shock here is that it was one of the toxic celebs who died (The Winehouse/Fielder/Dohertry Triumvirate of Scum ) and not some poor spa who got sucked into their bull****.

Great voice, **** life choices.

Fielder?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

This is sad, but it's not a tragedy.

Norway know more about Tragedy this week.

It's not a competition ffs. It's possible for both to be tragic, perhaps in different ways for different reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

They were saying on Sky news that her father doesn't know yet he is on a flight in America. Thats crazy, it is being discussed all over the world and he doesn't even know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

ricero wrote: »
    i never said she deserved to die so dont be trying to make me sound like a evil bastard. all i said is i have no remorse.

she was given a amazing talent by god and pissed it away on drink and drugs and wasted a lot of money by going to rehab and for what nothing.

To me, saying you feel no remorse sounds like you have no sympathy, that you felt she had it coming.

If you don't fair enough but you could find a better way to put your opinion across.

She didn't become a junkie on purpose and there is no reason to suppose she didn't try to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Sad but not surprised.

To me, saying you feel no remorse sounds like you have no sympathy, that you felt she had it coming.

If you don't fair enough but you could find a better way to put your opinion across.

She didn't become a junkie on purpose and there is no reason to suppose she didn't try to change it.

i feel sorry for her parents that about it. her poor dad was heartbroken the amount of times he tried to help her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Fielder?

Whatever goombah she married who end up in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Meh big deal, it's nothing new and I doubt she will be as remembered as Janis Joplin who also died of a over dose and who was younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Namlub wrote: »
    lololol good one!1!

I see you're in stitches at the wit on display here aswell? It's the originality of the joke that makes it so hilarious...
    Fielder?

Blake Fielder (aka her useless no-good husband.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

She didn't deserve to die by any stretch of the imagination and it's always sad when a young talent dies, but she certainly dug her own grave by getting involved in that drugs shyt!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,887 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm surprises she lasted this long.

Ah well. I wonder will Doherty be next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

RIP Amy...

Not being a bolox here but I reckon Pete Doherty won't take long to go the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Amber Lamps

Sharrow wrote: »
    Meh big deal, it's nothing new and I doubt she will be as remembered as Janis Joplin who also died of a over dose and who was younger.

they were both the same age when they died

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement