Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

ledgebag1 wrote: »
    Tyrone didn't really put much wide in the second half, have you ever been to a dublin Meath or cork Kerry match? Lots of jeering at wides sure its part of the game now ;)

It is in my bollox! Kildare and to a lesser extent Dublin are the worst offenders. But anyway ye will have plenty of time to change your ways before next year.

Clogs0 wrote: »
    Are u for real??? There's not one county in the country that doesn't jeer when the opposition misses!!!!

There's none that have the large majority of "fans" who jeer wides. Such a massive show of unsportsmanlike behaviour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Felexicon wrote: »
    It is in my bollox! Kildare and to a lesser extent Dublin are the worst offenders. But anyway ye will have plenty of time to change your ways before next year.

Did you watch Donegal and Tyrone it was happening there so unfortunately you are talking out of your b....x chief it happens at both football and hurling matches I'm afraid

Did you watch Donegal and Tyrone it was happening there so unfortunately you are talking out of your b....x chief it happens at both football and hurling matches I'm afraid

Ill also add that Meath fans in the past also did the same.

Ill also add that Meath fans in the past also did the same.

I've never heard one Meath fan jeering the opposition and I haven't missed a games in years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I've never heard one Meath fan jeering the opposition and I haven't missed a games in years

I'm sorry but that's absolute waffle not all Meath supporters but you do have a few yobs the same as every county Jesus rose tinted Meath sunglasses

Sorry mate I was at plenty of kildare Meath dublin Meath matches and they did, it happens but who gives a hoot kildare are out new manager needed now at this stage and a team shake up

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Clogs0

There's none that have the large majority of "fans" who jeer wides. Such a massive show of unsportsmanlike behaviour

You'd want to pay more attention when your watching other matches! And what's the idea of 'fans'?? Your inverted commas don't make much sense!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Neeson wrote: »
    Two Cavan men seal Kildare's fate.

Johnson kills them. And with that whistle McQuillan puts the myth to bed and Kildare go back to their houses for another year. No Croke Park.

This geezer has had his moment I think.

and jason ryan, he hoped on board for a few quid and a chance to beat the dubs the leech

Standing outside saint conleths with my young lad and there's that feeling again...

I know how good our lads can play but what is going through their minds against bigger teams its as if they want to chase a game from point of no return...

Also I'm just saying it now felexicon I am disgusted you coming in and rubbing salt in like that you are gone way down in my books here bad bad form when obviously feelings will be running high here.

Think it's time for management change we need a fresh man in charge I appreciate everything Kieran has done for us but recent performances are atrocious

Here's to another year lads CILL DARA ABÚ

and respect to Tyrone too well done

• Advertisement

Clogs0 wrote: »
    You'd want to pay more attention when your watching other matches! And what's the idea of 'fans'?? Your inverted commas don't make much sense!

I don't consider those who jeer to be real fans, hence the inverted commas. Thought that was fairly obvious.

Anyway, Kildare need rid of Geezer now. With him and his oversized ego at the helm you won't win anything. He's choking the natural football instincts out of your best footballers. Time for him to go and get a man in who can nurture the best of this years minor panel. Those along with some of the younger lads around the senior panel have the potential to put Kildare football back where it should be.

I don't consider those who jeer to be real fans, hence the inverted commas. Thought that was fairly obvious.

Anyway, Kildare need rid of Geezer now. With him and his oversized ego at the helm you won't win anything. He's choking the natural football instincts out of your best footballers. Time for him to go and get a man in who can nurture the best of this years minor panel. Those along with some of the younger lads around the senior panel have the potential to put Kildare football back where it should be.
    Agree Kildare need to oust geezer now.

Sorry I thought you were rubbing it in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

As a neutral to the Leinster infighting that seems to be going on in this thread, I'll just say that I have been at hundreds of games down through the years, club and intercounty, there's always jeering at wides. To say otherwise is burying your head in the sand type stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Did Seanie J really just kick a point when we needed a goal in overtime of extra time? Well done SJ. Teamwork YEAH!

Start of the first half Kildare played great football it's consistency letting us down all the time

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hard luck guys, the inconsistency that this Kildare team perform at must be ddifficult for fans to live with. They have good players and ability. They need some wholesale changes now, this current setup has reached its limit imho.

Start of the first half Kildare played great football it's consistency letting us down all the time

Time to edit your post. First half was ****e. Second half was mostly ****e. All topped of with a SJ ****e cherry on top. Why is he playing for Kildare. Wrong attitude, wrong skill level, wrong county, wrong player, wrong day. Get rid. Coill Dubh and Tommy Flaherty should have kept him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Imo DK, looking at the game you just knew Kildare were not going to swing it,I thought they played terrible,They also seemed to be getting a bit messy and fouling a lot,Anyway hard luck and hopefully you will come back a much stronger team next year.

And to think I put money on them back then after there strong start in the league to get into the all Ireland final :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

DK, before the match I wanted Kildare to win, but I have to say that I am glad Tyrone won, at least there is a chance of an open game of football next week. Kildare looked like they had been training for the Lions tour rather than a football championship. Big, strong, physical and well conditioned, but as regards football, that's the game Tyrone were playing. I thought a couple of years ago that there was an All Ireland in this Kildare setup, but they seem to have copied the Donegal blueprint as regards fitness and over hand passing, what's worse its the Donegal blueprint from 2011.
    Do you think Geezer will go? Do you think Jason Ryan might replace him?
    Anyway, hard luck to Kildare, but I really expected a lot more, very dissapointing

DK, before the match I wanted Kildare to win, but I have to say that I am glad Tyrone won, at least there is a chance of an open game of football next week. Kildare looked like they had been training for the Lions tour rather than a football championship. Big, strong, physical and well conditioned, but as regards football, that's the game Tyrone were playing. I thought a couple of years ago that there was an All Ireland in this Kildare setup, but they seem to have copied the Donegal blueprint as regards fitness and over hand passing, what's worse its the Donegal blueprint from 2011.
    Anyway, hard luck to Kildare, but I really expected a lot more, very dissapointing

Agree with all of that, he defo needs to go now, he has brought the team/ squad on a great distance but a new manager is needed, Jason Ryan Glenn Ryan who knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Fans jeer to try and make a player put the ball wide. In Kildare's case, the opposition fans don't need to bother.:)

Agree with all of that, he defo needs to go now, he has brought the team/ squad on a great distance but a new manager is needed, Jason Ryan Glenn Ryan who knows

Its like Geezer had a plan at the beginning, they improved and then over the last two years, he threw it out the window and changed his philosophy, which was a pity, because they were starting to play very good football.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Agree Kildare need to oust geezer now.

Sorry I thought you were rubbing it in..

Well rubbing it in or not he was indeed talking utter bollocks with his Meath holier than thou crap of no Meath 'fans' jeering wides from the opposition, take a look back 6 days ago every wide Cluxton or any Dublin player for that matter kicked was greeted with obvious cheers. There's even a TV captured beauty of one of your so called 'fans' flexicon nearly injuring himself in the Davin stand to get up as quick as he can to give the wánker gesture after Paul Flynn put one wide. So maybe pipe down with your condemnation of other counties unsportsmanlike carry on when your own crowd are well in the mix.

Other wise Dark-Knight hard luck tonight, I think with the right senior management panel your lads have a bright future in what's evident at emerging under age levels in the county, it's not all doom and gloom like some might put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The way they are playing at present, Kildare could be on Celebrity Bainisteoir. :rolleyes: So, Brenda Donoghue to make a comeback?

Its like Geezer had a plan at the beginning, they improved and then over the last two years, he threw it out the window and changed his philosophy, which was a pity, because they were starting to play very good football.

Yeah it's like he is trying to play as mentioned in a previous post in the same style as Donegal, unfortunately it doesn't suit us or else we don't have the players match that style, we tag too many wide, drop the ball short or give the opposition defence plenty of time to regroup before an attack, fresh eyes and ideas needed now.

Agreed. The slow, ponderous build up from defence in the first half was nieve and immature to say the least. The consistant and deliberate fouling only played into Tyrones hands. McGeeney seems to take 35mins to read a game and by then it is too late. I have a feeling that the players may have taken the tactics into their own hands in the second half. I hope I'm wrong in that as it would indicate that they have lost faith In McGeeney. I think he may have a part to play in Kildares future but he needs to react to things a bit faster in games.

Flukey wrote: »
    The way they are playing at present, Kildare could be on Celebrity Bainisteoir. :rolleyes: So, Brenda Donoghue to make a comeback?

Flakey no offense but one dig about wides was enough can you stop with the salt?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I suppose the bottom line is that Kildare don't have the players. This team will beat the Roscommons, the Warerfords and the Wexfords but any team capable of winning an All-Ireland would be content playing them.

squire1 wrote: »
    Agreed. The slow, ponderous build up from defence in the first half was nieve and immature to say the least. The consistant and deliberate fouling only played into Tyrones hands. McGeeney seems to take 35mins to read a game and by then it is too late. I have a feeling that the players may have taken the tactics into their own hands in the second half. I hope I'm wrong in that as it would indicate that they have lost faith In McGeeney. I think he may have a part to play in Kildares future but he needs to react to things a bit faster in games.

I know its a bit raw in here at present. I think McGeeney is a good guy, I would not agree with the assertion that he's too big for his boots, If he was that way inclined he would not have brought Jason Ryan on board, which I think was Kildare's gain and Wexford's loss. (I think Wexford will continue to spiral downwards without Jason tbh) I am sure most will now say the Jason Ryan addition failed, bit maybe that needs to be given a bit of time. I think what is really needed overall in football is for teams to think different to the same old same old of blanket defence and smothering teams, the Dubs seem to be putting their heads above the parapet in this regard, Meath are trying to bring more pace to the team, Kerry too look like they want to attack teams with speed of ball, Donegal even changed their methods last year. Personally, I think McGeeney will step aside, but if it was me, I would give him one last year. Did the SJ saga take more out of Kildare than was obvious from the outside?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

You have to feel for Seanie as well. That Geezer kept sniffing hard on him and then put him to rot on the subs bench. He threw him on and off, treating him like a rag doll. You have to give these boys time on the ball to be confident.

Advertisement