Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Syferus wrote: »
    He's a forward :confused:

He'd get plenty of stick alright but I doubt it'll be for that.

There was no need for him to come on or to take the kick.

He could of had a bit of respect and sat the game out.

I know a lot of people in Cavan who wished him well until then.

Another reason I can't see the move back to the Gaels happening is that it actually split the club. Some supported him, others didn't.

Of course when the club under achieved last Summer by going out in the quarter finals, it gave those that didn't support him a valid argument that he had rocked the club.

[
    Syferus wrote: »
    He's a forward :confused:

He'd get plenty of stick alright but I doubt it'll be for that.

There was no need for him to come on or to take the kick. He could of had a bit of respect and sat the game out.

So you think other lads playing for clubs in Roscommon would have no problem if Donie Shine did it and then arrived back to play club football against them? Don't be naive.

I know a lot of people in Cavan who wished him well until then.

Another reason I can't see the move back to the Gaels happening is that it actually split the club. Some supported him, others didn't.

Of course when the club under achieved last Summer by going out in the quarter finals, it gave those that didn't support him a valid argument that he had rocked the club.

Not more seanie Johnston ****e talk lads. Please just please don't start this again feel free to start a thread re him moving bAck, ill contribute to that thread no problem.

But to be fair to us Kildare fans please don't cause hassle over him here.

In saying that I agree with lemlin that he did not need to come on in that game and he certainly didn't need to take that kick as obviously that was rubbing salt into wound.

I do wish seanie well though, but I can't see Cavan lads accepting him after everything he did

I don't think it needs to be rehashed. The discussion started out about Sesnie as a Kildare player and I don't think what I see as idle rumours in Cavan should railroad that.

Just to point out though Dark Knight, the rumour is about him going back to his club, not the county team. Not sure if you got that. Whatever about a future manager, which should be a long time away, he definitely won't play under Terry Hyland for Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

All this fuss about a Kildare sub.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Lemlin wrote: »
    There's a happy medium for players and I think McGeeney has failed to realise that.
    Guys who have to really put in effort to bulk up were not born with the engine in terms of lungs and heart to carry it over 75 mins Happy medium is more leg muscle and leg strength with enough upper body With GPS tracker it should be possible to see who fades It is the repeated fast burst to make a tackle or win a ball that may go Could also just be our own perception Sometimes bigger players look slower but arent

• Advertisement

All this fuss about a Kildare sub.

:rolleyes:

Not to mention a player dropped by a Division 3 team.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

IS it true that 3000 extra tickets were on sale today in Newbridge?

Was there a punch up amongst members of the Kildare camp during training this week involving high profile players who have recently been dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Was there a punch up amongst members of the Kildare camp during training this week involving high profile players who have recently been dropped?

I heard nothing like that and if it happened I would normally hear about it, in saying that maybe it did.

Apparently tomás oconnor fell out with mcgeeney and only reason he is getting a game is he is playing great football.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't think it needs to be rehashed. The discussion started out about Sesnie as a Kildare player and I don't think what I see as idle rumours in Cavan should railroad that.

Just to point out though Dark Knight, the rumour is about him going back to his club, not the county team. Not sure if you got that. Whatever about a future manager, which should be a long time away, he definitely won't play under Terry Hyland for Cavan.

Do us a favour lemlin and have a chat to hyland to take him back?? ;)

Serious note seanie looks like a grasshopper jumping up and down looking for attention or the limelight, pathetic really

• Advertisement

Do us a favour lemlin and have a chat to hyland to take him back?? ;)

Serious note seanie looks like a grasshopper jumping up and down looking for attention or the limelight, pathetic really

I still laugh at all this talk of Cavan taking him back. I think people don't grasp the fact that he was dropped by Cavan. We didn't want him.

Last year we had to listen to the media cause such furore over why would little Cavan drop such a great player but the lads have shown why it happened this year.

Anyway, time to change the topic me thinks...

Did O'Connor batter Geezer then!?

From my information, thanks to a source in county management, there were a few thumps thrown!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

shame they cannot bring that to the pitch, shower of wimps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Jaysus. Even Johnny Doyle is shocking there.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Kildare very poor again, taking ridiculous shots and making a balls of half decent chances.

Add in shocking passing and stupid fouls and you can see Tyrone putting them to bed without much bother.

Kildare defenders now acting the hardshaw with O'Neill to boot, hope he rides them sidewards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Who came on for Kildare?

Everything going Hunky Dory for Tyrone.

How in the name of Jaysus it was thought that Kildare could win - I'm at a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Kildare are the most over-rated team in Ireland. Dismal forwards. McGeeney makes too many positional changes each game, players don't know if they are coming or going.

Big 35 mins for McGeeney.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Clogs0

If they don't recover in this half surely it's time Geezer walked away!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,060 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Callaghan should never have started, wasn't even fit. There's more than him having a mare on the pitch though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

It's not over until the final whistle

In fairness they've started well - can they keep it going?

EDIT: Peno - missed by O'Neill..

Who knows but you gotta believe :)

Normal service resumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Not much jeering wides now from Kildare "fans". Good enough for them they deserve no better

Two Cavan men seal Kildare's fate.

Johnson kills them. And with that whistle McQuillan puts the myth to bed and Kildare go back to their houses for another year. No Croke Park.

This geezer has had his moment I think.

Johnson goes for a score for himself, that's about right.

Kildare would want to look at how, after 6 years under McGeeney, they produced a performance like they did against Dublin and as they did for the opening half of this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Clogs0

Felexicon wrote: »
    Not much jeering wides now from Kildare "fans". Good enough for them they deserve no better

Are u for real??? There's not one county in the country that doesn't jeer when the opposition misses!!!!

• Advertisement

Felexicon wrote: »

Tyrone didn't really put much wide in the second half, have you ever been to a dublin Meath or cork Kerry match? Lots of jeering at wides sure its part of the game now ;)

Advertisement