Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Very lucky to get out of that with a win never mind a 7 point win. Plenty will have to be learned. Great shifts put in by Peter Kelly, Darryl Flynn and Paddy Brophy. Doyle, O'Flaherty, Johnston and O'Connor got the crucial scores when the pressure was on. Jonathan Byrne did well when he came on too.

Rory Hickey is a very poor ref, poor for both teams but his failure to penalise Louth players for kneeing players on the ground was disgraceful. My opinion of Paddy Keenan has dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 chris2bhoy

how good are this kildare minor team? and will they beat westmeath today hearing some serious reviews about them

8 points to 3 up at half time.

1-10 to 6 now

2-14 to 6 now. Looking like our first Leinster minor win in 22 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Would be a fantastic result!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Donkeygonads

Great win lads, great to see some talent coming through .... Now try and push it all the way to September !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Fabulous result for the minors. Really impressed with how this team goes about its business. I presume we will be favourites to go all the way now but I hope people have learned their lesson with what happened to the under 21 team earlier this year.

The senior match was very nervy and it was far from a convincing win. The defence struggled again but it was pleasing that no goal chances were given up. It would be nice to get another home draw. There was a great atmosphere around Newbridge last night.

Juniors beat Sligo 3-14 to 0-6. Not a bad weekend for Kildare football.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Draw is made:
    Kildare vs Tyrone, winners play Meath

Certainly not an easy draw, but we're gonna have to beat them at some point. The game against Tyrone is going to be tough but nothing which we haven't beaten in the past. We just need to do in the Championship as opposed to in the league. This is make or break for this Kildare team. Let's hope we can cut out giving away easy ball in our own 45 which has given 5/6 scores in each of the last two games. It's killing us.

HON THE LILLIES!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

Looking foward to this game very much already! Hopefully it will be left in Newbridge but even if its moved to Portlaoise the ahmosphere will be electric! Any word on Ollie Lyon's and Eoin Doyle's progress?

At least it's at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Home Home or Home in Portlaoise? I would easily expect 15-20'000 at this. Tyrone as with Kildare have massive support. Tie of the Round. Can see it moved to Portlaoise tbh.

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Home Home or Home in Portlaoise? I would easily expect 15-20'000 at this. Tyrone as with Kildare have massive support. Tie of the Round. Can see it moved to Portlaoise tbh.

I forgot the sarcastic rolleyes from my post!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Charlie Redmond on with Marian, talking about the match.

"Meath are not Kildare, they are not gonna give in easily".. :eek:

Charlie Redmond on with Marian, talking about the match.

"Meath are not Kildare, they are not gonna give in easily".. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Just stating facts. Kildare crashed and burned in the second half in both League and Championship games. I guess that is what he is basing HIS OPINION on.

As the saying goes: opinions are like ars.....................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

I forgot the sarcastic rolleyes from my post!! ;)

Tyrone beat us by 6 points in Newbridge less than 4 months ago. Newbridge is hardly that much of a fortress for us! And sure don't we get to put some money in the pocket of the exchequer through tax on fuel.

We might not win the All-Ireland, but we'll get us out of a recession...

full_irish wrote: »
    Tyrone beat us by 6 points in Newbridge less than 4 months ago. Newbridge is hardly that much of a fortress for us! And sure don't we get to put some money in the pocket of the exchequer through tax on fuel.

We might not win the All-Ireland, but we'll get us out of a recession...

Yeah our record against Tyrone is terrible. We drew with them in the first game of the league in 2008 and beat them in the division two final last year. Every other time we've played them in the last five years, we've lost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

It's gonna be a great game regardless. As a lily white these games always have the nerves jangling but I personally can't wait, it's gonna be a belter

The publicans of Newbridge will be delighted with another big payday in prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kencoo

If your not from a club i see you can only get tickets from Hawkfield. Does anyone know what time that stays open to on wed evening?

kencoo wrote: »
    If your not from a club i see you can only get tickets from Hawkfield. Does anyone know what time that stays open to on wed evening?

Give them a ring on 045 430602. Maybe they'll hold one back for you if you ask them nicely! I don't think there will be a big supply for general sale for this one.

This 7,500 capacity is a complete joke. There was only a few hundred down at the Kilcullen End on Saturday and the stand was not full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

the last game didn't sell out there was plenty of tickets left on Saturday .
    the demand wasn't there i think many fans are still deflated since the Dublin game and have lost respect for mcgeeney and his tactics so they won't be going to the match..

I know what you're getting at. I got more of a kick from the minors' win on Sunday than watching the seniors on Saturday.

kencoo wrote: »

KfmSport ‏@KfmSport 4m
    BREAKING NEWS: @KildareGAA v @TyroneGAALive is nearly a sell-out. Only 500 tickets left (Kilcullen End ONLY) on sale in Hawkfield from 2pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 paudgemcgaudge

• Advertisement

Cill Dara (v Tír Eoghain):

1 Shane Connolly (St Laurence's)
    2 David Hyland (Athy)
    3 Peter Kelly (Two Mile House)
    4 Hugh McGrillen (Celbridge)
    5 Éamonn Callaghan (Naas)
    6 Morgan O'Flaherty (Carbury)
    7 Emmet Bolton (Eadestown)